Elton John | Hugo Chavez | Justin Timberlake | News

BigGayDeal.com

Justin Timberlake Does Elton John: VIDEO

Timberlake

Justin Timberlake kicked off his hosting gig on last night's SNL with a "Candle in the Wind" tribute to the recently departed Venezuelan president.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I've never liked Hugo Chávez and I love "SNL", but this wasn't funny at all.

Posted by: Tony Goes | Mar 10, 2013 4:23:59 PM

2. Wonder what twit at SNL talked Justin Timberlake into doing an extremely bad impersonation of gay icon Elton John singing a tribute to Hugo Chávez. Could have at least said something like he was not ALL that bad, at least he justifiably slammed that idiot George W. Bush a few times. As it was he could not have been more lame.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 10, 2013 5:36:59 PM

3. Justin Timberlake is seriously talented, very gifted, I never realised how much. That was uncannily brilliant. I bet Elton John loves it, or at least it wouldn't surprise me.

Posted by: Giselle | Mar 10, 2013 5:42:17 PM

4. Justin Timberlake = lame.

Posted by: Rise | Mar 10, 2013 6:12:05 PM

5. I'm no fan of the late authoritarian leader Hugo Chavez, but I recognize bad taste when I see it. That bit was insulting to the many, especially lower class Venezuelans, who really liked the guy.

Posted by: andrew | Mar 10, 2013 7:12:53 PM

6. Mildly amusing and enjoyable. Better than most SNL stuff.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 10, 2013 7:42:43 PM

7. Of course, it's offensive and politically incorrect. It's SNL. What do you expect?

Posted by: gr8guya | Mar 10, 2013 7:54:47 PM

8. It was absolutely awesome and true. if you don't know what I mean you don't know about Venezuela's history and I don't blame you most Americans don't. But as a Latino I can say IT WAS VERY FUNNY AND VERY TRUE. Get over it, it's just a joke. You guys are lame not Justin Timberlake. He makes millions and all you guys do is say bad stuff on line... Good job guys. Great accomplishments. Losers

Posted by: Latino Guy | Mar 10, 2013 8:32:23 PM

9. Your new single sucks, your skit is insulting and that wig looks really ugly on you.
    So, 3 strikes, go away!

Posted by: iban4yesu | Mar 10, 2013 8:47:24 PM

10. And he should learn from Cheyenne on how to cover an Elton, see below!

Posted by: iban4yesu | Mar 10, 2013 8:50:15 PM

11. I thought it was pretty damned funny. Maybe you guys didnt get the references because you were doing meth at a rave or something instead of watching the news. I dunno, but Im glad I still have my sense of humor in tact, unlike most flaming liberals.

Posted by: Frank | Mar 10, 2013 9:42:20 PM

12. This guy is so lame and not funny.

Posted by: Pig | Mar 10, 2013 9:51:04 PM

13. Maybe he got the gay part right?

Posted by: rick scatorum | Mar 10, 2013 11:16:49 PM

14. SNL has done MUCH worse, this wasn't the best but it was funny. JT sounded better in this bit than he's sounded lately.

Posted by: Geoff M | Mar 10, 2013 11:59:31 PM

15. Good job JT but all you made me do was miss SNL circa 1984 when Martin Short and Billy Crystal really knew how to impersonate. Check out Crystal's Sammy Davis Jr.

Posted by: DC Arnold | Mar 11, 2013 9:31:08 AM

16. I can't believe that Justin Bieber is more funny and a better singer than Justin, on SNL anyways.

Posted by: Drew | Mar 11, 2013 1:59:31 PM