Antoine Dodson: ‘I’m No Longer Into Homosexuality I Want a Wife’

Dodson

Antoine Dodson, who shot to fame via a news blooper that went viral on YouTube which now has more than 53 million views, says he's no longer gay.

Writes Dodson in a post on Facebook:

I have to renounce myself, I'm no longer into homosexuality I want a wife and family, I want to multiply and raise and love my family that I create. I could care less about the fame and fortune, I've giving all that up to know the true history of the bible. For I am the True Chosen Hebrew Israelite descendant of Judah. And as True Israel I know that there are certain things we just can't do. And I totally understand that now. I don't need a Mercedes Benz, I don't need a big house in Beverly Hills all I need is the Most High and my family (Israel). I have been awaken by the great and so should you. Let's be delivered from the wickedness of the world and live the way we should. The Most High bless all and have a beautiful evening. Israel wake up and take full power of who you are. I'm ready are you?

He adds:

I'm Antoine wait, I am KEVIN ANTOINE DODSON, and I just want what's best for all and this is the way for me, hate me if you must, bash me if you must, I won't break, do what you will, for this is my calling.

Comments

1. Alex Parrish says

Who? Just another mixed-up kid screwed-ove by some charlatans interpretation of a bronze-age fairy tale. Shouldn’t even be considered news.

2. GMB says

Oh honey. Oh honey, you’re having a moment. It’s okay. We’ll hang out here and wait for you until the moment passes. The Bible’s got a lot of pretty stuff, you can’t deny that! It’s appealing to want to wrap yourself in its beautiful promises to Israel and imagine that they still apply to you. We’ll wait around until you start finding all the ugly parts that make no sense. Or until magic Jesus doesn’t take away those pesky attractions to boys. You’ll be back. We’ll even slaughter the fatted calf for you and throw a big party!

3. northalabama says

i knew a couple of inseparable friends, wild guys who were into all sorts of recreational substances who went through the same thing at his age. it lasted about a year.

don’t know if it’s a last cry for fame, but i doubt it will last long. i’m only sorry if he feels there was something with the way he was, before this revelation.

4. JerzeeMike says

From his original video, was there any doubt he was somewhat unhinged in the first place. He’s had his first taste of attention & now he’s hooked. He wants to ride the ex-gay train for as long as fundamental Christians will pay, then he’ll be caught with a man & try some lame apology to the LGBT community & try to make the rounds at Pride events. Sad, sad little man.

5. Arrant says

I know nothing about this person, and while I am going to sound like the out of touch and possible tiny bit racist old white gay guy that I am, based on that photo alone, I feel absolutely no need to know any more.

6. Derrick from Philly says

No, he is not a fundamentalist Christian. He is a Hebrew–didn’t you read her…I mean, him.

Well, I guess it’s a great loss to the Gay world, and a great gain for the Hebrew nation (wherever that land may be).

I hope he’s already circumcised. That’s the sign of God’s covenent with Abraham. Very painful recovery after the surgery.

Andy, how the hell did you discover this story?

7. Bryan says

Nice. The Hebrew Israelites are a racist cult who believe that God created American slavery to bring all of the true Israelites out of Africa. The believe that whites are evil, and that Jews are children of the devil. You can see them spewing their hate in and around Times Square.

Why don’t people like this ever turn to therapy or philosophy instead of hateful religions?

8. disgusted american says

ahh the easily Brainwashed with religion crap…….its so much easier – aint it – to have others TELL YOU how to think – rather then thinking for yourself…..God/schmod….man-made gobblygook to keep the easily lead sheeple/people in FEAR, In Line, and those ever flowing Coffers Full…Ka-CHING$$$$$$$$$ ..is THIS how you TRY to “reclaim” your lost 15minutes of fame?

9. Dan says

So he’s basically a nobody who did nothing for his 10 seconds of fame years ago but someone felt he was still important enough to write a story on? Well isnt that special?

10. enough already says

OK, sure, yeah, whatever gets you through the night.
    Personally, I never did much care for doing christer drag, but, heh – if it butters his muffins (and how would a wife do that for him?), then: Go for it.
    When it turns out to be the c-f we all know it will be, he can then get another 15 minutes of fame by returning to his true nature, in Technicolor and Surround Sound.
    Drama Queen.

11. Michael says

The Hebrews? You mean those full-on racists who love to scream about fags as much as possible?

Give me a break. The Taliban, Evangelicals, The Hebrews.

