CPAC Still Won’t Let GOProud Play With The Right Wing Big Boys

Lasalviatweet

Should the gay conservative group GOProud stop trying to attend the Conservative Political Action Conference, or does their continued rejection from the annual right wing event, and executive director Jimmy LaSalvia's promotion of this rejection, help their cause?

Or do these dust-ups end up hurting their cause, serving as yet another reminder to voters that the Republican base still rejects LGBT people as a whole, even their fellow conservatives?

(Via Joe.My.God.)

Comments

1. Lymis says

Can we go with none of the above?

Their continual banging their heads against the wall of GOP homophobia does in fact point out the view of the GOP and highlights them to anyone with eyes to see – it prevents the GOP from getting away with any variation of “We’re not exclusionary, no gay people asked to join!”

But as for whether it advances the GOProud cause, which is effectively, entitlement for rich (mostly white, mostly male) A-List gay men and screw the rest of us, it doesn’t do anything to further their cause. It might help the cause of the rest of us, but far from being a prophetic voice crying in the desert, they’re a bunch of spoiled brats whining in a sandbox.

2. Francis says

I mean, yeah, it’s pathetic, but I pity these gay Republicans at this point. No-one should be excluded from a group that they feel strongly connected to because they’re gay. But eventually you can’t continue to be OK with being treated less than dirt. You have to find backbone and stop trying to be friends with people who don’t want to be friends with you.

3. Belthazar says

This is one of the best (funniest) responses I read:

CPAC: “….and the award for the most insecure quislings goes to: GOProud” (applaus)

Jimmy LaSalvia: “Thank you so much CPAC, thank you and I just want to say……You hate us! You still really hate us!!”

4. andrew says

Anyone who wants to attend a CPAC convention, unless they are media people, is by definition a WINGNUT! Did you know that the John Birch Society still exists and attends CPAC to call attention to the government conspiracy concerning floride in our water?

5. David Hearne says

All political parties are coalitions. If we are going to tar the GOP with Michelle Bachmann then the DNC has a couple of people to answer for as well. Remember the Democratic Congressman who thought that the Navy might cause Guam to tip over? You want irrational beliefs? Here are some:

The belief that giving amnesty to 12 million illegal aliens won’t amount to an open border and an environmental, economic, and cultural disaster for the US.

The belief that “Climate Change” can be “stopped” by taxing the hell out of energy at the expense of the American people and giving that money to third world countries. Global Warming religion is every bit as dangerous as Christian religion or Islamic religion. Islam wants to conquer the world and doesn’t care if our way of life is destroyed in the process, and Global Warming Theology wants to “save” the world, and doesn’t care if our way of life is destroyed in the process.

The belief that undermining the Second Amendment will stop criminals and crazies from killing people.

The belief that spending unlimited amounts of money on the least able and educable students will somehow produce a result which affirms the ridiculous belief that all people are equally able.

The belief that forcing association between the good and the bad will transform the bad into good.

6. David Hearne says

7. says

that the “David Hearne’s” of the world (read: cowardly anonymous trolls) can never man up and put a face to their comments only proves that they know themselves that they’re full of s**t.

Feel free to provide a link where you show your empowered manly gay male stance with those opinions, sugarpie.

or continue being as useful and intellectually-relevant as tits on a fish. and half as attractive.

8. says

They’re perfect little Republicans opening wide for Big Daddy, yet still their party hates them and won’t even let them in to sit at the kid’s table. As for clout, what Simon said: they have zilch.

9. David Hearne says

Ernie:

I’m not saying that we should be Republicans. I am a libertarian nationalist and have little regard for either ruling party. I am pointing out that gay people served the Democratic Party without respect or accommodation for a very long time before getting encouragement from leadership. Along the way we were ignored, dismissed, or abused by Democratic Catholics, Democratic Blacks, Democratic Whites, and even Democratic Feminists.

I am saying that objectivity it always called for.

10. andrew says

A libertarian is someone who pretends to be a rugged individualist while all the while taking advantage of all the collectivists programs and benefits a liberal democracy offers.

11. Geoff says

GOPROUD? They have absolutely nothing to be proud about! CPAC doesn’t want ’em an’ we don’t want ’em either! I guess they have each other, but that’s precious-little consolation…as they probably hate each other too.

12. billlmiller says

Most of us oldsters were raised to hate ourselves; you younger people need to run as far away from this crap as you can!! Why do we need to hate ourselves when closet cases like phelps and the moronic republican’ts insist of doing it for/to us?

