Film | News | Pat Robertson | Pets | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #1318

SUNSET BLVD: A musical tribute, edited by yours truly.

PAT ROBERTSON: God is giving somebody a million dollars (and his name is probably Pat Robertson)!

JIMMY KIMMEL: The week in unnecessary censorship.

PUGS: A sledding party.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. There's no such thing as a cute pug.

Posted by: TomTallis | Mar 1, 2013 5:21:30 PM

2. There's no such thing as a cute pug.

Posted by: TomTallis | Mar 1, 2013 5:21:32 PM

3. Fine tribute (and editing), Andy.

I always go back and forth on whether Swanson should have won the Oscar that year--up against Davis, Eleanor Parker, Judy Holiday...and I forgot who else. Swanson helped invent screen acting at the birth of American Cinema. I don't know if they ever gave her an honorary Oscar.

I still think they made the right choice for the Best Actress Oscar for 1950. Judy Holiday deserved it, but Gloria Swanson was a legend.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 1, 2013 5:28:13 PM

4. Great job, Andy. This is one of my all time favorite films with my all time favorite Hottie, Bill Holden!

Posted by: Floridian | Mar 1, 2013 11:02:06 PM

5. I want to know how they got those pugs to sit still in the sled. I have had pugs for 15 years. I love them, but it's like herding cats. As for tomtallis - you should wish you had something as cute and sweet as a pug in your life.

Posted by: Biff | Mar 1, 2013 11:13:30 PM

6. I love Sunset Boulevard so this clip was great for me, but is it something in your life that pulled this chestnut to the fore today? Let's get to know you Andy.

Posted by: markt | Mar 1, 2013 11:30:42 PM

7. Nice editing job, but does every queen have to utilize friggin' club music for everything? (Worse yet, Gloria Estefan club music!) Talk about stereotyping.

Posted by: rocker rocker | Mar 2, 2013 9:41:37 AM

8. Wow. The soundtrack from CHiPS meets Sunset Boulevard. Two great tastes that taste great together.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 2, 2013 10:05:52 AM

9. Thanks guys - it was just something I did in my spare time a while back when I was playing around with editing software. And the reason I used 'friggin club music' was because the lyrics went with the theme of the movie. Besides there ain't nothing wrong with friggin' club music even if it makes me a friggin' stereotype.

Posted by: Andy Towle | Mar 2, 2013 12:50:56 PM

10. i like friggin' stereotypes. they're fun.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 2, 2013 12:55:30 PM

11. Looks like someone is auditioning to be the new Dan-O-Rama.

Posted by: StudioTodd | Mar 3, 2013 12:25:24 AM