Comments

1. james says

Google Glass reminds me of a Star Trek: Next Gen episode in which a similar device, a game, turned the entire crew into submissive bowls of jelly, ready to be taken over by a hostile force. Except for Wesley, who reactivated Data just in time to save the day! I know I’m right. You can Google it to be sure.

2. Robert says

I love how there’s already such a jaded, dismissive response to Google Glass. Simply from diehard Mac nerds who are trying to find a way to pretend they wouldn’t be drooling all over this if it had an Apple logo on the side.

3. Butch says

I’m predicting they’ll fall into a niche much like Bluetooth – some people find Bluetooth useful, others feel that talking into the air makes you look like your meds should be adjusted.

4. disgusted american says

Posted by: james | May 16, 2013 11:33:58 AM

wasnt that the episode with ashley judd..? when they were playing that game with what looked liek spinning tops…while wearing those glass thingys….

5. mickyflip says

So what exactly does it take for someone to own a Google Glass? The same thing it takes for everything else. Whether a smart phone, car, guns, etc. It’s called common sense. To know when to take off the glasses. When to have them on. When it’s proper to use it.

We’re at a crossroads, everyone. Economically, socially, technologically. You name it. Change is happening right now. This is one of the harbingers of change bringing in a new era. I have no issue with these glasses at all. In fact, I’m looking forward to it. Note, though, I expect everyone to have the same common sense regarding them as everyone else with other things. But if I see someone who’s ‘handicapped’ that needs this for ‘their benefit’. (Meaning they can’t take them off.) I have no issue with that. They’re not being rude. This device would probably help them in ways we’re not clear about.

6. Rrhain says

@mickyflip: Precisely. Context is everything. I can think of lots of places where a device like Glass would be wonderful. I do a lot of running and it would be nice to have a pair of sunglasses that had voice activation to run my tracking app (tell it to start, pause, stop, show my trail, monitor my speed, start music, etc.)

I ride a motorcycle, too. How nice to have a HUD GPS.

There are plenty of places where having a voice-activated HUD that interfaces with your handcomp would be useful.

But you have to know when to take it off.

7. guest15424563 says

Here’s my solution to those types (and there is no way that I will ever use this hunk of junk myself): No shirt, no shoes, no service. Google Glass, no service.

Take the things off and store them far away if you wish to do business with me.