Cyndi Lauper | Donald Trump | News

Cyndi Lauper Rips Racist Donald Trump for Anti-Gay Remarks, Hideous Buildings, Sh*t-Stirring

Cyndi Lauper, whose new musical Kinky Boots is set to open on Broadway next month, talks to Next magazine about its development, and also her True Colors Fund, which advocates on behalf of LGBT homeless youth.

LauperShe also takes a shot at her former Apprentice "boss" Donald Trump:

"I’m not going to kiss ass with somebody like that...I felt that what he said about the gay community was disappointing because a lot of gay people work for him. It’s just sad. I thought he could have done better for his country than just go to the lowest common denominator and stir up the crap. It’s our country, it’s not wrestling. If you try and make our president fail, it doesn’t matter who he is, you make our country fail. And if you really are a patriot, if you really give a sh*t about our country, you don’t do stuff like that. First of all, you’re an entertainer, and you make ugly buildings, and you’re famous for it. And you have a reality show with very high ratings. Don’t step into the forum like that. Become educated with facts. Don’t just be a sh*t-stirrer. Our country is in trouble and he keeps wanting to make [Obama] fail. Let’s call a spade a spade. The guy’s a black man and that’s your issue? What kind of idiot are you? Come on.”

Comments

1. Cyndi, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Posted by: Bill | Mar 8, 2013 9:22:58 AM

2. Cyndi, you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Posted by: Bill | Mar 8, 2013 9:22:59 AM

3. And a letter from Don's attorney will arrive in 3... 2...

Posted by: TC | Mar 8, 2013 9:26:31 AM

4. Awesome. Too many in the entertainment industry who know better tolerate his bull and indulge him by inviting him on their shows, etc. It's a great start to the day to see one of the entertainment industry's most appealing figures having the nerve to call out one of the universe's biggest a-holes for what he is.

Posted by: Impressed | Mar 8, 2013 9:29:15 AM

5. Give 'em hell, Cindy!! You are awesome!!

Posted by: Tracy | Mar 8, 2013 9:32:46 AM

6. Kinky Boots was great. It's a hell of a fun night on Broadway; - and Stark Sands took my heart and other body parts completely under his control.

Posted by: Markt | Mar 8, 2013 9:39:07 AM

7. She tells it like it is!! You MUST read her Memoir! This woman has balls!! What she did and continue doing for the LGBT Community is amazing and deserves much more attention! Miss Lauper you are one of a kind and we love you!! THANKS FOR BEING A FRIEND CYNDI!

Posted by: Josh | Mar 8, 2013 10:10:17 AM

8. GURL! You have been my idol since I was a kid, and your music got me through adolescence. And you CONTINUE to be the best bloody ally out there.

And yes, listen to Josh. Read her memoir. I got it for Xmas, and it's superb. This lady is a gem.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 8, 2013 10:18:29 AM

9. I have always loved Cyndi, and now I simply adore her!

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 8, 2013 10:21:40 AM

10. Cyndi, you took the words right out of my mind!

Posted by: oliver | Mar 8, 2013 10:29:51 AM

11. yes! everyone in the public eye should slam that loser. he's a fungus on america's profile.

Posted by: pork | Mar 8, 2013 10:42:41 AM

12. I did'nt watch Miss Universe for the first time in years and Celebrity Apprentice has the lowest ratings ever in their history on tv.

Posted by: misael | Mar 8, 2013 11:09:37 AM

13. Bravo CYNDI

it gets crazier.....Trump is invited CPAC and Christ Christie isn't because he walked with our Black President through storm ravaged NJ areas and thanked POTUS for fed help

Posted by: Moz's | Mar 8, 2013 11:22:18 AM

14. and Trump will still attend high-profile gay weddings as a guest, while publicly opposing them. *barf*

i love his belief in Traditional marriage, though.

hey gays, wanna get traditional like Trump? simply fly the person you're cheating on your spouse with to the same vacation resort where you're spending the holidays with your family. sleep with this person behind your spouse's back. then, divorce your spouse and marry The Affair. but divorce this person before the 10 year mark, so you dont' have to give them too much money.

YAY, Tradition!!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 8, 2013 11:26:11 AM

15. She only gets more awesome!

Posted by: Walt NYC | Mar 8, 2013 11:33:24 AM

16. Absolutely LOVE her. She is someone consistently for the good of all Americans and the world. She is a major asset to the human race

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 8, 2013 11:50:14 AM

17. Absolutely LOVE her. She is someone consistently for the good of all Americans and the world. She is a major asset to the human race

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 8, 2013 11:50:16 AM

18. I've always like Cyndi Lauper's music and have great respect for her support of gay people from way back when. But I wonder why she validated Trump's ego and self-aggrandizement by agreeing to appear on Celebrity Apprentice in the first place. (Need for exposure? Money?) Trumps essential trashiness was evident long before he began his anti-gay commentary and his spinning of racially motivated anti-Obama accusations.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Mar 8, 2013 12:05:51 PM

19. michaelj, she appeared on the apprentice to raise awareness for the True Colors fund. She's always been an incredible artist. I'm really glad that she's getting the respect and adoration that she deserves. I've been a life long fan.

Posted by: seamus | Mar 8, 2013 1:19:24 PM

20. michaelj, she appeared on the apprentice to raise awareness for the True Colors fund. She's always been an incredible artist. I'm really glad that she's getting the respect and adoration that she deserves. I've been a life long fan.

Posted by: seamus | Mar 8, 2013 1:19:25 PM

21. Thanks Seamus. I hope True Colors got well-served publicty and funding boosts from the exposure.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Mar 8, 2013 2:11:51 PM

22. I love this woman.

Posted by: Chicklets | Mar 8, 2013 3:12:00 PM

23. Cyndi never ceases to be f**king awesome.

Posted by: Firestorm | Mar 8, 2013 3:54:02 PM

24. Why did she wait this long to call this pig out? Better yet, why did she go on this pig's show to begin with? Even if it was to raise money for chairty, should could have gone a different route to do that.

Posted by: Diana | Mar 8, 2013 6:49:40 PM

25. cyndi lauper rules!! The world needs more people like her! I freaking love her album "Bring Ya To The Brink"

Posted by: Josh | Mar 8, 2013 7:37:23 PM