CPAC | News

Racist CPAC Attendee Claims White People 'Systematically Disenfranchised:' VIDEO

CPACRacist

Conservative activist Scott Terry says he fell in love with his white culture while studying literature at an unnamed university. Also, he believes that the federal government is trying to "systematically disenfranchise" white people. These comments came at a CPAC panel called "Trump the Race Card: Are You Sick and Tired of Being Called a Racist and You Know You're Not One?", which was dedicated to expanding the Republican Party's reach within minority communities.

As if that's not bad enough, Terry went on to say that black slaves should have been grateful for the food and shelter their white captors provided and admonished a woman for questioning his Tea Party credentials. "I didn’t know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public," he reportedly said.

ThinkProgress offers more details:

The exchange occurred after an audience member from North Carolina, 30-year-old Scott Terry, asked whether Republicans could endorse races remaining separate but equal. After the presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, answered by referencing a letter by Frederick Douglass forgiving his former master, the audience member said "For what? For feeding him and housing him?" Several people in the audience cheered and applauded Terry’s outburst.

After the exchange, Terry muttered under his breath, "why can't we just have segregation?" noting the Constitution’s protections for freedom of association.

ThinkProgress spoke with Terry, who sported a Rick Santorum sticker and attended CPAC with a friend who wore a Confederate Flag-emblazoned t-shirt, about his views after the panel. Terry maintained that white people have been "systematically disenfranchised" by federal legislation.

When asked by ThinkProgress if he'd accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites, he said "I'd be fine with that." He also claimed that African-Americans "should be allowed to vote in Africa," and that "all the Tea Parties" were concerned with the same racial problems that he was.
At one point, a woman challenged him on the Republican Party's roots, to which Terry responded, "I didn't know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public."

Again, just as a reminder: Terry claims to base his outlandishly, shockingly racist politics on his literature degree, a degree given from an unnamed school for the study of unspecified letters. So Terry either attended KKK U, has a severe case of temporal dyslexia or is just a terrible racist, the type against whom the odds are thankfully stacked.

Watch video of Terry's outburst AFTER THE JUMP

Comments

1. Leonard -

Once again in even simpler terms:

Segregation is when the government says that blacks have to ride in the back of the bus and whites in the front.

Freedom of association is when blacks choose to sit in the back of the bus and whites choose to avoid them.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 8:00:25 AM

2. David Hearne says, 'Try to stay in the present.'

Talk to me when a State legislature start banning Caucasian studies, and I might take you seriously. And if you don't want to share a school with African-Americane, you are the person discriminating, not the people you wish to exclude.

I can't believe it is 2013 and I have to explain this. Whatever racist hate group you may be part of will not help you in the long run, nor will your resentments. Start taking pride in who you are, not who you can keep down.

Posted by: Ajai | Mar 17, 2013 10:57:01 AM

3. What a embarrassment for Towson University. Really makes me want to continue my education there. Proof the education does not end racism.

Posted by: Sean | Mar 17, 2013 11:56:29 AM

4. dear CPAC and GOP - this is why with each passing day you become more and more embarrassing and doomed.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 17, 2013 12:02:42 PM

5. You have the freedom to associate with who you want. The bigoted boy scouts freely associate with those who are neither gay or atheist. It's their constitutional right as a PRIVATE group. How the public reacts to that is a separate matter.

You do not have the right to discriminate in the public sphere. Sorry, that's in the US Constitution. Segregation is unconstitutional, immoral, and illegal. End of the story. Choose to sit wherever the heck you want to on the bus and I'll do the same. PLEASE try to stop me.

Posted by: Leonard Jones | Mar 17, 2013 1:15:06 PM

6. This man said:

Terry said, “why can’t we just have segregation?” noting the Constitution’s protections for freedom of association.

Maybe you should be breaking down the difference in simpler terms for him. Hmmm?

Posted by: Leonard Jones | Mar 17, 2013 1:20:03 PM

7. Just ask yourself one question: Does "All men created equal" apply to racial or gender minorities? If not then you're a racist. Next.

Posted by: DC Arnold | Mar 17, 2013 2:16:49 PM

8. Posted by: Ajai | Mar 17, 2013 10:57:01 AM

"David Hearne says, 'Try to stay in the present.'

I was, here referring to the article posted above where slavery is an institution being praised IN THE PRESENT."

Given the conditions of most actual African people, to say that today's black American is better off for being descended from slaves is less praise of slavery than it is a simple acknowledgement of probability. And that analysis has been put forth by some blacks as well as some whites. Not that it stops people like you from getting your panties in a knot.

"Talk to me when a State legislature start banning Caucasian studies, and I might take you seriously. "

I don't care if you take me seriously or not. You have already demonstrated a limited capacity for understanding; and that's not entirely your fault as your IQ is inherited.

No state has banned the study of people and events who are nonwhite. What they have banned is the BS which passes for education under courses “designed primarily for pupils of one ethnic group” that “advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals” or that promote “resentment toward a race or class of people.”

So now we know that you have little capacity for the truth in addition to limited capacity for understanding.

"And if you don't want to share a school with African-Americane, you are the person discriminating, not the people you wish to exclude."

