Military | News | Russ Marine

Let's Watch Two Gay Marines Talk About Falling in Love and Go on a Nut-Gobbling Adventure: VIDEO

Russmarine

Meet Russ, my favorite gay Marine, and Matt, his favorite gay Marine. Russ is a vlogger who expounds on a variety of topics, but in recent days we've been introduced to Matt, who he met in a Starbucks. In their latest video, they talk about how they met, and answer some questions, and go on a nut-gobbling adventure.

Anyway, let's just all celebrate the fact that Marines can do this kind of thing these days, in public, on YouTube, and suffer no consequences. If you're having a bad day, these two will surely brighten it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They love clubbing and socializing in gay bars. Hmmm...probably will be hot single marines soon.

Posted by: Jerry | Mar 7, 2013 10:29:46 AM

2. Very adorable though

Posted by: Jerry | Mar 7, 2013 10:29:59 AM

3. O brave new world that has such people in it!

Posted by: michael | Mar 7, 2013 10:33:49 AM

4. Cute and lovely.
    @Jerry, not necessarily and I don't know why couldn't they love clubbing, go out and be together.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 7, 2013 10:35:45 AM

5. OK, there are no kittens, puppies, unicorns, or ANYTHING as adorable as these two. :) Wish they lived in Portland so they could take me out dancing with them!

Posted by: Dback | Mar 7, 2013 10:41:36 AM

6. So what if they love clubbin'. My boyfriend and I love clubbin' but then,we also love house music and dancing which drives us to the clubs,aside from the fact that we have a few friends who work in the gay nightlife industry. Some of you queens really need to get a grip on yourselves. You obviously are not a well adjusted gay man if you think only "single" gays go to clubs. There are straight married couples who occasionally go to the straight clubs why can't gay couples do the same? Idiot!

Posted by: Audi-owner | Mar 7, 2013 10:43:08 AM

7. Cutest thing Ive ever seen. It's a bright new world.
    Thank god McCain/Palin didn't stop this from happening.

Posted by: PKNY | Mar 7, 2013 11:01:05 AM

8. Bad haircut alert. Bang-bang the bangs.

Posted by: Bang-a-lang | Mar 7, 2013 11:25:42 AM

9. Completely obnoxious and affected. This is equal rights.

Posted by: Equal Opportunity to be Obnoxious and Superficial | Mar 7, 2013 11:27:08 AM

10. they are beyond adorable. i wish them all the best luck they can find.

Posted by: lotusmoon | Mar 7, 2013 11:33:41 AM

11. @Bang-a-lang
    why do you call them bangs?
    a better, more technical term is fringe.

Posted by: oliver | Mar 7, 2013 11:48:01 AM

12. OMG so adorable. I think the bitterness in the comments is just jealousy that this kind of being out and public wasn't around when we were younger. I know that I would have loved to see this when I was younger, but it's awesome to see it now all the same. :)

Posted by: Luke | Mar 7, 2013 11:48:25 AM

13. It sure is, Luke.

AN AVALANCHE OF ADORABLENESS!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 7, 2013 11:56:13 AM

14. @Michael: nice Tempest reference. My favorite Shakespeare play except maybe Hamlet. But Tempest holds sentimental value.

No one can criticize these two guys without seeming like a jaded jerk.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 7, 2013 12:05:18 PM

15. Deliciousness! I would so gobble them up like the nuts they are, and even take the calories of the last bite.

Posted by: Gary A | Mar 7, 2013 12:06:28 PM

16. They are very cute together.

Posted by: Adam | Mar 7, 2013 12:09:16 PM

17. Don't have time to watch it all.

As a guy who "came of age" in the '70s, I can't tell you how amazing this is to me.

Not in my wildest dreams could I imagine - back then - 2 gay marines speaking publicly, openly, proudly - not to mention charmingly - like this.