All the same cloth, just a different cut.

12. tr2236 says

weird Israel recognizes same sex marriage( you must marriage outside not in their religious family court). How does he think that Israel is a paradise for the fundamentalist? I would recommend him to stay in Africa except South Africa. Since he is not that attractive, he can help us to spread gay epigenetics.

13. anon says

His statement has so much outside misdirection it’s more like a wish than a statement of fact. How is it that in order to fulfill the demands of his religion he must “get a wife”? He’s put the cart before the horse here.

14. ratbastard says

People who are fanatical with a particular viewpoint, ideology, religion, politics, etc. are psychologically easily manipulated to develop fanaticism and extremism in other areas, and can easily switch sides if need be. Nazis become communist, and vice-versa. Fanatically religious people become fanatically Atheist. Fanatically homosexual become fanatically ‘straight’ and anti-gay, and vice-versa.

This guy has obvious mental health issues. There’s little point in arguing with him or even getting angry, except at the people who use him.

15. Geoff says

I’m sorry. There is nothing…male or female that would go near something so loo loo la la in all the universes present or alternate. They need to lock it up so it won’t be, I say, WON’T BE – near “the children”! Mercy!!!

16. Derrick from Philly says

Fenrox,

I agree. I try to use humor in situations like this, but when you add my sarcasm to the stupidity of some these comments…yeah, we look pretty bad too.

17. says

I’ve known many guys who’ve gone this route. And as sad as they are, the women they marry or date are just as sad; so many years being taught that “prayers to Jesus can change you”, and their faith that their church won’t ever lie to them….well, then we get a few kids born, a friendship on the rocks masquerading as a marriage, some DL nonsense, and whole lot of folks living in a paranoid state of double and triple lives and lies.

note the irony – pretending that he won’t break. brother, through this action you’ve already let “them” break you.

18. Mary says

“I just want what’s best for all and this is the way for me”

Notice that he didn’t say “this is the way for everyone?” This view won’t be popular on Towleroad, but I think Mr. Dodson’s statement is a victory for tolerance. People are now free to be straight, gay, bi, trans, -whatever. And a person can change in his/her attractions. The point is that Mr. Dodson is free to pursue the sexuality he sees as best for him. And wouldn’t HE be the one to know what that is?

If I was gay I’d say “No problem, buddy. Go for what makes you happy.” I really don’t see why his statement should be controversial. But look for the other side to jump all over gay people (so to speak!) who condemn Mr. Dodson for giving up a gay lifestyle – as proof that gays don’t want for others the same sexual freedom they demand for themselves. Why give the other side more ammunition?

19. Dan says

The “Hebrew Israelites” are as delusional as the British “Israelites”. Antoine should read real history before joining wacky cults.

20. David says

Real? Gaye than gay if you ask me. Embrace who you are and stick with it. Maybe someone should recommend not procreating. It seems that pool is already shallow enough. Let’s not disadvantage another child. Sadly there will be some stupid person who’ll take him up on it. Kinda makes my skin crawl at the thought.

21. Cecilfirefox says

Well, I suspect if he really is just a gay guy this will work itself out in time- however, this doesn’t sound Christian, his announcement, it sounds something like black judaism.

22. Cecilfirefox says

Response to Mary- Mary is highlighting the new 180 of the “ex-gay” movement. With the shift in public opinion, the massive change in momentum towards equal rights, dignity, and respect, people like Mary are now singing a new tune- No longer are you changeable, or should you be changed, but if someone decides to they should be able to do that, that’s their business she says.

She’s right, to a point, except when they promote it, try and trap other people in a false self-destructive lifestyle where folks engage in ‘security-blanket’ “marriages” that are highly, highly predisposed to end in failure.

Finding oneself naturally and organically in a relationship with the gender of a person you didn’t expect is one thing, trying to change yourself based off negative perceptions about your identity, based off junk science, untrue assertions, and ignorance and hate speech is not the same thing as just going around living your life.

Nice try, Mary, but we still know what you people want to do to us. Change us.

23. mickyflip says

Oh please. Lemme guess, it was all his wonderful new friends over at Shhht-fill-A that has shown him the light. Maybe he should start heeding his own advice now. “Hide yo kids, hide yo waf, and hide yo husbands cuz he out here rapin’ everybody too!”

24. Mary says

“trying to change yourself based off negative perceptions about your identity, based off junk science, untrue assertions, and ignorance and hate speech is not the same thing as just going around living your life.”

