Ellen DeGeneres | Neil Patrick Harris | News

Neil Patrick Harris Describes the Amazing Gift David Burtka Gave Him for His 40th Birthday: VIDEO

Nph

Feel guilty all you gay significant others out there. You're not doing nearly enough!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He used to be good at telling stories.

Posted by: HKfCA | May 9, 2013 6:14:41 PM

2. NPH is a doll.
    He and David Burtka are amazing together.

Happy Birthday Neil

Posted by: JONES | May 9, 2013 6:15:49 PM

3. Does this mean that Neil has stopped cheating on him?

Posted by: keating | May 9, 2013 6:21:32 PM

4. @keating- there's been rumors of cheating by both guys- and each has denounced them, stating how horrible the people are who start them.

Geez- we're not all happy all the time, and we're not all wealthy like they are, but can you stop trolling for once and be happy- or at least leave it alone?

Posted by: scott | May 9, 2013 6:43:35 PM

5. This clip is the first time I've found the usually charming Neil boring.

Posted by: Ken | May 9, 2013 6:45:18 PM

6. @Scott
    Agree,I think none of them are cheating. I'm so tired of people just starting or spreading rumors. Especially on things they can not possibly know anything about. I think they are one of the few openly gay couple that regularly posed together on the red carpet, give interviews together. Most other openly gay couples, don`t do that. they both have my gratitude and respect. They should haveshow the whole clip, it was amazing!

Posted by: nn | May 9, 2013 6:58:07 PM

7. @Scott

Posted by: nn | May 9, 2013 6:58:08 PM

8. My husband . . . should I have one . . . should expect infinitely less for his birthday.

Posted by: Alan | May 9, 2013 6:59:13 PM

9. >>>He used to be good at telling stories.

One can only imagine what you've never been good at.

Quite a long list, I suspect.

(And the KfC in your name...is that your employer?)

Posted by: Josh | May 9, 2013 7:41:04 PM

10. Neil & David have ruined traditional marriage. Now EVERYONE will want to be gay married like them.

Posted by: Cal | May 9, 2013 7:41:52 PM

11. Sometimes, people say things who know things.

Posted by: keating | May 9, 2013 7:42:03 PM

12. My husband...should I have one...had already missed my 40th birthday!!!

Posted by: Mitch | May 9, 2013 7:51:10 PM

13. Sometimes media, reports that they've broken up. Most recently a couple of months ago. But hey the last one must been pretty awkward… considering they where on a cruise together at the time. But all the media said they had broken up.

Posted by: larson | May 9, 2013 7:58:16 PM

14. Keating and the Media don't know S**T from Shinola! So keating: Kindly shut the F*** up,you know absolutely nothing. You are bitter,bitchy,and hateful just like the other 92 percent of towleroad commenters.

Posted by: Audi-owner | May 9, 2013 8:03:58 PM

15. Somebody has OCD. Imagine the layers of guilt if Neil ever cheats. Even Ellen looked bored.

Posted by: ED | May 9, 2013 8:07:38 PM

16. @ ED:

You must have total recall of all things imaginary!

Posted by: Audi-owner | May 9, 2013 8:09:58 PM

17. While those of us who don't have massive wealth will be happy with a sheet cake.

Posted by: greenfuzz | May 9, 2013 9:39:46 PM

18. Ellen's foot is the giveaway. Lesbians don't have a lot of patience for this tedium. Maybe Anne Heche did the same thing.

Posted by: ED | May 9, 2013 9:47:16 PM

19. It must be nice to be rich..

Posted by: adam | May 9, 2013 9:57:52 PM

20. Awesome for them. If they cheat on each other, who cares, as long as they protect themselves. Even though Burka strikes me as someone who would go mad with jealousy, but that means nothing either.
    Whatever, people should work MORE in being happy and making OTHERS happy instead of spilling bile on those who are. The best way to show failure in life is resenting the happiness of others

Posted by: SayTheTruth | May 9, 2013 10:15:23 PM

21. Looks like desperation time on a major scale.

Posted by: Jake | May 9, 2013 10:16:53 PM

22. Yes there's a ton of desperation in Towleroad comments today.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 9, 2013 10:24:14 PM

23. Desperation? Just jabber.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 9, 2013 10:57:47 PM

24. NPH is very hit-or-miss in interviews. This was a snoozefest.

Then again, Ellen is very bad at feigning interest when the guest is boring. She puts on this big goofy grin.

Posted by: Sam | May 9, 2013 10:59:12 PM

25. All I could think of the whole time he was telling this story was "...but where were the kids during all this?" Ah, parenthood. You can't just jet set around the country anymore without making other arrangements first!

Posted by: Harrison | May 9, 2013 11:31:02 PM