George Michael Airlifted to Hospital After Car Crash

Singer George Michael was involved in a car accident on the M1 motorway near St Albans, in Hertfordshire, UK yesterday, and airlifted to a hospital, the BBC reports:

MichaelA spokesman for Michael confirmed the 49-year-old had been involved in an accident, but said the singer only had "superficial cuts" and was "fine".

Michael was a passenger in a Range Rover and no other vehicles were involved, the spokesman added.

Connie Filippello said: "George Michael was a passenger in a vehicle involved in a traffic accident yesterday evening. No third party was involved.

"We have no further comment at this time."

Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "The man who we believe to be in his 40s sustained a head injury and following treatment, stabilisation and immobilisation by land and air ambulance crews, he was flown to hospital for further care."

Police would not comment further on the details of the accident.

Comments

1. RealTime says

That happens to many gays as they age. You could become the next biggest mess on two legs,

2. Michael says

@ AngelaChanning: I was wondering if the driver or another passenger of the car was injured more severely and that is why he went, too.

3. Michael says

4. Jenny says

This is what happens when there is no family foundation. What is an aged gay man worth? He isn’t a father, grandfather or husband…Just a person whose youth is gone. So pathetic.

5. Jenny says

6. Jack M says

@RealTieme, for your information, I just turned 56 and I am not a mess, thank you very much.

@Jenny, one day you will be old, Darling, and I don’t think you will like being referred to as pathetic, so watch your words carefully.

7. Jenny says

The truth often hurts…Yes, one day I will be old. But I will be a mother, grandmother and wife. I would by then, have given life to another human being, then raised them. I won’t be some botoxed middle-aged gay man hoping to earn enough to keep a young user boyfriend to feed his self-esteeem. George Michael is the embodiment of the homosexual man. The hollowness is heartbreaking.

8. Ale-Alejandro says

I really worry for him. He was a talented singer/performer in his hey day. Faith/Listen Without Prejudice/Older were astounding pop albums. He has serious issues (which by the way are not exclusive to gay men) and needs help, including several 12-step meetings from the looks of it.

(I am assuming the crash was the result of drugs which has been the case many many many times for him before).

9. anna says

Jenny: family takes many forms and people who are single have value regardless of whether they have children or not. There are many ways to contribute to life – through supporting people in your life, volunteering, career, or just bringing beauty and kindness into the world.

Today on this forum you have contributed nothing but hatred and hurt to the world with “your” truth, which reflects the callous and limited way you see others and nothing else.

10. Jenny says

No, all families do not have value. Single mothers in the ghetto living off the government tit, and raising criminal sons and future welfare mom daughters are of no value to the greater society. Gay men who pay taxes are of some value but limited, because they are not contributing productive citizens to future generations. The upper-middle class to upper-class heterosexual family, are of the greatest value, because they contribute both taxes and productive future citizens to society.

11. Chicklets says

Jenny-so using your logic: You had kids so that they could take care of YOU when you get old and pathetic. OMG you are dumb, hon.

12. Chicklets says

13. anna says

Jenny: Actually I was thinking of value in larger terms than just money and producing children. I was including ALL contributions people make. Is a single gay heart surgeon who saves thousands of lives of less value than people who have children? I don’t think so. I was also saying that people bring value to the world not only with what they do but by the qualities they share with others, such as kindness, love and wisdom.

14. Jenny says

I don’t have any children yet, because I am just 23. But yes, part of the reason we have children is for them to take care of us in their old age. Since the 60’s the whole idea of marriage and family has been bastardized. Marriage and family exist in the first place as a sort of buffer against the world. That is the reason early primates didn’t become solitary animals. Because they realized that the protection of the group had value. Romantic love as a reason for marriage is a recent notion and rather silly. The quiet old money families still understand this. So YES ABSOLUTELY, after raising a child, wiping their ass, feeding, clothing and educating them. I would hope they would have the decency to care for me in old age.

On a larger societal level it is the same. Social Security is going bust because feminist assh*oles aren’t having enough well-adjusted children necessary to keep the coffers filled up. There will also soon be a crisis of not enough care-takers to care for the aged and soon to be dying baby boomers. But they are the ones who fooled themselves into thinking the old family norms were of no value, it serves them all right to be left to die in abusive retirement homes.

15. Jenny says

I agree that a heart-surgeon is a valuable asset to society, but who is raising that heart surgeon? Where did he come from? Did he fall out of the sky? No he, most likely, is the product of at least a middle-class, two parent heterosexual household. Go read the statistics. What I say still stands. The foundation will always be the family. Nothing, not even political correctness and new social norms can change that. As for kindness that is subjective…I think there is nothing kind in living off other people’s hard-earned money. In fact, I think it is rather mean. I also find it rather mean to choose not to contribute to future generations, yet expect to be taken care of by young men and women in your old age.

16. says

Dear, sweet 23 year-old female Jenny (sure you’re not really a dude there, girl?), George Michael has already contributed more of value to the world than you ever will. He has talent. Talent is rare. The ability to conceive children is the most banal thing in the world. And if you want your gay children to care for your ass in old age, you best change that attitude, or they’ll lock you up in some nasty home for the homophobic elderly and throw away the key.

Now, shoo and go find a stud to mate with before your looks are gone (you know that trolling on gay sites makes you ugly, right?), if they aren’t already.

17. anna says

Jenny:

Believing there is value in family and believing people without children have no value are two different things.

