BigGayDeal.com

News: Batman, Ryan Lochte, Elk, Blue Umbrella, Tennis Men

RoadColorado town holds vigil for stunning elk shot by police officer.

Bruce_wayneThe real Batman. RoadA Bruce Wayne morph of Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale.

RoadJames Franco makes a Justin Bieber video.

RoadMary J Blige talks to Kevin Sessums, has message for those who say gay marriage is incompatible with her born-again Christianity: "I would say this to those people: I’m not God. God said not to judge anyone lest you be judged. That’s it. Who am I to point my finger? You’ve got to walk in love. To say you do not want people to be happy is so mean, so not me."

RoadFive things Chuck Hagel should do for gay troops.

RoadWhat Would Ryan Lochte Do? Olympic swimmer gets E! reality series. "The series will 'feature the swimmer partying and training as he prepares for the 2016 Rio Olympics while building his fashion line, making media appearances, dealing with his close-knit and outspoken family and friends and looking for the right girl,' according to Deadline."

RoadBlue Umbrella: Disney/Pixar releases a clip from their new short film.

RoadThe AP is now selling its tweets.

WinehouseRoadSecond coroner confirms Amy Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning.

RoadWant of the week: "Controlled by a keyboard or tablet computer, a digital globe can toggle between familiar, static images, like the world’s political boundaries, topography or vegetation. It can animate complex phenomena, like the formation of weather systems, the effect of global warming on wolverine habitats or the annual pulse of sea ice. It can display the surface of the moon, the churning azure cloudscapes of Neptune or the celestial globe — the night sky."

Road22 of Matt Dallas' hottest photos.

RoadPoachers kill family of 11 elephants in largest slaughter of its kind in Kenya: "A gang of about 10 attackers hacked off the elephants' tusks in Tsavo East National Park on Saturday, officials said - the latest sign of a resurgence of mostly Asian demand for ivory jewellery and ornaments."

RoadBradley Cooper racking up the awards for Silver Linings Playbook.

RoadChelsea gets almost neighborhood-wide WiFi network from Google.

SamprasRoadK212: The 75 hottest male tennis players of the Open era.

RoadAlabama lawmaker Patricia Todd introduces bill that would repeal the inclusion of anti-gay curriculum in schools: "Under the current curriculum set by the state, teachers are required to teach that homosexuality is an unacceptable, criminal lifestyle. If passed, the legislation would put sex education programs in the hands of the state Department of Education, rather than the state government. Rep. Todd, who is the first openly gay legislator in the state, introduced a similar bill last year, but it did not pass out of committee."

RoadBette Midler returning to Broadway in John Logan's new play, I'll Eat You Last: A Chat With Sue Mengers: "Appearing on Broadway for the first time in 30 years, Tony and Grammy Award-winning superstar Bette Midler will play the legendary Hollywood agent Sue Mengers (1932-2011) in the new, one-character play."

RoadCNN covers Ashley Broadway, military spouse denied membership to Association of Bragg Officers' Spouses because she's a lesbian: "'I thought, 'Here's a chance to make some close friends who would really understand me,'' Broadway said. 'And I could get very active in events that help other families like mine. I was excited, really excited, to be a part of this group.' But the Bragg spouse club apparently didn't feel the same way. Broadway's married to Lt. Col. Heather Mack."

Comments

1. You know I just discovered Amy Winehouse today.

I never pay attention to the Grammys anymore, and in my mind no one under the age of 70 can really sing. I had heard of her and her death, but that's all I knew. I watched/heard her on YouTube today. Her talent AND VOICE were stunning. A diva dead at age 27. That's sad.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 8, 2013 4:21:24 PM

2. The Chinese are the biggest market for elephant tusks. Those tusks aren't just for ornamental purposes. As with Rhino horns, Chinese men believe that grinding elephant tusks into powder and consuming the powder will make them more virile, more masculine and their penises will grow larger.

If we continue to permit the Chinese to illicitly fund these poachers and illicitly import on a well-connected black market ivory products, elephants will be extinct in the wild in about ten years.

We must protest vehemently and vigorously this delusional sexual pathology of the Chinese and stop this poaching of elephants and rhinos once and for all.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 8, 2013 4:23:59 PM

3. So many hot tennis players. I found out I've been watching lots of tennis and had many hot favorites, like Safin, Moya, Sampras, Verdasco, Ferrero, Hewitt among others. Not all of them were best players, but easy to look and from very early age I found their voice in the field "interesting" before I knew what erotic meant.
    Another day, another Franco bro, I don't always understand what he does, but I like he does his things. Keep up working James.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 8, 2013 4:59:52 PM

4. We don't need to wait on Chuck Hagel to do those "Five Things" for gays in the military. The man who he's replacing, Leon Panetta, could still do them just as he could have done them a year and a half ago—as he was asked to do by SLDN in 2011. The REAL problem—however inexplicable—is that President & Commander-in-Chief Obama won't ORDER them done—as HE was asked to do by SLDN in February 2011 and HRC in January 2011.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jan 8, 2013 5:02:35 PM

5. We don't need to wait on Chuck Hagel to do those "Five Things" for gays in the military. The man who he's replacing, Leon Panetta, could still do them just as he could have done them a year and a half ago—as he was asked to do by SLDN in 2011. The REAL problem—however inexplicable—is that President & Commander-in-Chief Obama won't ORDER them done—as HE was asked to do by SLDN in February 2011 and HRC in January 2011.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jan 8, 2013 5:02:35 PM

6. She was amazing, Derrick. But I still don't understand the need to revisit the first coroner's report. When someone 27 dies and has a long history of alcohol and drug abuse, it's a pretty safe bet what killed them.

Countries other than China also like ivory.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 8, 2013 5:09:22 PM

7. Great Chelsea gets neighborhood wide WIFI, which means better GPS...and messages on Grindr..."Sorry 2500 ft is too far away"

Posted by: Qj201 | Jan 8, 2013 5:59:20 PM

8. When is James Franco going to marry me?

Posted by: Marky | Jan 8, 2013 6:58:19 PM

9. My pick for the hottest tennis players ever, in the following order: #1 Raphael Nadal, #2 Marat Safin, #3 Feliciano Lopez !!!

Posted by: andrew | Jan 8, 2013 10:53:03 PM

10. James is just having fun..good for him.
    But Beiber....so forgettable, just like everything that the Jonas Brothers did!
    Go away, little boy.

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | Jan 9, 2013 3:09:49 AM

11. Wise words from Mary J. Blige.

Posted by: Zee | Jan 9, 2013 4:36:37 AM

12. Jamal49, your claim that all Chinese have this "delusional sexual pathology" in which they believe that ground elephant ivory makes them more virile is about as true as my claim that I fly around in a cape at night, saving people from evildoers. My dad and I are Chinese and sure as hell don't believe this nonsense, and neither do any of the other Chinese people I know, and we are as strongly against the practices of poaching and trading in black market animal products as you are.

Also, you say China is only the biggest but not the only market for these illicit products, so why not say that ALL the countries that engage in this practice ought to be vehemently condemned?

Posted by: Miao | Jan 9, 2013 11:34:51 AM