Macklemore | Music | News | Ryan Lewis | Sports | You Can Play Project

BigGayDeal.com

Macklemore Speaks Out Against Homophobia in Music, Sports: VIDEO

Macklemore

The 'You Can Play' project, which fights homophobia in sports, celebrates its one-year anniversary next week. Today, they've got a new video out from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

Given the semantics of the organization's name, the message fits nicely in the music world too.

"You know someone who’s gay, they just haven’t told you yet," says Macklemore in the clip, adding, "Don’t let being gay hold you back, and if you’re straight, do not hold others back...Anti-gay language has no place in sports, or music."

Check out Macklemore's message, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I am in love with Macklemore! And his album is full of potential hits... Lots of positives on him I see...
    =)

Posted by: George F | Feb 27, 2013 9:40:07 AM

2. Love this guy! Where it used to be hip to hate, he's done so much to turn that right around. I wish him/them much continued success!

Posted by: castaway | Feb 27, 2013 1:26:30 PM

3. Love his album! He's great

Posted by: reality | Feb 27, 2013 2:07:47 PM

4. Fantastic man and human being! I have his CD and I'm wearing it out. Love his music and I'm the one who hated rap! Go Mack, keep it up, all the way to the top!

Posted by: John Simpson | Feb 27, 2013 4:14:06 PM

5. That was very well said.

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 27, 2013 6:01:34 PM

6. You know, I'm usually not a fan of hip hop mainly because of it's overdone machismo and clear lack of conscience on socially charged issues, but Macklemore is seriously turning me into a believer. Much love to Mack and Ryan Lewis :D. I hope the entire queer community rallies around them and brings them much success for years to come in return for their bravery in standing up for what's right.

Posted by: ble.d_out.color | Feb 27, 2013 6:25:42 PM