BigGayDeal.com

News: Singapore, Tim Tebow, Sarah Schulman, Brahim Zaibat

RoadFreedom to Marry: 14 couples share photos of their first day being married.

SchulmanRoadAuthor Sarah Schulman barred from reading at the New York Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center because book deals with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

RoadBrangelina launching their own brand of rosé.

RoadVatican: Pope hit his head during trip to Mexico. "Italy's La Stampa newspaper reported Thursday that Benedict hit his head and bled when he got up in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar bedroom in Leon, Mexico. The report said blood stained his hair and sheets."

RoadRetired French Roman Catholic priest goes both ways on same-sex marriage.

RoadBelarus Justice Ministry rejects registration of LGBT rights organization.

RoadSingapore gay couple seeks decriminalization of gay sex. "Peter Low and Choo Zheng Xi, the lawyers representing Lim and Chee, said the couple hopes to have the law banning gay sex declared unconstitutional. Singapore law criminalizes sex between mutually consenting adult men, and offenders can be jailed for up to two years."

RoadVIDEO: Britney Spears, Will.i.am, Diddy, Lil' Wayne, Waka Flocka, and Hit Boy in the Scream & Shout remix video.

ZaibatRoadMadonna boytoy Brahim Zaibat for Vman.

RoadTim Tebow to address anti-gay Texas megachurch. "While Tim Tebow is struggling to find an NFL team that is willing to sign him, he is apparently having no problem booking speaking gigs as the Jets’ backup quarterback is scheduled to address a Texas megachurch whose pastor is notorious for extremist statements about Roman Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, gays and lesbians and President Obama."

RoadGLAAD hits CBS show Mike & Molly for anti-trans "shemale" jokes: "What's worse, in this instance, it's the show's main character that is making the jokes.  Rather than coming from a secondary character the audience already recognizes as ignorant and bigoted (such as Joyce's boyfriend Vince), in this case it's Mike himself."

RoadFootballer Colin Kazim-Richards seen hurling homophobic insults at fans. Officials: “We will be investigating this fully and will be taking statements and looking through camera footage. Whether you are on the pitch or in the stands, Sussex Police takes any allegations of homophobic language or gestures seriously.”

RoadALERT: Miss Piggy getting married.

RoadRyan Gosling goes out for lunch, looks hot while doing so.

CarmoucheRoadOut MMA Liz Carmouche to fight for first UFC women's title. "Four days after her birthday, she will make history as she fights for the bantamweight (135 pounds) title in the first female mixed martial arts match in UFC history."

RoadBill Cunningham's big gay heart.

RoadNOM's Jennifer Roback Morse claims anti-discrimination laws promote the gay agenda: "Once a person is in the workplace, then they use their position of authority to steer the whole organization towards the larger objectives of the gay lobby which is not limited to making their company and their employer as successful as possible in the marketplace. You know?"

RoadCopper Hills High School says gay students can receive singing Valentines after issuing fliers reading "Sorry, no same-sex delivery."

RoadRep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS): 70% of Americans oppose marriage equality and Obama wants to destroy the family. "This President has a radical social agenda and the media will probably give him a pass when instead of talking about the fact that mom and dad don’t have a job we’re going to talk about how to destroy the family and replace it with his view of a radical new social agenda."

Comments

1. Madonna cracks me up. But sometimes she does have a good eye for dudes.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 14, 2013 5:00:48 PM

2. Well, I wonder if I was worth a quarter of a billion dollars could I get me a beautiful boytoy like Brahim Zaibot. That Madonna's a lucky old bit...I mean, gal.

'Course I'm not saying the boy doesn't actually love her for the brilliant and accomplanished woman she is. No, I'm not saying that.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 14, 2013 5:01:16 PM

3. Tell me that's not a picture of Chris Brown.

Posted by: Jake | Feb 14, 2013 5:09:03 PM

4. I love shemale jokes. If it pisses off the homophobic trans activists, that's even better. GLAAD can go to hell. Can't wait for that useless org to go under.

Posted by: Tom | Feb 14, 2013 5:23:56 PM

5. Scream and Shout? More like death rattle. If that was music, music is dead.

Posted by: Randy | Feb 14, 2013 5:25:24 PM

6. It wasn't until now that I realized Tim Tebow got exactly what he deserved by being ousted from the NFL w/in a season.

He's a homosexual man aligning himself with other closeted homosexuals.

Posted by: Michael | Feb 14, 2013 5:42:17 PM

7. Homophobic trans activists?

Face, meet palm. Palm, face.

Posted by: Mikey | Feb 14, 2013 5:43:21 PM

8. Pope hit his head. Judging from his rants since taking office, it may not be the first time.

Posted by: simon | Feb 14, 2013 6:09:05 PM

9. Kudos to Towleroad for providing such prominent coverage of the appalling censorship going on at NYC's LGBT Center right now. I hope that you will continue to cover this situation as it develops.

Posted by: 24play | Feb 14, 2013 6:16:04 PM

10. I have a question...if I got grossed out by picking up a ftm--going down and finding a vag then freaking out would i be transphobic? I prefer my cyclohexane to be in the chair position. I prefer to know what I'm getting into andi would think most other people would as well. By that measurei see nothing wrong. I get ghe claim thst gender and biology aren't the same (but they are, there's just a normal range,statistically, and outliers. Maybe being an evolutionay biologist makes me too accepting of possibilities.)

Also until glaad 'punishes' logo for rupaul they can't really say anything about shemale or tranny.

Posted by: me | Feb 14, 2013 6:38:41 PM

11. That was funny, ME. Like you could pick anyone up.

Posted by: ger | Feb 14, 2013 7:05:14 PM

12. F*ck Michael Lucas. How dare he threaten the Community Center like that. I'm so sick of his bullying form of "patriotism" which allows for no voices of dissent. That guy can rot. F*ck him.

Posted by: Lars | Feb 14, 2013 8:06:58 PM

13. @Tom: What about the vast majority of trans folks? Most of us aren't homophobic, and a majority of people who live outside of their assigned at birth gender identify as LGB. Is your hatred of a few people who identify as trans activists strong enough that you would promote ignorance and slurs against the rest of us?

Posted by: TheDrDonna | Feb 14, 2013 8:44:48 PM

14. Madonna is a mess. Why is she dating kids who are young enough to be her own ? She is sick. She needs to grow the fu#k up ! Has there ever been such a self-absorbed bit#h ?

Posted by: Icebloo | Feb 15, 2013 12:48:36 AM

15. Just HOW MANY times can Towleroad mention the "Scream and Shout" video ? REALLY. It's been reported on EVERY SINGLE DAY for a week.

The song is AWFUL, the video is AWFUL, Britney is AWFUL and I am SICK of hearing about them both.

Posted by: Icebloo | Feb 15, 2013 12:49:47 AM

16. God ICEBLOO, I'll bet you're fun to live with. You probably give your boyfriend a slap in the face to get his day going.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 15, 2013 1:20:58 AM

17. Lars...you sound jealous.

Posted by: Myackie | Feb 15, 2013 4:56:36 PM