Catholic Church | News | Pope Benedict | Vatican

BigGayDeal.com

Pope Makes Final Public Appearance, Speaks English: VIDEO

Final_pope

Pope Benedict gave a final address in St. Peter's Square today after resigning amid sexual abuse controversy and talk of gays in the Vatican.

Said the Pope: "I am also deeply grateful for the understanding, support and prayers of so many of you, not only here in Rome, but also throughout the world. The decision I have made, after much prayer, is the fruit of a serene trust in God's will and a deep love of Christ's Church. I will continue to accompany the Church with my prayers, and I ask each of you to pray for me and for the new Pope..."

He'll surely need it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Good riddance!!! Don't let the door hit you!

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Feb 27, 2013 9:25:14 AM

2. Why do people wave the American flag at EVERY opportunity? It's a bit gauche really. Totally inappropriate. Rah rah rah USA USA! Idiotic.

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 27, 2013 9:44:42 AM

3. Worst fitting jacket ever.

Posted by: BobN | Feb 27, 2013 9:55:11 AM

4. It doesn't matter what language he speaks, the Church still won't give the world any straight talk about sexual issues.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 27, 2013 10:03:11 AM

5. This man makes me wish I believed in hell, because if it was real I'm sure there'd be a toasty spot reserved with his name on it.

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Feb 27, 2013 10:06:25 AM

6. What a piece of s##t. He needs to be arrested and thrown in jail. Like Mark said above me - I wish there was a Hell for him to go to. He'd surely burn for eternity. What an evil, sinister, little troll of a man.

Posted by: Justin | Feb 27, 2013 10:35:00 AM

7. We can't miss you, if you won't leave already!

Posted by: Pete N SFO | Feb 27, 2013 10:43:12 AM

8. I won't pray for it because I don't believe in sky fairies, but I will wish upon a star that the next pope is the last pope, and that he has a very short reign.

Posted by: candideinnc | Feb 27, 2013 10:50:57 AM

9. See you later, you withered old child rapist enabler.

Posted by: Firestorm | Feb 27, 2013 3:02:05 PM

10. wonder how many orphans that gold ring could feed.

Posted by: aj | Feb 27, 2013 8:13:40 PM

11. Why is this being posted on Towleroad? It has no relevance except that he's finally gone. And the next pope? just a new clown and the same silliness. Can't we move on???????????

Posted by: TomR | Feb 27, 2013 8:35:07 PM

12. I wonder why he is really resigning? He was the number one man of the previous pope, JP II, and that guy was bent over and drooling on his speeches and he didn't quit. There has got to be some reason the world is not being told.

Posted by: andrew | Feb 27, 2013 10:15:04 PM