BigGayDeal.com

NYPD Releases NEW Photos of Knicks Fans Wanted for Anti-Gay Attack Near Madison Square Garden

Knicksfans

Police released new surveillance photos on Monday of several men wanted for questioning with regard to the anti-gay attack on May 5 near Madison Square Garden during a Knicks game. There are reportedly four people of interest. One of these men is about 6-feet tall with brown hair and a tattoo on his left forearm.

Nick Porto and his partner Kevin Atkins were assaulted in the attack on Eightth Avenue between 34th and 35th street while the perpetrators called them "faggots". Atkins suffered a broken wrist in the attack. Porto's nose was broken.

Police had previously released other photos as well as footage.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.

Newphoto

Comments

1. your days are numbered, bigots.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 4, 2013 12:53:27 PM

2. They're just pissed because the Knicks suck.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 4, 2013 1:02:21 PM

3. Shocking. They look like upstanding citizens to me.

Posted by: sean | Jun 4, 2013 1:26:46 PM

4. There's definitely something going on with the young Latino men in NYC. I've lived here for 12 years and until last month never experienced homophobia. Now it's happened twice and all from 20-ish Latino men.

Someone should do a quick stats of the attackers because my money is on it being gang related.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 4, 2013 1:28:13 PM

5. What took so long? Why didn't they release these in the first place? They are much clearer. Hope they catch them.

Posted by: Lucas H | Jun 4, 2013 1:41:11 PM

6. There's definitely something going on with the young Latino men in NYC.

Michael,

Gay-bashers come in all shapes, sizes and colors--you know that. What they do share in common is stupidity and cowardice.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 4, 2013 1:42:17 PM

7. Yes, Derrick. You're right. They do.

But the reality is that the vast majority of the perpetrators lately in these NYC attacks are young latino and black males.

The vast majority.

I know you don't like to admit it, but it's true.

And as a person of color, I'm embarrassed by how much you throw out the race card and defend people who commit CRIMES.

Posted by: sean | Jun 4, 2013 2:04:57 PM

8. and the reason anti-gay prejudice and discrimination is still in the lawbooks in most States is because of Old Straight White Christians.

so yeah. trickle-down ecnomics is B.S. but trickle-down-bigotry is alive and well.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 4, 2013 2:08:06 PM

9. Derrick, quite rightly, blames these hate-crimes on the individuals responsible for them, and not on the ethnicity or cultural background of the perpetrators. Then sean comes along to accuse Derrick of using the 'race card.' wtf? That is argumentative tactic typical of Fox News..

Posted by: Akrontru | Jun 4, 2013 2:16:46 PM

10. "since ITS very beginning"

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 4, 2013 2:19:57 PM

11. Now, that's funny. My original reply to Sean disappeared, but my correction was posted.

Sean, our country has been playing the race card since ITS very beginning.

And you have never heard (read) me defending Gay-bashers....unless they get Rick.

As many times as my ass has been bashed verbally and physically...child please.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 4, 2013 2:24:49 PM

12. Also, Sean, last week Andy posted a news story about Gay men being murdered in anti-Gay killings in Russia. I can't recall you commenting on that. I guess the probable race of the killers didn't interest you.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 4, 2013 2:31:23 PM

13. Well part of it is that Latinos are coming out faster than any other ethnicity. So the straight ones need to show that not all are gay. Half of them wish they could but can't because of who they hang out with. I know one of them that was in a gang and would talk about how much they hate fags and at night he would come knocking on my window begging me to bend him over! Then the next day a gay guy pass them and they are yelling gay slurs.

Posted by: tilltheworldends | Jun 4, 2013 3:03:11 PM

14. And thank you, Akrontru.

Sean and I go back a ways now. He's been accusing me of "trolling" on issues of race. But every time there is an issue of interracial violence that Andy posts violence GUESS who show up first to comment? That's if the victim is White, of course. Here comes Sean and Rick/David Hearne.

Sean says he's of Korean American ancestry. Well, had he been of Chinese American ancestry he might understand what real opppression in America is. They were oppressed and lynched also--had actual laws passed against them.

Sean has had it good. Well, so have I, but I don't hate other ethnic/racial/religious groups....well, I do have a problem with Mormons, but I try to control it.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 4, 2013 6:10:16 PM

15. Obviously, you can't make blanket generalizations about any group of people, but when I am walking home at night and see groups of black or latino men walking in my direction, I walk across the street. Is it racist or paranoid? Maybe, but the truth is that any trouble I have ever received (verbal or physical)in the city has been from young black and latino men and I think many others will agree. Truth.

Posted by: tiko | Jun 5, 2013 12:30:50 AM

16. sean, I'm sorry but maybe you need to get your butt out of the house and out there to see that gay-bashers are for the most part white boys. In the last three weeks, I have been called "faggot" twice while walking around. Both times, by white boys. I live in NYC. So, unless you got any actual PROOF that it's only blacks and latinos doing the bashing, stfu. Please? Gay bashers come in all sizes and colours.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 5, 2013 10:54:24 AM