Jon Stewart | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jon Stewart Flips Out at the Fuel Obama and the IRS Have Supplied to the 'Tinfoil Behatted': VIDEO

Bo_js

Jon Stewart offered his take on the IRS controversy, shredding Obama for giving a reason for living to the Tea Party conspiracty theorists.

"This has, in one seismic moment, shifted the burden of proof from the tinfoil behatted to the government!"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Hope and change. Change you can believe in. No more wars. Gitmo shut down. Your taxes will not rise. 'Free' healthcare, just like Canada! Wall St will be re-regulated. An end to the drug war. A rest from the GW administration. I'm a 'progressive' black man [well, 1/2 black]. Trust me, I'm not like the others.

Sincerely,

B.H. Obama

Posted by: ratbastard | May 14, 2013 10:15:17 AM

2. It's such a shame that we have such a weak, vacillating president. :-(

Posted by: Delonjo | May 14, 2013 10:58:31 AM

3. The fact that conservatives are so stupid as to think Obama is responsible for this. Like he's out there nannying and issuing low-level directives like this? Come on!

Posted by: Jesse | May 14, 2013 11:00:17 AM

4. Idiots don't NEED fuel; they run on their own stupidity. Like many Towleroad commenters.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | May 14, 2013 11:01:11 AM

5. Since you like to post non gay-related political news, how about the Obama DOJ's intrusion into the First and Fourth Amendments by secretly going after AP phone records and conversations?

Posted by: Jack | May 14, 2013 11:16:37 AM

6. Sorry for the angry tone of my first post. I just get so angry whenever I see a black person, even a half-black person. My dad was killed from a night of extremely rough sex with a group of black men and losing him due to his love of power-bottoming is something I've never quite recovered from. As you can see it's messed me up royally.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 14, 2013 11:18:21 AM

7. Sorry for the angry tone of my first post. I just get so angry whenever I see a black person, even a half-black person. My dad was killed from a night of extremely rough sex with a group of black men and losing him due to his love of power-bottoming is something I've never quite recovered from. As you can see it's messed me up royally.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 14, 2013 11:18:21 AM

+++++++++++++++++++

This was posted by TR's resident uber troll, Mr. Raymond Miller of Toronto [google him, this attention wh*re is all over the map], AKA Little Kiwi. Whenever he reads something he disagrees with, he responds by going into b*tch mode with extremely offensive posts referencing people's mothers and fathers being raped by black men. Mr. Miller obviously has very serious mental health issues. You have 'free' heathcare in Canada, Mr. Miller, use it and get some psychiatric help.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 14, 2013 11:42:28 AM

8. @Jesse,

People like presidents deliberately don't want to be told about questionable and offensive things done in their name. It's called plausible deniability. He can legitimately claim he didn't know. What he did know was he placed political appointees in sensitive civil service positions of the federal government, knowing what they were there to do.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 14, 2013 11:45:03 AM

9. Ratbastard, nobody gives a flying f*ck what you have to say.

Posted by: Mikey | May 14, 2013 11:50:24 AM

10. @Mikey,

Says who? You? Who are you? Raymond Miller again?

Posted by: ratbastard | May 14, 2013 11:53:06 AM

11. Actually, Jack, thanks to our illustrious Patriot Act, the DOJ's actions are reprehensible, but legal.

Posted by: Gregoire | May 14, 2013 11:59:45 AM

12. The fact is most of these organizations shouldn't be awarded tax exempt status in the first place.

Posted by: Gerry | May 14, 2013 1:25:43 PM

13. I'm sure someone thought this was all a great idea. Technically, they could expand the disclosure requirements for all groups without congressional approval. Had they done that, and found groups in non-compliance, then it probably would have gone under the radar.

Posted by: anon | May 14, 2013 2:26:29 PM

14. This is a non-scandal by people who do not understand who the tax code works. Political organizations who have the primary purpose of partisanship are not entitled to 501(c)(4) status. They are not social welfare organizations. They may be entitled to 527 status. But they would then have to disclose funding information, which is why many try to illegally gain 501(c)(4) status. The IRS is absolutely right to target groups using "tea party" in their titles. That smacks of political partisan motivations, not social welfare motivations. This is all so ridiculous.

Posted by: Francois | May 14, 2013 2:31:20 PM

15. The day the supreme court said money is speech the IRS should have nullified every political organizations' tax exempt status.

Posted by: Garst | May 14, 2013 3:50:05 PM

16. Jack, in the video Jon Stewart talked about the AP wiretapping; I don't know why the headline didn't mention it.

Posted by: RedOnTheGreg | May 14, 2013 10:28:09 PM