Denmark | Nature | News | Whales

BigGayDeal.com

Pod of Orcas Eyes a Small Fishing Boat Near Denmark: VIDEO

Orca

As a follow-up to my post of last week, here's a recent rare Orca encounter near Denmark, kindly translated by someone on Reddit:

There, there, look at that!
NO, they're coming over here, dammit! Sail dammit, sail dammit! They're right under us, they're huge. I am afraid of them!
Don't be.
Emil, for f**ks sake, it's Orcas! get me out of here.
Take a picture!
I am filming.
Look at that, now take some pictures!
I am filming it!
Look at the fin on that one... Now hold fast when they (BEEPING) or you'll be knocked off.
This is insane!
Just take a look at those fish, no it's Orcas dammit.
It's Orcas, Emil... SHUT UP!
It's the world's most dangerous fish... Take some pictures.
I AM filming it! I've got it all on film.
Look at that fin on its back... This is crazy!
They're under the boat!
They're gone now... This was crazy! They were huge, Mikkel!
NO, they are coming back! I don't want anything more to do with this sh*t.
Are you afraid of fish?
I'm afraid of f**king Orcas!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm afraid of f**king Orcas! best. line. ever.

Posted by: RONTEX | May 13, 2013 9:10:28 PM

2. The guy is smart to be afraid of Orcas. I've seen them up close as well, and would get the hell out of there if I was in such a small boat.

Posted by: mike128 | May 13, 2013 10:09:23 PM

3. I would expect Americans to think that Orcas are fish but it's disappointing to see that there are Danes who think they are.

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 13, 2013 10:13:59 PM

4. @tampazeke I am hoping the "fish" reference is a result of the translation, not confusion as to an Orca being an actual fish. I have seen them up close as well, but from a much larger vessel. I would probably have been a little concerned if I were in such a small boat.

Posted by: Chris | May 13, 2013 10:26:56 PM

5. Sometimes I wish you were a color consultant.

Posted by: GB | May 13, 2013 10:34:33 PM

6. i still think they're sizing us up for a meal...

Posted by: bandanajack | May 13, 2013 10:46:38 PM

7. This is so funny, when you understand Danish. The guys have what you Americans would call a hillbilly accent. Because that's what they are in Danish terms (Bonderøve). And he indeed says fish. Not exactly a proud moment for Danes perhaps, although it is funny ;)

Posted by: TheNiebuhr | May 13, 2013 10:55:34 PM

8. @ Chris. Nope, he said fish. I am quite sure they he (Emil) knows the difference, but just found it easier the say fish.

Posted by: Brian | May 14, 2013 1:21:47 AM

9. @TheNiebuhr: Thanks for enlightening us. Reading the translation in a hillbilly accent makes it so much better.

Posted by: Mike B. | May 14, 2013 3:17:38 AM

10. You're welcome, Mike B. I thought it might :)

Posted by: TheNiebuhr | May 14, 2013 5:22:16 PM

11. For Fishing we should prefect tools and equipment. I have gone in deep sea fishing key west florida i mat many people there who where having different kind of fishing equipment and they were experienced also.

Posted by: Marvin | May 15, 2013 7:43:03 AM

12. For Fishing we should prefect tools and equipment. I have gone in deep sea fishing key west florida i mat many people there who where having different kind of fishing equipment and they were experienced also.

Posted by: Marvin | May 15, 2013 7:43:55 AM

13. For Fishing we should prefect tools and equipment. I have gone in deep sea fishing key west florida i mat many people there who where having different kind of fishing equipment and they were experienced also.

Posted by: Marvin | May 15, 2013 7:44:16 AM