Comments

1. homogenius says

@KM “OMG I’ve been in love with him since he lost his eyes to Imhotep!”

Me, too! When I saw The Mummy I was like, “who is this geeky hunk and why haven’t I heard of him before?”

DAYUM!

2. homogenius says

@KM “OMG I’ve been in love with him since he lost his eyes to Imhotep!”

DAYUM!

3. Liam says

Awesome interview, awesome guy. I also think he’s been out at least personally for years, but not sure how well-known it was to the world at large or the DH demographic. Best part of the interview, Marie didn’t even skip a beat when Tuc said he was a gay man. She’s great, too.

Good luck to him and his kid. Seems like he’ll be an great dad.

4. mvecera says

To my knowledge, he was never actually IN the closet. I met him a couple of years ago (at Folsom East of all places) and he was perfectly lovely. Not at all acting like a closet-case.

5. Giselle says

I really liked him on Beggars and Choosers. Such a shame they cancelled that show. His character got seduced by Bruce Campbell who played an actor starring as ‘Mountain Man’. That was fun.
    There were such terrific people on that show: Brian Kerwin, Christina Hendricks, Keegan Connor Tracy, Charlotte Ross, William McNamara, loads more. Such fun.
    Tuc Watkins got to play a great coming out scene. Loved that.

6. Kit says

Tuc came out publicly during Beggars and Choosers, but for some reason it stayed very low key. Not aware if it being discussed / publicized in any way after that. He did a live web interview show with a guy who writes a soap blog just the other day. (It was part of the publicity machine for the reboot of One Life to Live which becomes available on Hulu, Hulu+, and iTunes on April 29th.) I thought it interesting that one of the fans who had been picked to ask questions didn’t get an answer to one of hers. She remarked that his Wikipedia bio didn’t have any personal details, and asked about his private life. He went off on a tangent and never answered her at all.

7. Fruit-for-Peace says

I have been in LUST with him since “The Mummy” like others have. He’s just cute as a button with those round glasses – that is until the Mummy steals his eyes.

8. ClaytonD says

Just another fan of Beggars and Choosers here. As Giselle says, Tuc was just one of many great actors (playing great characters) on that show. Wish they’d release it on DVD!

9. Houndentenor says

I don’t think this is a big surprise, but being out helps I think. He’s not alone among not-all-that-closeted gay soap actors, but for career reasons choose not to make a public statement. I think we have moved to a new era in which it’s not a huge reveal for an actor to come out.