True, Cecil. And I never said that those who are born gay and feel they really are gay should be trying to change themselves. But why can’t you just accept that some people’s sexual attractions change over time? Or that some people go through what we commonly call “a phase?” Only the individual HIMSELF can decide what he is. Because no one else knows what is going on inside of him.

I can assure you that I have no desire to change who you are. But you’re displaying that famous characteristic of social liberals – the insistence that anyone who chooses what you don’t want him to choose isn’t “really” doing it freely. Liberals then have it both ways. Those who choose what they like should have freedom and acceptance, and those who choose what liberals DON’T like can have their acceptance or tolerance criticized.

I don’t know Mr. Dodson, but I wish him only the best in life. Which is the same thing I wish for you.

25. Mary says

“there’s nothing more annoying than heterosexuals insisting that gay people can change.”

Sorry if I appear to be trying to get your attention, Kiwi, but as we’ve said many times, sexuality is fluid. For SOME people it changes. For some people it doesn’t. Some people are confused about their sexuality, some aren’t. You would have no problem with a “straight” person who said he thinks he might be gay. So shouldn’t we accept that some “gay” people really might be straight? Accepting the latter is not incompatible with acceptance of LGBT civil rights.

26. Bryan says

I’m so glad Dodson has left the club. He was am embarrassment on the dance floor, tended to monopolize conversation, and was forever leaving wet drinks on the grand piano.

And while we believe in dental diversity, we must nonetheless confess that his nasty little chipmunk teeth really creeped us out.

27. trg says

No problem with him “chosing” a conventional (at least for the time being, it’s “conventional”) family. But why the stupidity and hate? The shame this guy has is so sad. The shame he is reinforcing in others is despicable.

28. Andy says

Was anyone trying to get into his pants?? I don’t think so. He’s probably doing this because no gay guy wants anything to do with him.

29. GCS says

Arrant: Don’t even try to defend yourself, old white gay. You are indeed a racist.

Bryan: Haha, oh boy, the poor white people! Think of them for once!

Mary: If people can “choose” to be whatever they want, I don’t see why you have to remain a heterosexual woman. You are a very tired borderline troll. What you have to do is take your super-enlightened tumblr mentality that spouts that fluidity and “changes” in sexuality are universal somewhere else. I am sick of all of you heteros and your need to chime in on every single LGBT issue as if you knew anything.

30. GCS says

And John, I would suggest you actually took a look at the racial make-up of congress members, senators and extremist groups and think twice before spouting your racism.

31. Dan B says

Shot to fame for what now?

By the way, Mary, you can hypothesize till you’re blue in the face about the ethics of changing sexual orientation, but the fact remains that there isn’t a doctor in the world who can actually do it. People whose sexuality is actually fluid don’t go to “reparative therapy,” they just bed whichever sex suits them at the moment.

32. Bill says

WHOEVER you are … Antoine, whatever … go in peace – immediately – now! And may you live in a publicity free, fame free, huckster free, PR free, delusional free environment FOREVER. (For all our sakes.)

33. Bill says

34. Bill says

35. TheHolyBible says

Give the man a break. Jesus save so many people and told them they were forgiven because of their belief so how come he can’t do the same. Anyone can change. Those that do not believe in the Bible, the father, son and holy spirit then it is your right. Believe in what you want to but give others a chance to believe and change too. Man should not lay with man and women should not lay with woman. I believe. Be yourself and forget what others think because at the end of life you have to answer to the father God almighty. America be Nice

36. Mikah says

Yay! now he can go be “straight” and get out of our community!Good for him and his bible god,and Israel or whatever.I wish him the best is his wacky religious endeavors.

37. Mikah says

Yay! now he can go be “straight” and get out of our community!Good for him and his bible god,and Israel or whatever.I wish him the best in his wacky religious endeavors.

38. Mikah says

39. Bill says

I’m with Antoine! Why just last night I saw some Christians preaching away on a street corner about how everyone’s going to Hell, and I saw the light, primed the day before when I got down on my knees for Jesus ……………….
    ……………………………
    …………………………………….
    ……… that hot Filipino or Hispanic Jesus I just met who anointed my head, and not with oil!

OK, I’m making up the hot guy in a lame attempt to be funny, but I did see some crazy Christians last night, and I bet it won’t be too long before Antoine gets over his new-found old-time religion. There’s no way anyone as demonstrative as he is will stay straight. He can’t even keep his head straight.

