I'm Gay | Matt Dallas | News

'Kyle XY' Actor Matt Dallas Comes Out, Tweets Photo of Fiancé

Dallas

Kyle XY actor Matt Dallas tweeted last night, along with a snapshot (below):

"Starting off the year with a new fiancé, @bluehamilton. A great way to kick off 2013!"

Blue Hamilton is an independent musician based in Los Angeles. Dallas has been seen with him before.

A music video from Hamilton, AFTER THE JUMP...

Congrats to Dallas on finally deciding to live his truth. And, if you missed our year's end wrap-up, check out our list of the '50 Most Powerful Coming Outs of 2012'. Will 2013 be bigger?

Blue_hamilton

Md

Comments

1. Why the 'quotes'?

Posted by: JD | Jan 7, 2013 9:16:42 AM

2. I had the same question as JD. Not cool, Andy.

Matt's been a celebrity crush of mine for YEARS; now even more so :)

I can't wait for more pictures of them, together. They'll be freaking adorable!!

Posted by: Aaron A. | Jan 7, 2013 9:20:47 AM

3. Well done and all the best to Kyle.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 7, 2013 9:21:23 AM

4. I meant all the best to Matt.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 7, 2013 9:21:46 AM

5. I wish them many happy years together. They're going to be a stunning couple.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 7, 2013 9:24:55 AM

6. I'm torn. If this is genuine, congratulations are in order, but if this is some kind of joke, it is not funny.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Jan 7, 2013 9:25:15 AM

7. Eff you Matt Dallas, coward.

Posted by: Fensox | Jan 7, 2013 9:35:31 AM

8. Unless the fiance is in part of the "joke", he confirmed the news.
    Check out @BlueJamesMusic.

So Congratulations Mr Dallas and Mr Hamilton.

Posted by: Blake | Jan 7, 2013 9:42:08 AM

9. This isn't much of a surprise.

But I am jealous that he's not single haha.

Posted by: S. | Jan 7, 2013 9:45:26 AM

10. I'm happy he finally came out. I also like the way he's come out. More of these glass closet types are coming out and that's a good thing. Congrats to Matt and Brandon!

Posted by: Francis | Jan 7, 2013 9:49:34 AM

11. He hasn't exactly been in the closet since High School. Not sure why people act like this is news (him being gay, that is).

Posted by: LiamB | Jan 7, 2013 9:53:22 AM

12. Am I the only one who thought it strange that he referred to Hamilton as his "new" fiance?

Posted by: Steven | Jan 7, 2013 10:04:19 AM

13. Lovely song and video--nice to see two talented, handsome guys found each other and fell in love. Congrats Matt! :) (Still mad that ABC Family cancelled "Kyle XY" without a final tie-off episode.)

Posted by: Dback | Jan 7, 2013 10:21:06 AM

14. If bluehamilton is his "new" fiance... who was his "old" fiance????

Posted by: anonymous | Jan 7, 2013 10:21:11 AM

15. The quotes are to designate the title of the show he was known for.

Posted by: Ronny | Jan 7, 2013 10:24:31 AM

16. Doubt it's a joke - he's been on the "rumor" list for a long time and never denied the "rumors" even when his show was popular. Congrats to them!

Posted by: reality | Jan 7, 2013 10:26:04 AM

17. @ANONYMOUS, "new" fiance, as in "RECENTLY engaged".

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jan 7, 2013 10:30:39 AM

18. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm so out of touch with pop culture that I've never heard of either of them but I wish them well and send them congratulations. They'll make a handsome couple and the voice in the video is beautiful.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jan 7, 2013 10:37:31 AM

19. I am very happy he decided to come out, but the LENGTHS this guy went to to deny his sexuality have been so sad. I mean, he's given dozens and dozens of interviews about all the pussy he's had and how he couldn't possibly be gay and.....blagh. Sad. I'd like some acknowledgement from him on his past comments.

Posted by: Billy | Jan 7, 2013 10:50:26 AM

20. I'm glad they fixed it, but to contextualize my comment - "fiance" was also in quotes when this article was first published.

Posted by: JD | Jan 7, 2013 10:58:09 AM

21. Matt Dallas did in fact deny he was gay. Howard Stern was a big fan of Kyle XY and he had him on his show, and when asked straight up if he was gay, he denied, denied, denied. But here's to him coming out now. And congrats on the engagement Matt.

Posted by: Omar | Jan 7, 2013 11:02:12 AM

22. Apparently, if celebrity obsess fans do not know you are gay, you are consider closeted. They hold the certification of outing. It does not matter if your family, friends or love one know if you are gay. These non related and non of your business people have to the one to approve. Strange society we live in.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | Jan 7, 2013 11:02:56 AM

23. I was never under the impression he was heterosexual, especially after this scene in Entourage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGpceOaexU

Posted by: AJ | Jan 7, 2013 11:08:17 AM

24. I KNEW it! I'm happy for him and his fiance... lucky dude. Matt is gorgeous and sweet.

Posted by: sparks | Jan 7, 2013 11:32:15 AM