Marco Rubio | News

Senator Marco Rubio is Very, Very Thirsty: VIDEO

SOTUNC1050

Marco Rubio delivered the Republican response to the State of the Union address this evening, with a very, very, very dry mouth.

Watch the disaster go down, AFTER THE JUMP...

And the full Monty:

Comments

1. Icarus got thirsty, too.

Posted by: Gus | Feb 13, 2013 4:11:30 AM

2. @ Andrew
    shut up and go back to pretending like homophobia doesn't exist- as you do in every thread. all while staunchly defending homophobes, and resenting the fact that the gay community has a back bone,is galvanized and is PROUD to be working for our rights & respect. Know what you're up against you old bitter fool.

Posted by: J.J | Feb 13, 2013 4:14:18 AM

3. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marquita the stuffed teddy bear seemed to choke on some of her own sawdust, as she spit out the crap that her owners told her to recite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Words that one actually believes come out more naturally.

Posted by: Bob | Feb 13, 2013 4:25:21 AM

4. Nat is spot on. Instead of a political critique against the right-wing, we get these mediocre attacks on their showmanship.

Posted by: gwynethcornrow | Feb 13, 2013 4:46:25 AM

5. He is plastic and untrustworthy. He is like a politician made in Hollywood - he doesn't look real.

Posted by: Icebloo | Feb 13, 2013 5:53:43 AM

6. His ears are too big for his head. That scares me.

Posted by: Icebloo | Feb 13, 2013 5:55:53 AM

7. Man, that is an SNL skit that just wrote itself.

Posted by: Scribe | Feb 13, 2013 6:05:24 AM

8. @JJ: "Why is it this guy bothers me more than any other politician?"

Maybe because you haven't seen Ted Cruz yet?

Posted by: Abogado Avocado | Feb 13, 2013 6:30:34 AM

9. He was raised a Mormon then converted to Catholicism to further his career with his base. So, the crazy runs deep with this one.

Posted by: Arrant | Feb 13, 2013 7:59:15 AM

10. Thank goodness his 15 minutes are up. Talk about peaking too soon...

Posted by: RWG | Feb 13, 2013 9:29:10 AM

11. I don't know. I try to figure out how the masses might see this. I don't think it was good for the republicans, aside from the lip-smacking and SNL skit-quality water bottle perched just far enough away to laugh about it. If I were him, I would've kept the bottle in my hand and continued to drink from it. Be natural.

But his line, "I'm not trying to protect the rich, I'm trying to protect my neighbors." Doesn't ring true. I thought, and I believe many people would think, "yeah, but you're a republican."

When it comes down to it, essentially republicans only try to protect corporations.

Posted by: Ken | Feb 13, 2013 9:44:23 AM

12. Rubio's future in the GOP isn't the sure thing that they're wishing for. As long that the tea party is pulling the strings there will be no latino carrying their torch. The only thing the baggers dislike (and fear) more than a black President is the possibility of a latino President. After all the latinos are a bigger threat to their supposed white majority than the African-Americans.

Posted by: ThomT | Feb 13, 2013 9:44:27 AM

13. What he was saying was actually (for Republicans) a good response. But it will only be remembered for the once again bizarre performance (aside from the water) and then of course the sneaky water dash itself.

Maybe they're going for the pity vote.

Posted by: Randy | Feb 13, 2013 10:20:46 AM

14. If there wasn't twenty gazillion cubans in south florida, rubio would be doing landscape work.

Posted by: mike ramon | Feb 13, 2013 10:31:49 AM

15. Marco Rubio sucked, but at least he swallowed.

Posted by: Dawson James | Feb 13, 2013 11:04:55 AM

16. That was bizarre. Why didn't they at least put it in a glass on a lectern in front of him, rather than out of reach in a bottle?

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 13, 2013 11:42:59 AM