Discrimination | Indiana | News

'Billy Madison' Principal Gives Bigoted Indiana Special Ed. Teacher the Sermon She Deserves: VIDEO

Medleymadison

Diana Medley, the Special Ed. teacher at Sullivan High School in Indiana, has been all over the news for her remarks about gays and her support of students who want a prom that is heterosexual only.

What Medley to WTWO:

Diana Medley is a special education teacher in town. She doesn't believe anyone is born gay. "I believe that it was life circumstances and they chose to be that way; God created everyone equal," said Medley.

"Homosexual students come to me with their problems, and I don't agree with them, but I care about them. It's the same thing with my special needs kids, I think God puts everyone in our lives for a reason," said Madley.
"So the same goes for gays? Do you think they have a purpose in life?"

"No I honestly don't. Sorry, but I don't. I don't understand it. A gay person isn't going to come up and make some change unless it's to realize that it was a choice and they're choosing God," said Medley.

Now, the principal from Billy Madison, played by longtime SNL writer James Downey, has something to say to her in this mash-up.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. Love this!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Feb 12, 2013 8:15:03 PM

2. Perfect

Posted by: Steve | Feb 12, 2013 8:25:15 PM

3. So funny. And sadly so very true...

Posted by: DeeperStill | Feb 12, 2013 8:31:23 PM

4. The principal part was silly. But what I don't understand in her argument is why the "choice" is between being gay or god. If its really a choice, why can't it just be a choice? It really limits the audience for her argument.

Posted by: Alan | Feb 12, 2013 8:38:31 PM

5. she's not a Special Ed. teacher at Sullivan High School, she teaches at a different school but butts in anyway

Posted by: Reality | Feb 12, 2013 8:47:49 PM

6. Oh please, please PLEASE let this go viral.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 12, 2013 9:04:00 PM

7. Did Ms. Medley choose to be straight or was she tempted by some fine lesbi puss at some point in time?

Did she warm up her tongue, or just think about it?

Posted by: bkmn | Feb 12, 2013 9:12:56 PM

8. I don't get it :( Who's this guy?

Posted by: zeddy | Feb 12, 2013 9:13:02 PM

9. I wish that towleroad had reaction buttons like buzzfeed does. WTF, LOL, etc... but with a gay skew.

Posted by: CR | Feb 12, 2013 9:14:23 PM

10. How absurd to say that gays have no purpose in life! The gay physician who helps probably thousands of patients over a lifetime has no purpose? My gay friend who is one of the best Good Samaritans I've ever seen has no purpose? I hardly know whether to just call it absurd or add arrogant. Neither she nor her students deserve a heterosexual prom, but I can't imagine that any LGBT kids would want to associate with them after their awful behavior.

Posted by: Mary Morrison | Feb 12, 2013 10:30:44 PM

11. Like all fanatics, she has serious mental health issues.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 12, 2013 10:51:48 PM

12. This is what religion does to your brain! STAY AWAY!

Posted by: klien | Feb 12, 2013 11:53:46 PM

13. Am I supposed to be surprised? I'm far more surprised when I meet rational Christians who are heterosexual and don't have privilege bursting out of them. Sad as that may be, it's true.

Posted by: Mike J. | Feb 12, 2013 11:54:27 PM

14. To gay teens and gay students. Be proud of who you are. There's not only nothing wrong with you, but being gay is infinitely better than being generic and heterosexual. We're more gifted, cultural, talented, artistic as a community and frankly have an amazing history. Proud to be gay myself, and coming out was the most liberating thing I've done.

Posted by: Observer | Feb 12, 2013 11:56:02 PM

15. Another HATERosexual. So miserable in her own life, she's resentful that many gays have blossoming lives, happiness, sex lives, and love. I'd wager her own marriage is in trouble.

Posted by: J. Franklin | Feb 12, 2013 11:56:52 PM

16. Gay leaders and organizers around that area, should organize the most incredible and wild gay friendly prom ever. Get sponsors, and even reach out to celebs and famous artists to see if any would be willing to perform live. It would be huge, epic, gay and fab! I hope this totally happens and makes the vanilla hetero prom look stale.

Posted by: Duration & Convexity | Feb 12, 2013 11:58:33 PM

17. This woman has special needs of her own!

Posted by: LOL | Feb 13, 2013 12:04:03 AM

18. Why does Towleroad search far and wide to find every anti gay person on the planet to give attention too??? Try giving more attention to positive stories. And mabye stop censoring opinions you don't like!!!!

Posted by: andrew | Feb 13, 2013 12:05:24 AM

19. @Observer...yes, yes and yes again !

Posted by: PAUL B. | Feb 13, 2013 12:25:05 AM

20. I second that, OBSERVER. We know who we are!

Posted by: nikko | Feb 13, 2013 12:58:27 AM

21. According to God, she shouldn't be teaching...

1 Timothy 2
    11-15
    Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing.

Posted by: CB | Feb 13, 2013 2:41:41 AM

22. Wait, she wants to codify her irrational thought process in terms of absolutes? Okay. If we are all "born equal" - and by this I posit she as a religious zealot actually means "conceived equal" - then she must believe that human zygotes consciously choose to have Down Syndrome immediately after the first in utero mitotic division - the exact point when Trisomy 21 presents itself. That logic should be enough to get her pulled from her position as a "special ed teacher". This is why people really shouldn't espouse their ignorance emphatically.

Posted by: Bollux | Feb 13, 2013 4:59:35 AM

23. @ Andrew-
    F-ck off and stop telling the LGBT community to be as apologetic, passive, and complacent as you are in terms of combating homophobia. You are the board idiot, in every sense of the word. Go away.

Posted by: Carlos | Feb 13, 2013 6:20:12 AM

24. Religion will do INSANE things to your brain. Trust me. Religion is like being bit by a zombie. Once you get brainwashed, there's no turning back.

Posted by: KoolKid | Feb 13, 2013 6:23:11 AM

25. Being gay isn't a choice, but being religious is. Quit choosing to be a fuckstick and the world will be a better place.

Posted by: yuninv | Feb 13, 2013 8:06:20 AM