Nature | News

Some Very Close-Up Footage of a Grizzly Bear: VIDEO

Grizzly

Including dental exams.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Shot on a GoPro camera bin Alaska by a videographer shooting for the BBC. Turn on the HD.

Comments

1. Totally cool!

Posted by: MarkRocks | May 17, 2013 1:26:10 PM

2. The camera must have been covered in bear-spit. Yuck.

Posted by: gr8guyca | May 17, 2013 1:58:21 PM

3. Can you imagine one of those things actually eating you? You're pinned to the ground, and those teeth are gnawing on your face, your belly, and any place else. You are witnessing slowly your own death--up close and personal.

Posted by: tjones | May 17, 2013 2:00:47 PM

4. The words "apex predator" are burned into my brain after watching this.

Posted by: MikeMick | May 17, 2013 2:31:06 PM

5. There's just something primal and basic about the thought process here:

"Hmmm...this is interesting. I wonder what it is...

"I think I'll eat it!"

It's such a basic attitude. Even human babies do this. How often do we have to tell babies, "No! Don't put that in your mouth!"

Posted by: Rrhain | May 17, 2013 3:06:32 PM

6. Well, lucky for the bird (and the camera guy) that this bear isn't exactly the best hunter.

Posted by: Paul R | May 17, 2013 3:13:09 PM

7. "How often do we have to tell babies, 'No! Don't put that in your mouth!'"

Not just babies. I was full grown when for years every Saturday the good Lord told me the same thing.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 17, 2013 3:15:14 PM

8. These nature clips reveal a lot about the shy Mr. Towle. Does everyone know he had a birthday on May 15th? Don't bother wishing him one. He's invisible.

Posted by: Roady | May 17, 2013 3:43:51 PM

9. These nature clips reveal a lot about the shy Mr. Towle. Does everyone know he had a birthday on May 15th? Don't bother wishing him one. He's invisible.

Posted by: Roady | May 17, 2013 3:43:53 PM

10. Happy Birthday, Andy. I hope you live to be older than David Hagatha Hearne. On another thread the b.tch told us that she attended a Quaker elementary school 300 years ago.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 17, 2013 3:51:00 PM

11. If Andy can pull off nature boy at this age, I want the name of his eye cream. :)

Posted by: Garth | May 17, 2013 4:42:05 PM

12. NOM NOM NOM NOM

Posted by: scooternva | May 17, 2013 7:52:20 PM

13. I once had to do a land survey in big bear country Alaska and as I walked through the head high grass I chanted loudly, "Go away bears, I don't want to meet you". I never did, I never want to.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 18, 2013 12:05:19 AM