Film | Henry Cavill | Superheroes

Henry Cavill Exposes The Secret Behind Superman's Hairy Chest: VIDEO

Hairy_cavill

Man of Steel
actor Henry Cavill explains to Reelz' Viviana Vigil why his incarnation of Superman has a hairy chest. Hint: it has something to do with Doomsday.

More, AFTER THE JUMP

Superman

Comments

1. God, he's beautiful.

Posted by: Jonny | Jun 25, 2013 11:31:52 AM

2. God, that movie was terrible.

Posted by: Jesse | Jun 25, 2013 11:37:11 AM

3. Thanks for being a ray of sunshine for everyone this morning, Jesse.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 25, 2013 11:42:30 AM

4. It wasn't that bad at all. Was it the next Godfather? No. Was he the right choice for the role? I think so.

Posted by: J Y | Jun 25, 2013 11:50:28 AM

5. I liked the movie, especially Henry's bare chest scenes.

Posted by: chasmader | Jun 25, 2013 11:52:49 AM

6. Not a bad looking fellow.

Posted by: AdamK | Jun 25, 2013 11:58:37 AM

7. Mmm...I think I gotta go see the movie again.

Posted by: Martin Haro | Jun 25, 2013 11:58:41 AM

8. Super!
    But....how DOES Superman shave...?

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Jun 25, 2013 12:04:41 PM

9. Clearly an important topic that must be discussed. Nothing else news worthy is going on in the world apparently.

Posted by: ted | Jun 25, 2013 12:06:43 PM

10. This is the real true Superman; the previous attempts all look silly in comparison. See this one and then Netflix the others - you may be feeling nostalgic for no good reason.

Posted by: Les | Jun 25, 2013 12:10:51 PM

11. Um, is it weird that that illustration gave me a semi-chubby? I'm sadly not kidding.

Posted by: jeffy | Jun 25, 2013 12:18:32 PM

12. I loved the movie and I'm going to see it again today in IMAX. I thought the story was perfect and the action SUPER incredible.

The people who don't like the movie are either idiots or have no business watching a SUPERMAN movie.

And the hairy chest is HOT HOT HOT! Henry Cavill is achingly beautiful.

Posted by: Bobby | Jun 25, 2013 12:36:38 PM

13. In the comics he shaved by using his heat vision and a mirror. In a much older comic he used a sharp piece of wreckage from the ship that brought him to Earth.

Posted by: TL | Jun 25, 2013 12:52:53 PM

14. ted - then why bother wasting more of your precious time commenting on the article you clearly didn't feel worthy of attention.

I've spent a couple of years reading this blog - there is variety based on the interest of the readers AND the blogger. I enjoy science, I enjoy the articles related to science. I enjoy comics, I enjoy articles related to comics.

I don't enjoy negativity and over time I taught myself to stop reading the comments on any articles posted on Towleroad. Why? Because of the small group of people who negatively blast each and every post on the blog.

How about the 'chronically negative' people spending their time elsewhere, on topics they enjoy, in places they enjoy them? Practice a little self control and avoid what you don't like. And stop ruining my experience of a blog I generally enjoy!!

If you think you aren't going to enjoy an article -- don't read it. Don't waste your time. And don't further waste your time writing a comment that taints the experience for others who may indeed enjoy the article and wouldn't mind a little conversation about it.

The phrase, "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one but I probably don't care about yours" comes to mind. ;)

Posted by: iowan | Jun 25, 2013 1:16:52 PM

15. iowan - you said it perfectly. Thank you.

Posted by: Hawthorne | Jun 25, 2013 1:34:18 PM

16. I've seen all the Superman flicks starting with the ones starring the late Christopher Reeve. Personally, I liked this current one with Henry Cavill the best. Although I think Brandon Routh is a good-looking man, Henry Cavill is, well, stunning. I hope the success of this film will give new opportunities to be on the big screen.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jun 25, 2013 1:37:45 PM

17. I've been watching the Superman movie serial from the 1940's/1950's with Kirk Alyn. Wonderfully campy and cheesey, yet somehow involving. It's a nice contrast to the slicked up version (which I also liked and agree with the comments about Hairy Cavill...er...I mean, Henry Cavill. I know I'll be the object of a fatwa, but I didn't really like Christopher Reeve as Superman or Margot Kidder as Lois Lane....too cartoony.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 25, 2013 1:50:33 PM

18. Have just seen the movie and I loved it. Plus, I consider this man to be one of the most handsome of the world. Too much goodness in a movie to let it pass.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUTH | Jun 25, 2013 2:22:24 PM

19. Kinda weird that in the video he looks like he has shaved his chest...

Posted by: Gerry | Jun 25, 2013 2:28:10 PM

20. Here, here iowan. I always find it strange that people will waste their time complaining about what a waste of time fun/happy/sexy articles are. If you don't find it worthy of your time or news, then skip past it.

Me, I liked the movie a lot. Not sure why its getting so much mediocre/bad press. I thought it was very enjoyable. I guess I go in knowing its a superhero movie and expecting fun entertainment, not artistic brilliance or ingenious story lines.

Posted by: Brad | Jun 25, 2013 2:34:18 PM

21. Dude is stunning - gotta say it - with or without a hairy chest. NIce.

Posted by: norseman | Jun 25, 2013 3:26:55 PM

22. IF Disney IS GOING TO HAVE A gay character, "Superman" NEEDS TO HAVE A HAIRY CHEST. HAIRY CHESTS STILL REPRESENT, "MACHO;" BODY-SHAVERS, TAKE NOTE.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTONSTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 25, 2013 3:41:36 PM

23. Captain ALL-CAPS Cuckoo has spoken.

Posted by: ripper | Jun 25, 2013 3:44:20 PM

24. My husband and I went on a date to see Man of Steel. Two thumbs up on the hairy chest. We both enjoyed it very much. The story line was interesting. The acting was top rate. And surprisingly the special effects were very realistic, unlike most superhero movies we've watched. I could tell that a lot went into making this movie and it showed. There was only one downside and that was there was no real hero music like the last superman movie. don don don don, donnt a don.

Posted by: floridaguy727 | Jun 25, 2013 3:52:43 PM

25. I ASSUME "ripper" HAS BEEN GIVEN PROTECTION FROM ME LIKE, "Little Kiwi."

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTONSTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 25, 2013 4:03:16 PM

26. 1 2 »