13. noteasilyoffended says

When will GOProud learn that the Republican Party they seem to connect with does not exist any longer? The party of Abraham Lincoln is dead or dying and being overtaken by the tea party. These are not two parties. The Tea party IS the Republican party. So, get a clue! And realize you are fighting a battle on a losing team. You can be conservative and not be a Republican. Lots of Independents and Libertarians do it. If the conservative gays want to continue to hit their heads against a wall, let them. Just stop writing about it so that I have to be reminded about it. Stupidity makes me crazy. It’s like a bunch of spoiled kids kicking and screaming because they aren’t getting something they want….acceptance. Well, it ain’t gonna happen GOProud. So stop wasting time and all too precious resources and get a new plan. This one ain’t workin’ and it never will in this current political environment.

14. noteasilyoffended says

@ David Hearne: The 12-million “aliens” have beem here for a very long time. They mostly do the work that lazy and entitled Americans will not do. Let see you wash dishes in a hot kitchen all day or night. Let’s see you hand-pick strawberries in the 98-degree California sun for minimum wage less. You wouldn’t last a day.

Climate change is real. Science has shown that. And if you believe in that car you drive or the nuclear bombs you cherish, you believe in science. You can’t pick and choose with science or math you want to believe in. They are constant. Math cannot and does not lie. Regulations that are in place and created are there not to tax the hell out of a company. They are there to force a company to operate in the responsible manner they should were they not only concerned about the corporate profits and what those profits actually cost the American people.

NO ONE- I repeat-NO ONE can legislate “good” or “bad”. The Republican Party has been trying to do that for years. (Note DOMA). Your words are hollow and disappointing. Life is going to progress, David. It’s the way of the world. Your life in years to come will not be as it is now, just as your life today is very different from years ago. You can decide to progress or not, but the world will move forward with or without you.

15. David Hearne says

noteasilyoffended

“The 12-million “aliens””

There is no need for quotation marks. They are by definition illegal aliens.

“have beem here for a very long time.”

Irrelevant.

“They mostly do the work that lazy and entitled Americans will not do.”

Shibboleth. They do work that Americans have done for centuries. Get rid of the illegals, get rid of most welfare, and the wages will rise to meet staffing needs.

“Let see you wash dishes in a hot kitchen all day or night.”

I’ve done that. I washed dishes at a gay restaurant while I was in college.

” Let’s see you hand-pick strawberries in the 98-degree California sun for minimum wage less. You wouldn’t last a day.”

Strawberries are a winter crop in Florida. Too much heat and sun kills the little dears. The reasons that agribusiness use illegals is because they are illegal If you make them legal, then welfare and labor laws will conspire to neutralize that labor segment. It’s too complicated to discuss at length in here, but you clearly do not understand the dynamics.

“Climate change is real. Science has shown that.”

Climate does indeed change. Science has indeed shown that. Climate Change (two capitals designating a proper noun) is bunk; science has shown that.

” Regulations that are in place and created are there not to tax the hell out of a company. ”

You clearly were not paying attention, or else you were chanting with your buds at DU at the time. Google ye this: ” Who Pays for Cap and Trade?”

“Say it again—- NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE YOUR PRECIOUS GUNS FROM YOU, even if they are assault rifles. Get over this lame and wrong assumption. You are being lied to.”

I am being lied to… by you and your ilk. Biden, Feinstein, and Shumer are all on record for wanting all out gun bans.

“Your take on education is just appalling and arrogant. Your words are entitled and prejudiced. The real strength of a society is how the society can use the talents of each member to make the whole stronger. Everyone has something to contribute.”

My take on education is that anyone with any sense would never send their child to a public school. We paid schools taxes and then paid tuition so that our children wouldn’t have to be put in a classroom with kids who can’t or won’t learn and won’t allow anyone else to. Both of my sisters worked as school teachers at one time, and neither would do it again. I don’t think you actually have a clue what public school classrooms are like these days and under the shackles of ridiculous laws and court rulings. We ended up homeschooling the last one because even the Quaker school had gone of its rails.

” Your life in years to come will not be as it is now, just as your life today is very different from years ago. You can decide to progress or not, but the world will move forward with or without you.”

All change is not progress. Progress requires selectivity and people like you call merit assessment oppression.

16. noteasilyoffended says

David, I understand very much of this conversation, thank you very much. I understand that your words make you appear a person who is struggling to hold on to an America that no longer exists. There is much assumption and inaccuracy in your statements. Are you gay? Are you a registered Republican? Your words give me the thought that you are a registered Republican, straight, male, 50-60, white, living in Florida, married with children, registered NRA member.