Just for this moment (at least): "And I say to myself / What a wonderful world"

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Mar 7, 2013 12:12:35 PM

18. So adorable. But they look so much alike.

Posted by: Jay | Mar 7, 2013 12:37:16 PM

19. Very mixed feelings about this.

My initial gut reaction is that this is the IDYLLIC life we all imagined for ourselves, but few of us ever have found or ever will find. A physically gorgeoous boy-next-door type who is fun to be around, sexy, and who loves us dependably and loyally....and who, except for the excessive giggliness, does not seem to have any effeminate mannerisms and is just a normal guy rather than some screwed-up head case. And a whole bunch of totally supportive friends who would make our lives a great joy to live, every day.

It almost seems too good to be true.

After this initial reaction, yes, those of us who are older (I am 54) probably felt some wistfulness....I know I did, thinking to myself that this kind of relationship and life was not even possible in my youth, when empty one-night-stands were the norm and most of us searched in vain for any kind of lasting relationship, much less one with someone so beautiful and seemingly REAL. A world in which, moreover, making a video like this would have doomed one to having no career of significance in any field and a general rejection by the larger society.

Mixed with this wistfulness, though, was a bit of a sense of pride that it was my generation whose courage and activism made it possible for young men like this to have such lives and to be happy in a way that we were not able to be.

BUT--and yes, here I go again, but I have to make this observation. How many of you would have regarded this couple as "adorable" if they were not among the elite in terms of youthful physical attractiveness? If they both had only average looks, much less were physically unattractive, would any of you still have regarded them as "adorable"? Will you still regard them as "adorable" 20 years from now when their looks have faded, the difficulties and conflicts of life have taken their toll, and their lives no longer are so idyllic?

And extending that line of thought, do you think either of these "adorable" young men would ever have given the time of day to a guy who was not as physically attractive as they are, regardless of how many other positive attributes he might have had? Or would and do they reject contemptuously any guy out of hand who is not as physically attractive as they are, not only as potential sexual partners, but as potential friends--which, let's be honest, is still the norm in gay life....

Youthful phys8ical attractiveness still trumps everything else in gay life and, on some level, that is all the drooling over this "adorable" couple by so many of you really represents.

Maybe that is just (male) human nature, but it is still the honest truth.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 7, 2013 12:39:49 PM

20. Nicely done, boys. Too cute.

Cute, homely, masc, fem, skinny, buff, fat, short, tall, the only thing that matters is that they don't care what others think, and are putting a visible face to What Gay Is.

Those that refuse to hide are the ones that change culture. Kudos, fellas. Now go out and enjoy some block-rockin' beats.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 7, 2013 12:44:09 PM

21. Ah, to be young and in love again. But Jerry is probably right. At 21 and 22 these guys are just too young and they are still discovering themselves. In a few years one of them (or both)will probably want to explore "greener pastures". The chances that they are "the one" for each other, for all time, is slim to none. In the meantime I wish them both a long happy life.

Posted by: Howard | Mar 7, 2013 12:51:43 PM

22. Rick, that might be the most positive and honest thing I've ever seen you post. You should do it more often. Really.

Yes, their physical attractiveness is part of what makes them "adorable," but it's also just their youth and freedom plus the puppy-playfulness of new love. Just because the world can be harsh and shallow in its judgements doesn't mean that beauty can't be found if you bother to play attention.

Posted by: Caliban | Mar 7, 2013 1:11:14 PM

23. TrollRick - i loved how you complained about how they're only being focused on for being "cute" while in your very first breath you expressed relief that they're not "effeminate".

you can't whine about beauty being valued when your first statement was a regurgitation of your conditioned aversion to perceived "effeminacy". well, you can whine. it just negates any truth you'd ever hope to state. :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 7, 2013 1:18:17 PM

24. They are sweeter and more cute than a box of marshmallow peeps :)

Posted by: Toddb | Mar 7, 2013 1:57:53 PM

25. Ah, young love.

I have several family members in the Marines and a best friend serving in another branch. The repeal of DADT was an important moment for everyone but definitely of personal interest to me because I did not want to see my friend or my family members be discharged for being exactly who they are. This video is proof that things are changing for the better. Stay safe and have fun, boys.

Posted by: Ryan | Mar 7, 2013 2:03:17 PM