"Ex-Gays"

Christian Action League Head Compares Homosexuals And Squirrels

Gay squirrels

Right Wing Watch has uncovered perhaps the most bizarre condemnation of homosexuality since Pat Robertson compared gay marriage to sex with ducks. In a lengthy postmortem for the Christian Post on the demise of 'ex-gay' group Exodus Interational, Reverend Mark Creech exhibited his total ignorance of homosexuality by stating:

It's interesting that the concept of "sexual orientation" is based strongly upon one's feelings. How does one know that one is gay? Conventional wisdom says because of the way one feels. Numerous are the individuals who have said, "I've felt that I was gay since I was a child." But if one felt that he or she was a squirrel, would that qualify as proof that one was justified in risking life and limb by climbing trees and eating only nuts?

Rather than go for the low-hanging fruit of the painfully obvious joke about squirrels, gay men, and nuts, I will simply state that the Reverend is confusing homosexuals with otherkin, who are a completely unrelated identity. Stand by for Garfunkel & Oates to compose "I'm A Gay Squirrel."

Comments

1. Religion is a choice. And religious people choose to be assholes about it.

Posted by: yuninv | Jun 26, 2013 8:58:35 AM

2. Aren't there any intelligent Evangelical Christians? I guess the answer is obvious.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 26, 2013 9:13:22 AM

3. lol can i just say that if you ever want a good laugh and a heavy dose of second hand embarrassment, browse the otherkin tag on tumblr

Posted by: JMC | Jun 26, 2013 9:24:41 AM

4. Holy crap!

I spent my teen years in a tree house eating nuts, maybe I'm a squirrel.

What kind of nuts is he talking about?

Posted by: Tim S | Jun 26, 2013 9:32:54 AM

5. Isn't this the same arguement we will hear about gender identity? Won't they claim that this is the way HE made you and so just because you feel you are male or female won't matter because your genitalia determine your identity? These people live in a very small compartmentalized world so they can feel both safe and superior. Ambiguity is not a state of being that brings them any joy, only fear.

Posted by: barryearle | Jun 26, 2013 9:41:09 AM

6. Some of these antigay characters sure have a strange fixation with sex with animals. I do think many of them consider LGBT people less than human.

Posted by: john patrick | Jun 26, 2013 9:51:36 AM

7. I wholeheartedly disagree...except the part about the nuts.

Posted by: rocco11 | Jun 26, 2013 10:14:07 AM

8. I feel a t-shirt and bumper stickers coming on.

ANd thank god. Let's be squirrels, I am so tired of this bears, cubs, and whatever BS. Bears are only fat three months a year.

Posted by: David Hearne | Jun 26, 2013 11:43:39 AM

9. Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't.

Posted by: anon | Jun 26, 2013 12:31:26 PM

10. I love pistachios and macadamias and cashews. Does this mean I'm a squirrel?

Posted by: Rich | Jun 26, 2013 2:13:30 PM

11. It just goes to show how bad the thinking and reasoning of religionists are. Really bad!

No wonder they can believe that a fairy in the sky created them!

Posted by: DanCobb | Jun 26, 2013 3:27:30 PM