News: Lauryn Hill, Maine, Dan Savage, Facebook, James B. Comey

RoadFacebook's 'ping' alert sound is actually made up of the notes F-A-C-E.

MaineRoadMaine's highest court orders NOM to turn over donor names.

RoadHow about a nice, refreshing, ranch dressing soda?

RoadBrooklyn man Jabbar Campbell found not guilty of assault charges during police raid on his Gay Pride party.

RoadGrenada Senate president urges reconsideration of sodomy laws: "Sen. Lawrence Joseph says 'the day is fast approaching' when Grenada and other socially conservative countries in the English-speaking Caribbean will need to amend anti-sodomy laws to 'fall in line with the mainstream.'"

RoadNews Corp launching social network to compete with LinkedIn.

RoadElton John and family are in Venice for the Biennale.

RoadDan Savage on the perspective he has on his sex advice column as a parent: "It has changed me a little bit. I've been getting letters from teenagers who are 14, 15 and 16 years old, and sexually active, and with questions or problems, and I would give them advice, and now when I get a letter from a 15-year-old I look at my son, who's 15, and I think, `You're too young to be reading my column, you're too young to be in this situation.'"

RoadObama nominates former Bush official James B. Comey to head the FBI.

RoadRicky Martin hits the recording studio in Sydney.

GhoshRoadIndia's gay, film community suffers loss: "Rituparno Ghosh, the flamboyant film director and one of the very few openly homosexual figures in Indian cinema, died Thursday at the age of 49 of a massive heart attack at his residence in his native Kolkata in Bengal."

RoadSecret room from WWII found in home in Norway.

RoadGay Campbell, California Mayor Evan Low invited to host blood drive in which he's banned from participating: “I am conflicted. I want to support the Red Cross, but because of the FDA discriminatory ban, gay men are prohibited from donating blood. Even though the blood is tested. I want to support the community with blood donations, but I will not tolerate organizations discriminating any group of people. What would you do?”

RoadBeyoncé's yearbook photos have hit the internet.

RoadIt Don't Mean a Thing: Glee's Matthew Morrison debuts music video.

RexRoadTyrannosaurus Rex invades greatest wedding photo ever.

RoadLauryn Hill's lyrics contain homophobic undertones, some say: "The ex-Fugees singer's first single in over a decade, 'Neurotic Society,' is raising eyebrows among LGBT activists and other commentators for some lyrics that appear to take aim at 'girl men,' 'drag queens' and 'social transvestism' as part of a broadside railing against that which has caused a 'neurotic godless society.'"

RoadRobbie Rogers cheered in road debut.

RoadDavid Mixner has five questions for Lance Bass. "My greatest joy in coming out is being able to live my life openly and honestly. With every entertainer that lives their lives honestly bring us closer and closer in helping bridge the gap for gay acceptance in the industry. There is a limited amount of jobs in this industry for gays. The majority of the jobs go to straight people in tv, film and music to appease Middle America. I don't think our industry is homophobic, but we have to keep Middle America happy as they are a HUGE group that watches TV and movies and listen to music."

Comments

1. That hidden room is called an attic. Dunno. Very common where I live. I have one of my own. I use it to store misc. sh*t. We have these other rooms called cellars or basements. They're pretty cool [literally and figuratively], located below ground. Got a furnace, washing machine and dryer in mine. It's 90 degrees here in Boston today, and my basement is beautifully cool. On freezing winter days it's very toasty from the heat given off by the furnace.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 30, 2013 4:14:38 PM

2. I'd buy one carton Ranch Dressing Soda just to have it. For people who lose a bet.

Posted by: MIke | May 30, 2013 4:27:45 PM

3. You can't read the news corp social network story without paying a subscription.. no thanks. What's the point of putting links behind pay walls on here anyways?

Posted by: kiki | May 30, 2013 4:43:06 PM

4. "That hidden room is called an attic. Dunno. Very common where I live. I have one of my own. I use it to store misc. sh*t. We have these other rooms called cellars or basements. They're pretty cool [literally and figuratively], located below ground. Got a furnace, washing machine and dryer in mine. It's 90 degrees here in Boston today, and my basement is beautifully cool. On freezing winter days it's very toasty from the heat given off by the furnace."

Why, Rat, you sound almost "folksy". You could have you own Home & Garden show on some cable network. The first episode would be titled, "A Man And His Basement".

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 30, 2013 4:57:04 PM

5. "A Troll and His Basement" would be more accurate.

Posted by: ripper | May 30, 2013 5:01:53 PM

6. "'A Troll and His Basement'would be more accurate."

Well, Ripper, I didn't want to start any trouble, but my first thought for a title was "A Rat and His Cellar". I'm not sure that would attract many viewers.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 30, 2013 5:07:42 PM

7. I haven't noticed the Fugees since the 90s. Haven't they always been homophobic?

Posted by: Randy | May 30, 2013 5:11:10 PM

8. Excuse me? It's NOT an 'attic', moron...they walk through the attic, push on a flap of wood designed to mimic the underside roof timbers, slide in on their asses and THEN find the room.

Your sniveling little comments are, as usual, 100% off the mark and smacks of delighted yet casual anti-semitism, you smarmy piece of crap.

Now eat that for lunch, Troll.

Posted by: james | May 30, 2013 5:53:14 PM

9. Kiki would make a great street beggar.

Posted by: Jay | May 30, 2013 6:32:46 PM

10. That stupid tax-evading bittch Lauren Hill can suck my d!ck. Have fun in jail, you bankrupt loser.

Posted by: sean | May 30, 2013 8:56:59 PM

11. Lauren Hill is bat sh*t cra-cra. Maybe she can team up with Amanda Bynes on her new "rap" record!

Posted by: Chicklets | May 30, 2013 9:33:22 PM

12. Lauren, Lauren, Lauren! Girl! Pay da Man! You will not get away from da Man! Pay him to end this madness! Oh, and you suck...badly. On second thought, just keep ignoring those IRS letters...probably junk mail. Aren't you the goof who used to sing with a bath towel wrapped around your head? What happened, left the relaxer on too long? Bite me, you human POS. Better yet, rot in prison paying your debt to da Man! As for the state of Maine, I love you. Not just your toothpicks, I love you, man, in a most manly way! :) I would LOVE to see that donor list they have been sitting on for all those years...why shouldn't they be released? I want to know who I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN, and I want to know what businesses are listed. So happy the Maine Supreme Court forced their crooked, bigoted hand. Good. Now the truth will be told.

Posted by: millerbeach | May 31, 2013 5:03:34 AM

13. Thanks Jay. Maybe you can be my first donor ;)

Posted by: kiki | May 31, 2013 8:26:28 AM

14. Lauryn Hill? Really? The one hit wonder from 20 years ago? Shouldn't she be working the state fair circuit?

I really don't care what she says or thinks. It sounds like she needs to be lumped in with homophobic nut job preachers and politicians. Next!

Posted by: Eric | May 31, 2013 9:54:15 AM

15. rat, what you missed (if you actually followed the link and looked at the pictures) is that there was a hidden room behind one of the attic's walls. Until it was opened, the room was unnoticed since WWII. Glad to hear you've got an attic, though. It's better than a closet, as you probably know very well.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 31, 2013 11:16:44 AM

16. Why do so many people not like Ratbastard? I think he is interesting as well as provocative. HE (or "It") spices up any comment logs "he" (?"SHE") decides to participate in. Too many blogs are nothing but sleep producers.

Posted by: Jerry6 | May 31, 2013 9:34:08 PM