Fitness | News | Science

Scientific Secrets of the Gym and Muscle Growth: VIDEO

Muscles

Why do some guys bulk up easily while others struggle? The msucle-brains at ASAPScience explain.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What is this JUMP you always mention? It's a strange way to say scroll down a bit.

Posted by: Alan Shaw | Jun 13, 2013 1:30:21 PM

2. Two bits: First, the notice is on the main page but the video requires you to view the whole article. Thus, you have to "jump" to view the video.

Second, there's an ad between the end of the article and the video. In the copy editing world, this is known as a "jump" because the story jumps from one place to another.

Posted by: Rrhain | Jun 13, 2013 2:05:03 PM

3. Sheesh, I must have enough myostatin to sell off to some third world countries that need it. I should at least be able to make some money!

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 13, 2013 2:46:42 PM

4. Obviously people w/ low levels of myostatin naturally have an unfair advantage because life is unfair! Equal efforts do not always produce equal outcomes.

Posted by: anon | Jun 13, 2013 2:52:28 PM

5. Unfortunately Zlick, your income is diminished by my abundance of myostatin. Perhaps you've probably seen me on the beach getting sand kicked in my face? Lucky for me that never stopped me from standing up to bullies anyway.

Posted by: Marc C | Jun 13, 2013 2:54:40 PM

6. Of all the websites I visit, Towleroad seems to strain my work computer, home computer, or smart phone in terms of always seeming slowest to load of being busy loading something or having something not show up. Like this video. I went to the jump and just have a black box where the video should be ... on my work PC, and my home Mac. Sad times.

Posted by: Matt | Jun 13, 2013 3:22:03 PM

7. DONE. LIFTING. WEIGHTS.

Cardio from now on.

Posted by: David in NYC | Jun 13, 2013 3:24:16 PM

8. Love these science videos! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Vlad | Jun 13, 2013 3:36:23 PM

9. The 'secret' of those very well muscled gym rats and some pro, collegiate and even HS athletes, is called anabolic steroids.

Yes, I also like the science vids.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 13, 2013 4:01:56 PM

10. @ ratbastard

you are correct

the answer is steroids, steroids, and more steroids

Posted by: moz's | Jun 13, 2013 5:16:20 PM

11. Lots of jealous on here!....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jun 13, 2013 8:35:27 PM

12. how so alan?

Ive used roids and will cycle again in the future.

reality is that roids are used by many

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 13, 2013 9:39:37 PM

13. Um, Moz's, you do know you are slowly killing yourself with that poison, don't you? Aren't HGH better than 'roids and more effective, too? Next time, at least give us a chance to worship that muscle by posting a pic! LOL Seriously, lay off the 'roids. They kill you.

Posted by: millerbeach | Jun 14, 2013 3:27:25 AM