Beyoncé | DOMA | Gay Marriage | News

Beyoncé Posts Handwritten Note Supporting Marriage Equality: PHOTO

Beyonce

Beyoncé expressed her support for marriage equaiity with a handwritten note on Instagram: "If you like it you should be able to put a ring on it. #we will unite4marriageequality!"

Comments

1. Another opportunistic "diva" who knows who her audience is and is doing what she needs to do to enhance record sales

Posted by: Rick | Mar 27, 2013 11:05:55 AM

2. FFS, our inability to accept support graciously does so much more harm than good, especially at this critical juncture. Changing minds and/or moving people from a warm-and-fuzzy belief to getting off the couch and saying something takes time. Doing so has a downside risk for public figures, whether we like it or not. I don't care how they got here, as long as they get here.

Posted by: Liam | Mar 27, 2013 11:26:46 AM

3. Or she cares about her gay fans. She's a human and she can have her own opinions. Just like any other woman.

Posted by: Not that Rob | Mar 27, 2013 11:29:13 AM

4. Sweet lass :-)

Do you know who loses when one of the most famous women in the world supports our Community and our quest for Equality? No one. Not even the cowards who need to hate women in order to win tolerance from straight male bullies.

It's all win. :)

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 27, 2013 11:30:04 AM

5. Opportunistic? meh.
    More like knowing her market and supporting her fans.
    In fact this makes me laugh because my dear friend just got married to his husband in March and in this comedy bit (http://youtu.be/8WIRSXdsz_8) about the top 10 reasons he's having a Gay Wedding, not just a wedding...

He tells the true story of his husband liking it, and putting a ring on it.

It's a short vid and worth a watch but if you're pressed for time, skip to 1:57

Posted by: Dego | Mar 27, 2013 11:34:44 AM

6. Beyonce is awesome.

Posted by: Mel Smith | Mar 27, 2013 11:38:17 AM

7. Love it! Thanks, Beyonce.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 27, 2013 11:44:16 AM

8. "Or she cares about her gay fans. She's a human and she can have her own opinions. Just like any other woman."

Yeah, and the opinion that she and other such women have of gay men is that they are fine as social accessories, entertaining playthings, and as generally supportive underlings to herself and other women, idolizing them and worshiping them.......fine as long as they don't make any real claim to being actual men who are accepted and respected by other men--as long as they don't demand such--because then they would no longer see the need to live vicariously through women.....

Posted by: Rick | Mar 27, 2013 11:49:19 AM

9. Rick, you speak for all women now? You're the authority?

Posted by: Mikey | Mar 27, 2013 11:56:41 AM

10. Rick, it is true. Beyonce does not care about you. This was for the rest of us gays. Her message was not for you; you know it and we know it, so why bother commenting Rick.

Posted by: Ant | Mar 27, 2013 12:06:10 PM

11. Poor Rick all women are not like your mommy stop projecting.Too bad she rejected you.As for B she was also the first celeb to publicly support Frank Ocean on Jay Z's website.Frank liked B's note on IG.

Posted by: Kim | Mar 27, 2013 12:20:54 PM

12. FFS, this isn't opportunistic. She's posting it now 'cause this is when the Supreme Court is deciding the case.

Posted by: LetSodomRing | Mar 27, 2013 12:22:52 PM

13. I get the feeling that people like Rick get a kick out of playing the victim, and acting like everyone is either using them or hates them. These kind of people like to see themselves as martyrs, and are probably the most self-centered people you will find. They chuck rocks at you, you complain. They support you, you still complain. Therefore, you just like complaining.

Posted by: Deee! | Mar 27, 2013 12:38:30 PM

14. I'm so masculine that I anonymous complain about women in the internet.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 27, 2013 1:13:15 PM

15. You guys are pathetic. Thank you Beyonce!

Posted by: Gabriel | Mar 27, 2013 1:21:13 PM

16. I think this is cute and classy.

Posted by: Mick | Mar 27, 2013 2:18:22 PM

17. Why does anyone respond to Rick?

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 27, 2013 3:27:33 PM

18. http://red4equality.tumblr.com/ Help me to spread the word and create a digital archive of all of these beautiful, courageous and often hilarious memes/badges. Peace.

Posted by: Chris Rico | Mar 27, 2013 3:59:18 PM

19. I hate my mother but I love her internet reception in the basement.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 27, 2013 6:36:15 PM

20. So do I, Rick. Although it's not my mother's basement anymore, now it's my basement. Mother can't come down, you see? She's very tired. She's upstairs in her rocking chair. By the window. Watching over the motel and making sure I don't act too gay.

Posted by: UFFDA | Mar 27, 2013 6:44:11 PM

21. Thank you Bey. You made my day!

Posted by: dh | Mar 28, 2013 12:56:43 AM