New York | News

Stunning Time-Lapse of a Day in New York: VIDEO

Newyork

One of the better ones I've seen, and there's our new friend, One World Trade Center.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

For you photogs, the shooter writes: "A Canon 7D and T3i were the main cameras, with backup from a couple of older Nikon Coolpix 5000 point and shooters. A few clips are sped-up video."

Comments

1. WTC looks sweet. After more than a decade it's really nice to see that void filled.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 14, 2013 9:02:06 AM

2. My subway stop was featured at 0:25. I had to pasue it for a second to make sure. :)

Posted by: Brendan | Mar 14, 2013 9:12:07 AM

3. To some of us who live in slower paced places, that sped up video is more like real time. Every time I've been to New York I've felt like I was in a hurry.
    In my opinion, life is way too fast there.

saludos,
    raulito

Posted by: Raulito | Mar 14, 2013 10:30:52 AM

4. Agreed Ratbastard. BUT, whenever I'm up in the NYC metro, usually a couple times a year...I have a icy frisson when I think about what it used to look like. I think for people who approached the city from the south, whether by train or car (I never flew in) the Twin Towers were such a dominant part of the skyline. I'll never forget being about 10 or 11 and taking metroliner up there for the first time in the late 1980s, and seeing them off in the distance. A Washington DC kid couldn't believe buildings could be that big.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Mar 14, 2013 10:36:25 AM

5. @ECHTKULTIG,

NY is overpowering to many first time visitors. I've heard more than a few say they felt seriously claustrophobic.

I had a DC woman visiting my office and she was all excited about the 'tall buildings' because DC doesn't have any. And this was in Boston!

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 14, 2013 10:44:55 AM

6. @ECHTKULTIG: Although I am happy to finally see the new tower going up (I work nearby and have watched its construction from day 1), I still get wistful for the late Twin Towers. Whenever I left NYC whether by train, bus or car and then returned, there was always that thrill of the Towers rising up from the distance. Flying into NYC and seeing the Towers, especially at night, was awesome, too. Well, the new tower is beautiful even in its incomplete state and will surely be something spectacular once its finished.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 14, 2013 11:30:42 AM

7. Cool. It's been a long time since I have been in NYC, over 20 years. I'll never forget the crush of humanity. I am used to urban areas, I work in downtown Chicago. But NOTHING had me prepared for NYC. I just wish I could have stayed longer, and had more money...LOL

Posted by: millerbeach | Mar 15, 2013 4:14:41 AM

8. Reflective glass buildings are so 1974. Witness The Hancock Tower in Boston. The World Trade Center towers marked a very unique time: 1973-2001. They have been captured in many movies from those years--standing symmetric and iconic. It marks an important period in Gay history as well--the pre-marriage era. We'll discover if the new structure, with its' glass sheath, will reflect and depict the times ahead.

Posted by: GB | May 2, 2013 9:45:46 PM