I'm Gay | News

BigGayDeal.com

Was Your Coming Out Like This? - VIDEO

Righttime

An animation based on the London-based artist Hamish Steele's own experience.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via newnownext)

Comments

1. Almost exactly like that, yes.

Posted by: Fenrox | May 9, 2013 2:15:04 PM

2. LOL All my friends knew, I went to tell then and they where like "yea, we know" and me oohhh...ok...

Posted by: andrew | May 9, 2013 2:21:15 PM

3. adooooorable!

yes. that's how it was with nearly all my friends. radness.

although, it wasn't a *dismissive* "we know" - it was rather lovely. hugs all around. by bud Aaron was like "i'll go to Woody's with you if don't have anyone to go to a gaybar with"

and he did. and he was so damned cute he'd end up having guys buy us both beers :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 9, 2013 2:29:49 PM

4. "i'll go to Woody's with you if don't have anyone to go to a gaybar with"

You never mentioned you lived in Philly, Kiwi.

Unfortunately, I don't have a cute or dramatic coming out story.

When the doctor slapped my azz I said, "No, you didn't, Miss Thing!" Is that a coming out story?

Oh, the incident with the doctor was at birth--not my last prostate exam.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 9, 2013 2:39:29 PM

5. I didnt know that either I will be at woodys saturday night who is in?

Posted by: hotbeef | May 9, 2013 2:44:56 PM

6. My sister's response to my coming out to her was, "Duh!"

Posted by: nick | May 9, 2013 2:51:10 PM

7. Every guy I told was shocked. Every girl I told thought I was out, but just didn't talk about it.

Posted by: CMLion | May 9, 2013 2:56:31 PM

8. Like CMLion, most of my guy friends were shocked, but ALL of their wives/girlfriends had told them I was, already! HAHAHA!

Posted by: princely54 | May 9, 2013 3:02:00 PM

9. best towleroad post in years

Posted by: David in NYC | May 9, 2013 3:39:21 PM

10. most of my friends pretended like they didn't know. only the truly delusional were actually surprised.

Posted by: Joe | May 9, 2013 4:46:38 PM

11. Awesome video! A great take something that can be very awkward.

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | May 9, 2013 5:40:32 PM

12. Not all like what happened to me. My friends asked me where I got the hickies and I said "Chuck." Stunned silence, but I decided I didn't care what anyone else thought and it ended up not mattering.

Posted by: Patrick and Chuck | May 9, 2013 7:11:03 PM

13. my best friend, my brother, my sister all knew but their response was so calm and compassionateI I could tell they had considered how to respond. meant the world to me

Posted by: io | May 9, 2013 9:27:53 PM

14. Just like that. "I know". Then the next day he invite to go watch hockey at a bar with his friends because he felt bad for being so dismissive. My best friend ever since.

Posted by: Pepe | May 9, 2013 11:56:00 PM

15. "Oh you aren't either". Yes I am I said.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 10, 2013 1:08:12 AM

16. Most of my Christian friends were totally surprised, but my more liberal friends mostly knew. A lot of people have said they knew from the moment they met me.

Posted by: Justin | May 10, 2013 1:40:08 AM

17. Like others, nearly all the females knew or didn't care. The males were (strangely) surprised but totally accepting. And that was a while ago. All my brothers (4) had figured it out and didn't care.

Dying my hair and going to gay bars when I was 14 might have been clues.

Posted by: Paul R | May 10, 2013 7:00:33 AM

18. "Is it something about your sexuality?" - My mother's response when I started crying during a phone conversation with her. God that was a long time ago.

Posted by: D.R.H. | May 10, 2013 9:28:24 AM

19. The video just about sums it up.

Posted by: Clayton | May 10, 2013 3:35:37 PM