@Bryan: the reason people like that don’t do therapy is that people living in projects generally can’t afford a $300/hour therapist.

40. andrew says

@The “holy” bible: the bible is a collection of primitive myths, contradictions, mostly made up bloody history and vile moral teachings. Yahweh, the tribal warrior god of the ancient Israelites, makes the actions of Mao, Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot seem mild by comparison. Yep, he drowned all the little children of the world because of their parents sins, incinerated all the little children of Sodom because of their parents sins, had his followers kill all the living creatures in the towns that they captured, killed the child of David and Bethsheba to punish them for their tryst, killed 70,000 Israelites because he was angry that David took a census. The list of the atrocities the bible attributes to yahweh is almost endless. It is only by ignoring much of what the “holy” bible says about yahweh that Christians and Jews can spin this monster into “Our Heavenly Father”.

41. Javier says

Easily manipulated… this is his next chapter, fine. Back in the closet you go Antoine… believe in your own personal Jesus, or whatever it is that makes you high and mighty and pushes you to renounce part of who you are.

At the end of the day the only person you will fool is yourself.

42. Onnyjay says

Who is this person, and why should I care who or what he wants? C”mon T’road, this isn’t news, general interest or “other,” it’s “filler.”

43. LIZ GRACE says

TO HELL WITH EVERYBODY WHO HAS ANYTHING LESS THEN A BLESSING FOR MR DODSON. HE AND I DO MEAN HE HAS THE COURAGE, SINCERITY, AND FAITH, TO DO BETTER WHEN HE LEARNS BETTER. HOW DARE YOU HATERS USE YOUR MEANINGLESS WORDS AS WEAPONS TO DESTROY THE COURAGE HE POSSESSES.

MR. DODSON. I COMMEND YOU FOR YOUR UNMATCHED STRENGTH. LOOK AROUND!!! LOOK.. AROUND…. WHO BUT YOURSELF IS WILLING AND ABLE TO STAND UP AGAINST THE TYPE OF IGNORANCE THESE WEAK SHEEPLE DISPLAY. THEY WOULD MUCH RATHER TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT YOU WONT MAKE IT THEN TO TRY AND DO ANYTHING RIGHT THEMSELVES. HOW REALLY SCREWED ARE THEY?

THATS NOT YOUR CONCERN. LEAD AND BE FOLLOWED. YOU ARE A REMARKABLE PERSON AND YOU HAVE SOMETHING ASTONISHING TO TEACH YOUR SON. LET NOTHING OR NOONE CHANGE YOUR DESTINY INTO THEIRS. THEY ARE LOSERS WHO’S HANDS ARE UP IN THE AIR. THEY MAKE BETTER FERTILIZER THEN PEOPLE.

YOU HAVE TRAVELLED THIS ROUTE FOR OBVIOUS PURPOSES. BEFORE YOUR SON TO SAVE YOUR SON AND SO SHALL IT BE. I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT LOVE THROUGHOUT THE TASK YOU MUST ENDURE. THE HARDER ,THE MORE YOU BECOME. MY BLESSING’S TO YOU.

44. LIZ GRACE says

IF YOU LOOK AROUND YOU’LL SEE HOMOSEXUALITY IN GROVES. THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN INFACT THEY WANT THE CHILDREN FOR THEMSELVES. EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY IS EXPENDABLE. LIFE TO THEM IS IN THE NOW. NO MORALITY OR PURPOSE. WHY DO WHAT SUSTAINS LIFE WHEN YOU CAN MORE EASILY SUPPORT DESTROYING IT?? THEY SINCERELY ASK..

MINDS, HEARTS, AND SOULS, ARE OF NO VALUE. IT’S LIKE CHASING THE WIND TO THEM. FAITH CONCEPTS ARE FLEETING THOUGHTS THAT SIMPLY ELUDE THEM. THEY CONCEDE TO DEFEAT BEING DEATH AND EVERY TWISTED TURN OF EVENT BRINGS THEM CLOSER TO THEIR INESCAPABLE FATE. JUST AS THE METAMORPHOSIS TRANSFORMATION OF THE CATERPILLAR TO THE BUTTERFLY, WE WERE “BORN” FROM UNDERWATER. WHO FEARS INTO A PARALYZING EXISTENCE? WE WERE BORN FOR THIS….. REMEMBER THAT..