Alan Cumming | Gay Marriage | Music | News | Stephen Colbert

BigGayDeal.com

Stephen Colbert and Alan Cumming Respond to 'Accidental Racist' with 'Oopsie-Daisy Homophobe': VIDEO

Accidentalhomophobe

Stephen Colbert notes that Brad Paisley's "Accidental Racist" has caused people from all races and ethnicities to join their voices as one and declare "this song suuuuucks."

He adds: "This level of unifying suckage has inspired me to write my own awful song in the hopes of bridging another deep cultural rift in America - the gay marriage divide."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here's Cumming's interview about his new Broadway show 'Macbeth':

Comments

1. I met Alan Cumming last year in a gay bar called The Round Up in Dallas. He was there with his friends on a night out.

ALL night people were interrupting him asking for photographs and autographs and this went on the WHOLE time he was there. He was SO nice to everyone. He didn't get annoyed once. I had always heard he was a genuinely nice guy and from what I saw of him that night it's true. I wish more famous people were like him. He is a gem.

Posted by: Icebloo | Apr 19, 2013 1:32:52 AM

2. I met Alan Cumming last year in a gay bar called The Round Up in Dallas. He was there with his friends on a night out.

Posted by: Icebloo | Apr 19, 2013 1:32:52 AM

3. Ya really gonna make me think this late at night, Matt? I was trying to use an argumentum ad absurdum to make a point...guess it makes sense in *my* mind, at least ^_^

Posted by: Cody | Apr 19, 2013 1:51:50 AM

4. @Cody, when this nation was founded, slavery had been in practice for more than 150 years, and you're right, the Constitution did not end that overnight. However, with that Constitution, the founders set the nation on an inevitable march toward liberty and equality, and the Star Spangled Banner was conceived to embody those ideals. It was no accident, then, that *before the founders died,* the people who would end slavery had already been born. The thirteen stars and stripes in a very material way heralded the end of slavery. If you want to draw an analogy between that flag and the blood orange turd that was excreted by the cesspit of moral decay know as the Confederacy, you're going to have a very tough go of it.

Posted by: JJ | Apr 19, 2013 4:39:03 AM

5. I tried to listen to Paisley/Cool J tripe until the Mr. White Man couplet(did LL have to be the Tom character)? had me reaching for the off button. Martin would not be proud. Sets us all back.

Posted by: DC Arnold | Apr 19, 2013 8:30:04 AM

6. I never said that my mind works in straight lines (ha! Probably an understatement!) :) It sometimes gets me in quite a bit of trouble, because in a convoluted sort of way, I can see links between things, but it's tough for me to actually describe exactly *what* those connections are.

Posted by: Cody | Apr 19, 2013 8:47:52 AM