James Franco | Jimmy Kimmel | News

James Franco Shows Jimmy Kimmel His 'Gay Town' Portraits of Speedo-Clad Water Polo Players: VIDEO

D_franco

James Franco appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last night. After landing outside in a hot air balloon a la The Wizard of Oz, Franco showed off some of the art in his Gay Town show, without answering Kimmel's question about why the show is called Gay Town — although the pictures he shows off are part of the answer.

Watch (in three parts), AFTER THE JUMP...

Art_franco

Comments

1. What?? Instead of the 3-part interview with Franco you've posted 3 links to part 2 of an interview with Nigella Lawson

Posted by: TJ Parker | Feb 14, 2013 8:43:53 AM

2. I am getting sick and tired of Franco. He's a stereotype-pusher. Stop giving him publicity.

Posted by: sam | Feb 14, 2013 9:04:26 AM

3. James Franco went to Paly?

Posted by: chasmader | Feb 14, 2013 10:16:40 AM

4. Franco's kinda fun with his bizarre fascination with gay men, as if he loves to hang out with guys but just doesn't want to be kissed by one. He's a pu@@y in disguise whose beard is himself.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 14, 2013 11:00:10 AM

5. Lovely guy. Not tired of him at all.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 14, 2013 11:07:55 AM

6. @Sam I too am tired of Franco and his need to explore everything gay (or at least what he thinks is everything) in his work and talk about it, letting us know how cool he is for doing so. There is something controlling in his pretend or wannabe posturing. It is like he wants to show everyone gay stuff and talk about things in a gay way ("When it comes to deep-throating, I'm a natural") rather than let gay people themselves represent gay culture and their own lives. It reminds me of some white people I knew whose admiration for black culture in various forms turned into an all-out effort to be black -- to be a pretend or wannabe black. (This is not to say that all or even most whites who admire black culture are wannabe blacks. Ditto for straight people who particularly admire and like gay people.)

Maybe Franco bugs me not just for his gay obsession. As Lena Dunham said in response to his swipe at her show Girls: "I think someone told James Franco that it’s his duty to have an opinion on everything that happens in culture."

Posted by: MichaelJ | Feb 14, 2013 11:28:47 AM

7. @Sam I too am tired of Franco and his need to explore everything gay (or at least what he thinks is everything) in his work and talk about it, letting us know how cool he is for doing so. There is something controlling in his pretend or wannabe posturing. It is like he wants to show everyone gay stuff and talk about things in a gay way ("When it comes to deep-throating, I'm a natural") rather than let gay people themselves represent gay culture and their own lives. It reminds me of some white people I knew whose admiration for black culture in various forms turned into an all-out effort to be black -- to be a pretend or wannabe black. (This is not to say that all or even most whites who admire black culture are wannabe blacks. Ditto for straight people who particularly admire and like gay people.)

Posted by: MichaelJ | Feb 14, 2013 11:28:48 AM

8. I love Nigella! Happy for the mistake...

Posted by: jj | Feb 14, 2013 12:24:39 PM

9. This guy's schtick got old a long time ago. So sick of him and that sh1t-eating grin.

Posted by: Sergio | Feb 14, 2013 4:11:38 PM

10. hes adorable,how can u dislike a smart artsy guy who works w his lovable granny. guess its cuz hes not a hunky blonde on the WB

Posted by: wtvr | Feb 14, 2013 9:28:37 PM

11. I cannot get enough of James Franco. I love that guy. Please don't stop giving us the updates.

Posted by: Anthony | Mar 3, 2013 1:24:38 PM