ABBA | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog Returns: VIDEO

Agnetha

25% of the Swedish supergroup is back with a rather Saccharine new single, but you ABBA-philes may love it.

Billboard reports:

Agnetha has been working with Grammy-nominated songwriter/producer Jorgen Elofsson (Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Celine Dion and Westlife) and producer/arranger Peter Nordahl on her new album, which includes one of Agnetha first co-writes in many years. “I hadn’t written any music for a long, long time,” she says in a statement. “But I sat at the piano, and suddenly it was there.”

The statement opens with this line from Agnetha: “Never thought that I’d ever sing again. But hearing the first three songs, I just couldn’t say no!”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The guy with the mop top is easy to watch at least.

Posted by: Lars | Mar 11, 2013 9:45:18 AM

2. How wonderful to have her back!

Posted by: Andy | Mar 11, 2013 10:29:55 AM

3. I love her voice. Had big crush on her during Abba years. There is something special in her voice. I am so happy she recorded again! Thank you Agnetha.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 11, 2013 10:51:35 AM

4. Bland, yes.

Having said that, I don't think it's accurate to characterize ABBA's as saccharine, generally speaking, at least lyrically. A lot of their later music was marked by a bittersweet quality and touched on themes of loss and survival.

Posted by: DrewTwoFish | Mar 11, 2013 11:03:13 AM

5. Yes the song is a little ordinary but looking forward to the album "A". Agnetha herself is looking wonderful. Hope it's not another 9 years between releases. I could go another covers album too. My Colouring Book was for the most part fantastic.

Posted by: John | Mar 11, 2013 11:26:57 AM

6. Frida was my favourite, but maybe if Agnetha starts her music career, the group could... Finally... Reunite??? Fingers toes and eyes crossed at this point...

Posted by: Graphicjack | Mar 11, 2013 11:34:24 AM

7. I love it and I love her voice still sounds amazing. Nice to hear from her again.

Posted by: Bobby | Mar 11, 2013 11:46:57 AM

8. Apparently, this is the song that Agnetha wrote herself. It's okay, but hardly among her best. I'm looking forward to the song written and performed with Gary Barlow of Take That.

Posted by: Matt | Mar 11, 2013 12:29:20 PM

9. Beautiful, it's so wonderful to hear that voice again after all these years.

Posted by: Nathan Sanders | Mar 11, 2013 12:58:31 PM

10. ABBA is one of my favorite groups of all time - Agnetha's heavenly voice was one of the reasons why.

Posted by: Firestorm | Mar 11, 2013 1:42:43 PM

11. She abandoned her fans several years ago, and the news reported she said it was "because I can't speak English any more." While she was off abandoning her fans, her fans moved on. Her attitude that she can just waltz back with some formulated song and be adored again is highly problematic. She isolated herself from fans, when she could have stayed in touch via social media. She could learn from Barry Manilow.

Posted by: Anton Anderssen | Mar 11, 2013 5:20:14 PM

12. I suffered through not quite half of it before the urge to clap my hands over my ears and scream "No! Stop! Don't!" became overwhelming.

The music is indistinguishable from 10,000 other dreck pop tracks, the lyrics are something you'd find written in purple ink on the pink pages of a 11-year-old girl's diary, and engineering has freed the whispery remnant of Agnetha's voice of what little character it ever had. If she needs a hobby that badly, I hear gardening is very rewarding.

OMG, really, just stop it Mom, you're soooo, like, embarrassing me.

Posted by: Bryan | Mar 11, 2013 7:54:43 PM

13. She's releasing a different lead single in Germany, and while it's not earth-shattering, the production and vocals are miles better than this. You can hear a preview of it (it's called "The One Who Loves You Now," and no, it's not the duet with Barlow):

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER I | Mar 12, 2013 12:03:49 AM

14. I promise this will become a opening credits song for a show on the CW.I kid you not:)

Posted by: Todd | Mar 12, 2013 9:13:32 PM

15. It's exciting to see Agnetha back and putting out new material again.

It was just a couple of months ago that we paid tribute to her final recording with ABBA to date:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swbhQiD9W9c