Christine Quinn | News | Thomas Roberts

BigGayDeal.com

Christine Quinn Talks Anti-Gay Hate, the Mayoral Race with MSNBC's Thomas Roberts: VIDEO

Quinn

NYC City Council Speaker Christine Quinn joined Thomas Roberts on MSNBC today to talk about the recent spate of anti-gay hate crimes in NYC and what the city is doing about it, her record as speaker, and the negative ads that special interest groups are running against her in the mayoral race.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_quinn

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. As a woman, Christine Quinn cannot begin to understand the oppression of gay men. In fact, women contribute to the oppression of gay men. I won't be voting for her.

Posted by: Adam | Jun 7, 2013 7:15:51 PM

2. I know I am supposed to vote for her, but by spearheading the repeal of twice-voter-supported term limits, she all but guaranteed that the billionaire mayor would buy his way to a 3rd term. She'll get my vote if she kills me and votes in my place.

Posted by: bravo | Jun 7, 2013 7:31:19 PM

3. Fighting gay hate. Good luck with that Christine. You want "in" any way you can.

Posted by: gb | Jun 7, 2013 7:43:32 PM

4. Geez, I can't believe some of you posters. You'll say anything to ensure gay people do not advance in our society. You're cutting your own throats as well as the throats of the rest of us. It isn't appreciated. 97% of Black people voted for Obama. Do you seriously believe 97% of Black people like the guy? No. They voted because they are a solid segment of our society - good or bad they make sure one of their own survives. The gay community, otoh, can't wait to slit each other's throats and roll them down the gutter. I'm disgusted because you are ensuring we will never be equal.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jun 8, 2013 12:00:20 AM

5. Black people voted for Obama because they agreed with him on the issues and because there hadn't been a black president before. There have been out gay mayors of major cities. Not voting for Chrisine Quinn will not retard the progress of gay rights, although voting for her because she is gay is something to consider. I also consider the many important issues which she is unfortunately on the wrong side of. If she gets the nomination I will vote for her, but there are better choices in the primary. I plan to vote for whichever of the better choices is ahead in the polls by then.

Posted by: emjayay | Jun 8, 2013 12:17:09 AM

6. EXACTLY! There have been gay mayors of many major and minor cities so Quinn's victory would not necessarily mean anything. So, once again, the analogy to African Americans FAIL. And FYI, the majority of AA (like most Americans) voted for him because he was the better candidate.

Posted by: Marty | Jun 8, 2013 2:03:15 AM

7. Dear "Adam" sir, your blatant and seemingly smug misogyny harkens back to the 1970's before the AIDS Epidemic when the untreated psychiatric issues of many gay men blamed all women for everything from their childhood stubbed toes to feeling guilty for being seen as "different" because your imposing parents and family demanded "girl & guy" photos to prove you were anything else in this world but (yuck) "gay!" Women, you prejudiced moron, have no responsibility for why you feel such unease with where you now find yourself in life. Please, be as silent as the dinosaurs when it comes to current topics whenever women are even tangentially related to any topic of modern discourse. In other words, ALWAYS keep your pie hole shut about women, you Smithsonian-class troglodyte of the past.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | Jun 8, 2013 3:00:19 AM

8. Tom Cardellino,

I don't care about pre-AIDS or post-AIDS. It's all the same to me.

By the way, I didn't catch AIDS. Wanna know why? Because I don't have sex with promiscuous sleazeballs, that's why.

Posted by: Adam | Jun 8, 2013 4:04:59 AM

9. Like Bloomberg, Christine Quinn is over-privledged and out of touch with reality.

Posted by: Kev C | Jun 8, 2013 5:41:06 AM

10. I'm happy to vote against Christine Quinn, not because she is gay (which I think is an asset), but because she enabled the repeal of term limits and the reelection of Mayor Bloomberg.

I endorse Christine Quinn as a gay. But not as mayor.

Posted by: bravo | Jun 8, 2013 7:54:59 PM