If it were as simple as not wanting to attend school with people who look different then you would be correct. In reality, Blacks make schools intolerable when they exceed about 30% of the student body. That is about the concentration point at which the loud, rude, aggressive, and violent feel empowered.

"I can't believe it is 2013 and I have to explain this."

You haven't explained anything, you are simply regurgitating that which is false.

"Whatever racist hate group you may be part of will not help you in the long run, nor will your resentments. Start taking pride in who you are, not who you can keep down."

Yawn. When in doubt, call someone a racist. Who cares? I'm telling the truth and you know it. If you don't know it, then you have lived a severely sheltered life. Google "vietnamese student walk out of philadelphia high school"

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 4:29:26 PM

9. Leonard Jones -

"You do not have the right to discriminate in the public sphere. Sorry, that's in the US Constitution. Segregation is unconstitutional, immoral, and illegal. "

The Constitution provides for freedom of association. The Constitution does not prohibit discrimination by an individual or a property or business owner. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 tramples the First Amendment, and is unconstitutional.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 4:38:32 PM

10. DC Arnold -

Don't be ridiculous. All men were not "created" equal in any sense of the word. The passage refers to being before the law. All men are equal before the law. What is with you people and not being able to tell the difference between the government and private individuals?

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 4:42:19 PM

11. Kahoko-

Affirmative Action doesn't stop racism, it is racism.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 7:14:58 PM

12. Have you pathetic knee-jerk liberals have no understanding of the threat black men pose to us white people in America?

My father choked to death on the large penis of a black man and my fellow commenter ratbastard lost his father due to a perforated anus from bottoming for too many black men.

Oh, sorry, you PC liberals. "African American" men.

The worst thing about the Civil Rights Movement is that it helped start the decline of racial bigotry, and without racial bigotry my father went out and sucked a big black penis and is now DEAD.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 7:33:58 PM

13. Clearly some miserable liberal troll is posting under my name in an attempt to slander my wonderful father. My father most certainly did NOT choke to death on a black penis. He choked on the overwhelming amount of male ejaculate that flooded his throat. There's a difference.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 7:43:46 PM

14. It's always fun when Derrick and Kiwi are playing games.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 17, 2013 10:43:36 PM

15. I'd argue one definition of trolling is to completely monopolize the conversation, ie the last seven posts in a row by David Hearne.

The guy from CPAC is obviously a racist, and many in that room recognized that. And when state legislatures try to outlaw Germanic Studies, French Studies, Western (aka European) civilization, British Literature, St Patty's Day, and a whole slew of other institutions in our culture that promote and celebrate white culture, get back to me on the suppression of the white "race."

Posted by: Isaac | Mar 17, 2013 11:15:42 PM

16. Terry, Terry, Terry! You have your wish! We still have plenty of segregation in this nation! Right now! You are sooooo in luck! Come with me to Chicago, where all the murders happen in the "shady" part of town, where all those "Canadians" live. Only a hop, skip and a jump to Gary, Indiana! Certainly you have heard of Gary, murder capitol of the world, several years running. Why, gosh yes, they are filled to the brim with colored people...that's what you still call 'em, right? See folks, it's circus acts such as "Terry" which will ensure victory to the Dems in 2016. Start planning now, don't wait for the rush..LOL Actually, Terry, on behalf of Democrats who handed you your ass during the last election, thanks again for assuring us of another victory...we really could not have done it without you! Oh, one final request: could you possibly do MORE public speaking between now and the 2016 election? Thanks!

Posted by: millerbeach | Mar 18, 2013 5:33:11 AM

17. Oh, I forgot this gem: "He choked on the overwhelming amount of male ejaculate that flooded his throat." This is impossible. I can prove it. I have the documentation, and am living proof, that no amount of swallowed sperm can cause death. If anything, it makes me feel even more manly...LOL

Posted by: millerbeach | Mar 18, 2013 5:35:47 AM

18. To whom ever parodied David Herne in this discussion: THANK YOU. That silly old queen is NEVER to be taken seriously.

Silly old queen...LOL.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 18, 2013 9:31:44 AM

19. Truth is that hard to deal with, huh Derrick?

And your response to the truth is to engage in some juvenile black street "wit"?

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 18, 2013 9:54:48 AM

20. My family hates blacks only slightly more than they hate having me for a son.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 18, 2013 10:02:00 AM

21. This makes me so sad. Yes, we are fortunate enough to have the 1st Amendment that protects speech, including the comments of the ignorant and bigoted, but why in 2013 are we still having this kind of speech?!?!

If I were that woman, I'm afraid I might have slapped him.

Posted by: Emily | Mar 18, 2013 10:12:53 AM

22. What is "white culture"? My father was Scottish my mother was Slavic--both white, but completely different culturally.

Posted by: db | Mar 18, 2013 12:06:41 PM

23. Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY White country and ONLY into White countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY White country and ONLY White countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-Whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-Blacks were brought into EVERY Black country and ONLY into Black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane Black man to notice this and what kind of psycho Black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the White race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

Posted by: TheRangedMartialArtist | Apr 3, 2013 12:49:05 PM