17. noteasilyoffended says

18. says

stop feeding Hearne the Troll – it’s one more sock-puppet alias for this site’s resident coward.

See? He’s angry at “feminists”….riiiiiight… sound familiar?

Show yourself, “Hearne” – bet ya can’t. Chump 😀

19. jamal49 says

So, once again, the Go Proud Girls have been humiliated by their Republican masters. Yet, they still clamour to be let in to the Republican club? Talk about masochists! GoProudGirls, I’d suggest maybe signing up for the next White Party in Palm Springs or another Gay Cruise to Nowhere. Those are more your speed.

20. David Hearne says

@ Andrew

I didn’t say that I am a Libertarian. I said that I am a libertarian nationalist. I’m actually a fascist but I thought you would be too stupid and incapable of differentiating between a Nazi and a fascist.

21. David Hearne says

@ Andrew

22. David Hearne says

@ notgiventofacts

” I understand that your words make you appear a person who is struggling to hold on to an America that no longer exists.”

How tiresome. Let’s see if you bother with anything factual or objective.

“There is much assumption and inaccuracy in your statements. ”

Nope

“Are you gay?

Yep.

” Are you a registered Republican?

Nope

” Your words give me the thought that you are a registered Republican, straight, male, 50-60, white, living in Florida, married with children, registered NRA member.”

no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no/yes (uncle not father), yes

Now that we have that out of the way. Did you intend to contribute anything or simply to whine?

23. David Hearne says

Feminists without guns are the problem because everyone knows a masculine patriot is nothing without a gun.

Posted by: David Hearne | Feb 17, 2013 2:12:41 PM

Kiwi, seriously?

24. David Hearne says

Sorry, I mistakenly blamed Kiwi for that when in reality it was my other alter-egos coming out to play. I’m completely messed up, you see, and post under various aliases because none of my sockpuppets have the spines to post things from a place of visibility.

So, no, Kiwi, I will not be proving any URL or proof of who I am, as your queeny screeching demands. But I will continue to post tripe under various names and then pretend it’s not because I’m a complete coward. Also, I may get confused as to which personality I’m adopting at any given moment.

I’m like Sybil, only I didn’t win an Emmy for my crazy.

25. David Hearne says

For your information, Kiwi, I need to own guns because my entire family would shoot me if given the opportunity. Of course you’re too selfish to understand how hard it is for us old white conservatives.

26. David Hearne says

Also, feminists are to blame because feminists make gay men look like they’re effeminate and I hate that because I’m crotchety and haven’t been laid since my beloved country was forced to Integrate.

27. FFS says

Two shining examples of how mental health issues goes woefully unaddressed under the American Healthcare system.

One in the article, the other in the comments.

28. David Hearne says

DC Arnold

They think they can bring about change. It’s like gay activism: some people move to SF or DC to be “activists” which is of course carrying coals to Newcastle. Others actually stand their ground in Alabama and Mississippi and effect real change without all the applause.

Again, did the Democratic Party support gay rights for the first 75 years of the Gay Rights Movement? Would you have condemned the gay activists who were ignored, shunned, and opposed for decades in the Democratic Party? Should they have packed it up and left? Where would we be if they had?

Something you may not know about the Republican Party is that it’s very much like the Democratic Party. The people who run it aren’t really concerned with doing what’s right- they are concerned with winning. The far left enjoyed some considerable power in the last two elections; the backlash is going to be considerable. Why? Because the “progressives” don’t represent mainstream values, social, cultural, or economic. They are ideological parasites who will kill the host rather than face reality.

It’s the same in the GOP. The abortion/gay issues voters are a small but loud minority. The party panders to them because they are the ones who do the stoop labor of the party. Your average Republican that I call beach-republicans, don’t give a damn about abortion and have no problem with gay rights but they aren’t going to support the Democratic Party because of all the unconstitutional baggage and BS that the Progressives have loaded onto it.

29. jamal49 says

@NOTEASILYOFFENDED: Thanks for taking on the Hearne troll. He spouts like a broken sewer pipe with ill-informed conjectures and FOX-toids and never provides anything to back up his commentary. To be that cranky all the time must be a miserable experience.

30. mmike1969 says

And this surprises anyone because?

And this surprises gay repukes because??? Really? This is your party of ignorance and hate. You are welcome to it because people like YOU created it.

31. mmike1969 says

And this surprises anyone because?

32. mmike1969 says

And this surprises anyone because?