The last line you wrote above was very hateful. I hope you grow out of this way of looking at the world and other people.

18. Jenny says

I’m not some pathetic tran*y. I am in fact, a woman, but believe whatever you wish. I have no desire to have children just yet. However, I hope to in my early 30’s. And I certainly do not intend to have sex before my wedding night. I know the 23 year old virgin doesn’t exist among your milieu but we do exist. I read gay blogs because gays are in the news 24/7 since the whole SCOTUS thing, and I wanted to see what all this madness was about. So far, all I see is a lot of shallowness. I am not the most religious person in the world, I do believe in evolution and God.

19. Jenny says

20. ChristopherM says

Jenny, if you think we are so useless to society, what are doing on this site? Because frankly I can’t think of someone more useless than a dumb little girl who spends her days on gay websites judging people. What exactly are you contributing to society? Not a bloody thing it appears.

21. iban4yesu says

Jenny the Jerk-y,
    have you ever heard of women in their twenties getting ovarian cancer? and should we happy if you give birth serial killers? some children kill their monster moms! The posibilities are endless. so think before you open that vile trap!

22. Jenny says

I come from pretty strong genetic stock. My great grand-mother lived to be 101 years old. She died last June, 3 weeks after her birthday. No cancers in the family so far and both my grand-mothers are in their late seventies. I stay away from cigarettes, alcohol and coffee since it is against my religion. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, as are my parents. And NO we are not all just a bunch of stepford wives and baby making machines. I am studying pharmacology.

23. Jack M says

Jenny, why didn’t you say you were a Mormon at the start? We understand you now.

And, BTW, I don’t think good Mormons should be viewing a website like this.

24. Jenny says

There is no rule against Latter Day Saints viewing websites like this. I read this website and others for educational purposes. I do not look at Lesbian sites. As a woman, I do not think I will be tempted to become a gay man.

25. Chuck says

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny…you are one screwed up young heterosexual. What is really pathetic about your comments is the unbridled hate and stupidity you express with such certainty. Life will not be kind to you Jen and why should it be?

26. Chicklets says

Jenny- Please realize that at 23 you do not have all the answers. Your logic is very naive. There is nothing selfish about not wanting to have children. It IS, however, very selfish of YOU to breed soley for the purpose of creating life so they can take care of YOU when you are old. Talk about shallow!

27. Jenny says

To Chicklets — I never said it was the sole reason. I believe in eternal family and that it is the duty of all of us who can to have children. However, one of the practical reasons that the human animal reproduces, is so that the young can indeed take care of their old.

28. sugarrhill says

Jenny, at 23, aren’t you a bit long in the tooth to not be a mother as a person of Mormom faith? Or are you jsut another alias of Jason?

29. says

I’m going to let you in on a valuable secret, Jenny, just this once, so listen closely: all homophobes have gay children. The ones you see blabbing away their dinosaur views on TV, all with gay children. It’s a divine form of karma. Children who grow up and get revenge on their despicable parents. And, nowadays, as homophobia becomes unacceptable, even straight children won’t tolerate it, nor will any respectable place of employment. So, basically, you’re finished before you start.

You’re welcome. Now, off you go, dear, back to the birthing farm.

30. Paulie says

And what if Jenny can’t breed? Better get them ovaries checked out, girl! You know, to make sure you have value.

31. Randy says

Hi, Jenny. Here’s the thing. You’re not a woman, you’re not a mother.

You’re some seriously damaged guy, probably middle-aged, who’s bitter, angry and either misses sucking cock or missed out on sucking cock.

What’s pathetic is your Norman Bates-level impersonation of a judgemental woman. Get a life, dude!

32. Cyndi says

Speaking of heart surgeons Jenny, my favorite to work with in the OR (probably my favorite of the many I’ve worked with over the yrs) was indeed raised by an upper middle class, two parent family. They are wonderful people, probably the two nicest MEN I’ve ever met! (did anyone see *that* coming!?)
    Jenny, I’m a straight, married woman with a beautiful 18 y.o. daughter. One day I’ll probably be a Grandmother as well. My husbands youngest brother is gay btw. We taught our daughter to be kind and nice to everyone and two of her best friends since 5th grade came out to her a in jr high. She gets it! She understood at 14 that love should be unconditional and without prejudice. When will YOU get it Jenny?
    With your attitude, and so young I doubt you’ll end up being a wife,mother, Gmother if you don’t change. Because no one would want to be around you long enough to think about marrying you. Unless you find someone as despicable and bigoted as yourself, and if you do please don’t procreate. We don’t need anymore nasty asses like you on this earth. But, if you do I pray he/she/they aren’t gay because I doubt you could put your homophobic fears aside. Even for your child.

33. Cyndi says

Ernie-
    Thanks for the kind words. (o= I was loving some of your posts as well. My favorite was the homophobic karma by having gay children. Lol. Seriously though, I’d hate to think of any child having to live and deal with parents like that. You know they wouldn’t be accepting of them, and off to pray-the-gay-summer-camp.
    Just. Ugh! :o/

34. nocalblkbear says

I am sorry to hear that George Michael was involved in an accident. I hope he heals quickly. There have been a lot of post in response to Jenny. Personally, I feel I have to prove
    my legitimacy as a human to someone who is just a provocateur. Her opinion is just her opinion and it has nothing to do with my value as a human being or a gay man, that is internal. I would rather share love and support