Elton John | Music | News | Pete Wentz

Elton John Collaborates with Fall Out Boy: LISTEN

Falloutboy

Elton John and Courtney Love turn up on the new Fall Out Boy album, Fuse reports:

Stump"This album is one that is particularly close to us," Fall Out Boy said in a statement. "We recorded it in secret from the music industry, critics, and even our fans... We made this music for ourselves and no one else at the end of the day. This is meant be played loud, with the windows down on summer nights. Four friends with our backs to each other fighting in the darkness against anything and everything that is out there. We bowed our heads, took a knee and plugged back in. From the first strings to the last shouts—this is us."

Fall Out Boy frontman tweeted a shot of Elton in the studio last month.

Listen to Elton's collaboration "Save Rock and Roll", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Apparently they went away in secret during the months that FUN. was becoming a thing... and didn't realize that they ripped off their sound?

Posted by: CAM | Apr 8, 2013 12:46:03 PM

2. pure crap.

Posted by: tc in bk | Apr 8, 2013 1:08:11 PM

3. Yeah, it sounds a bit 'Fun-ish" but still a nice track. It's pretty radio friendly and my kids will want me to download it, I'm sure

Posted by: RONTEX | Apr 8, 2013 1:46:19 PM

4. It sounds to me like everything he said is code for "we sold out".

Posted by: AJ | Apr 8, 2013 2:18:05 PM

5. Following his collaboration with Eminem and his performance at Rush Limbaugh's wedding, I have absolutely no interest in anything Elton John says or does.

Posted by: Walt NYC | Apr 8, 2013 3:42:40 PM

6. Following his collaboration with Eminem and his performance at Rush Limbaugh's wedding, I have absolutely no interest in anything Elton John says or does.

Posted by: Walt NYC | Apr 8, 2013 3:42:45 PM

7. Oh Elton.. Still trying to connect with todays youth. lol. But with Fall Out Boy? ZZZzzz.. Stick to your amazing work with aids. Its ok. You dont need another hit. When I see this pic of him at the music board, just looks...odd. Id prefer to just remember the 70's and early 80's Elton of my youth!

Posted by: greg | Apr 8, 2013 6:03:21 PM

8. @Walt. Yep!

Posted by: DeeVee | Apr 8, 2013 6:48:30 PM

9. Fun!? I am not seeing the comparison except for the fact that they have the power pop-rock styles. For one, Fun released their newest album as barely a rock album with little to no instrumental arrangements which greatly contrasts from Fall Out Boy. They were in "secret" as Patrick Stump was pushing his solo career with Soul Punk...

Posted by: BoyntonOU | Apr 10, 2013 9:41:59 AM