Bill O'Reilly | Bryan Fischer | Gay Marriage | News | Supreme Court

Bryan Fischer Blasts Bill O'Reilly as a 'Pompous, Arrogant Windbag' for Calling Him a 'Bible Banger': VIDEO

Fischer

The American Family Association's lead spokeshater Bryan Fischer is outraged at Bill O'Reilly for his remarks that anti-gay activists are losing the marriage battle, particularly his designation of them as "Bible thumpers", Right Wing Watch reports.

O'Reilly made the remarks last week during the Supreme Court arguments on marriage and has been taking flack from it from conservative pundits like Laura Ingraham ever since.

Fischer blasted O'Reilly on his radio program.

"The implication is that we're a bunch of neanderthal, redneck, hillbilly Bible-bangers. That is essentially what he is saying we are ... He's insulting us to our face"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The best laugh of the day!!

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Apr 4, 2013 11:31:28 PM

2. The bible is myth, often bloody ugly myths. Anyone who says that he/she believes that it is the word of a god, if there be one, who created the billion gallaxy universe is either a liar or a fool.

Posted by: andrew | Apr 5, 2013 1:46:19 AM

3. I love watching Republicans rip each other to shreds. Yay!

Posted by: Marc | Apr 5, 2013 3:15:37 AM

4. Well, to be fair to Bryan Fischer, Bill O'Reilly IS a pompous, arrogant windbag...who had a rare moment of speaking the truth.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Apr 5, 2013 11:40:23 AM

5. [Spotted the following on the net. Reactions?]

(The following paper was inspired by Bill O'Reilly whose TV show favors God Dumpers and not "Bible Thumpers." Quotes are from "Vital Quotations" by Emerson West.)

DANGEROUS BIBLE THUMPERS OF AMERICA

ROBERT E. LEE: "In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." (p. 21)
    DANIEL WEBSTER: "If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper." (p. 21)
    JOHN QUINCY ADAMS: "I have made it a practice for several years to read the Bible through in the course of every year." (p. 22)
    ABRAHAM LINCOLN: "I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated to us through this book." (p. 22)
    GEORGE WASHINGTON: "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible." (p. 22)
    HORACE GREELEY: "It is impossible to mentally or socially enslave a Bible-reading people." (p. 23)
    THOMAS JEFFERSON: "I hold the precepts of Jesus as delivered by himself to be the most pure, benevolent, and sublime which have ever been preached to man. I adhere to the principles of the first age; and consider all subsequent innovations as corruptions of this religion, having no foundation in what came from him." (p. 45)
    THOMAS JEFFERSON: "Had the doctrines of Jesus been preached always as pure as they came from his lips, the whole civilized world would by now have become Christian." (p. 47)
    BENJAMIN FRANKLIN: "As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see." (p.49)
    WOODROW WILSON: "The sum of the whole matter is this----that our civilization cannot survive materially unless it be redeemed spiritually. It can only be saved by becoming permeated with the spirit of Christ and being made free and happy by practices which spring out of that spirit." (p. 143)
    PATRICK HENRY: "There is a just God who presides over the destiny of nations." (p. 145)
    THOMAS JEFFERSON: "Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction." (p. 225)
    THOMAS JEFFERSON: "Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern, which have come under my observation, none appear to me so pure as that of Jesus." (p. 237)
    GEORGE WASHINGTON: "The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low, that every person of sense and character detests and despises it." (p. 283)
    BENJAMIN FRANKLIN: "Here is my creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the universe. That he governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshiped." (p. 301)
    CALVIN COOLIDGE: "The strength of a country is the strength of its religious convictions." (p. 305)
    GEORGE WASHINGTON: "The perpetuity of this nation depends upon the religious education of the young." (p. 306)

Prior to our increasingly "Hell-Bound and Happy" era, America's greatest leaders were part of the (gulp) Religious Right! Today we've forgotten God's threat (to abort America) in Psa. 50:22----"Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver." Memo to God Dumpers: In light of Rev. 16:19, can you be sure you won't be in a city that God has already reserved for destruction?

Posted by: Billy | Apr 5, 2013 8:07:13 PM

6. [Spotted the following on the net. Reactions?]

DANGEROUS BIBLE THUMPERS OF AMERICA

Posted by: Billy | Apr 5, 2013 8:07:15 PM

7. My goodness, Billy. That's quite a trove of mined quotes from the net.

I suggest starting with Googling the definition of quote mining, followed by looking up the "Jefferson Bible" and then work your way through the rest.

Here's to your enlightenment.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Apr 6, 2013 1:18:27 AM

8. [Bill O'Reilly]"Who's TV show favors God dumpers, not "Bible thumpers."

Snerk.

Here's a quote for you. "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam, in my opinion: tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."

Does that sound like a sound-bite from a "God dumper" to you?

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Apr 6, 2013 1:35:29 AM

9. Why do "Bible Bangers" object to being called "Bible Bangers"? There are a lot of other things they could be called, but those words are not allowed to be exhibited here. We have to have pity for the "Bible Bangers". For someone to believe the fictions in the "Bible" as fact is truly unbelieveible. Dead men "Coming back to life"; Men "Rising up to Heaven"; Waving a hand over a barrel of water "Turns it into wine"; etc. I would love to listen to a bunch of Priests or Ministers "On a night out" laughing about what "Fools these mortals be" that believe the nonsense they peach every Sunday. (And then go out and do what they do to young boys.)

Posted by: Jerry6 | Apr 8, 2013 4:33:48 PM