Film | Henry Cavill | News | Superheroes

The New 'Man of Steel' Trailer is the Most Epic Yet: VIDEO

3_steel

Not sure how much more the appetite can be whetted for more Man of Steel, but this trailer manages to do so.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

4_steel

Comments

1. If only Russell Crowe wasn't in it.

Posted by: Edd | Jun 6, 2013 8:52:22 PM

2. It looks promising. Generally I'm pretty tired of superhero action flicks but I'll always have a soft spot for Superman. Nobody can ever truly fill Christopher Reeve's shoes though.

Posted by: matt | Jun 6, 2013 9:15:25 PM

3. But dark theme super heroes flicks are the rage this days.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | Jun 6, 2013 9:27:02 PM

4. More Amy Adams!
    More Diane Lane!
    And definitely more Antje Traue!

Heck, I'll even take more of the lady playing "Jenny Olsen."

Posted by: Gay man who loves strong women. | Jun 6, 2013 9:49:10 PM

5. @Edd

"If only Russell Crowe wasn't in it".

My thought as well. However, I think the rest of the casting is great, so I'll see it, despite Russell Crowe.

Posted by: ian | Jun 6, 2013 10:02:55 PM

6. They spent $225 million and couldn't afford a tripod?

Posted by: Joseph | Jun 6, 2013 10:08:44 PM

7. Such a :) this is opening in Peru where I am these days on June 13. Cannot. Wait.

Posted by: Martin Haro | Jun 6, 2013 10:48:09 PM

8. @Joseph, ROFL! Not a huge fan of the shakey-cam effect either. Movie still looks really good.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Jun 6, 2013 11:06:18 PM

9. Why is everything always referred to as "epic"? This looks epically overproduced with Superman rushing from one trumped-up subplot to another. All the special effects & so little imagination.

Posted by: will | Jun 6, 2013 11:41:40 PM

10. I am suffering from CGI-fatigue, but we'll see. "Oblivion" and "After Earth" have bombed. Early reviews of "World War Z" have not been good. The luster may be off of the blockbuster.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jun 6, 2013 11:44:48 PM

11. So cannot wait to see this. Henry Cavill is perfectly cast as Superman.

Posted by: TruthSerum | Jun 7, 2013 12:28:20 AM

12. Did this open already?

Posted by: colin | Jun 7, 2013 1:42:26 AM

13. @ Edd

"If only Russell Crowe wasn't in it."

But does he sing? If he sings, that pushes it from just-don't-go, all the way to Terror Status Red and send-the-kids-out-of-town-and-picket-the-theater.

Posted by: SC David | Jun 7, 2013 3:54:46 AM

14. A very handsome face. I loved him in The Immortals, but then, he walked through that entire picture wearing nothing but a loincloth.

Posted by: Christopher | Jun 7, 2013 7:18:07 AM

15. Honestly, it looks like every other movie that's been released for the last couple of years. I've found most of them to be incredibly tedious and empty. Don't see any difference here.

Posted by: Rikon Snow | Jun 7, 2013 8:01:21 AM

16. I was so excited about this (love Henry Cavill) until I saw Amy Adams is in it. Ugh.

Posted by: Pete | Jun 7, 2013 8:11:56 AM

17. Looks great. Henry Cavill can come and rescue me to his strong arms any day (or night) he wants.
    I first met this dark realism united with sci-fi in Battlestar Galactica.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 7, 2013 8:21:17 AM

18. And looks like Towleroad is once again only too happy to be a shill.

Posted by: Butch | Jun 7, 2013 8:38:23 AM

19. I'm so happy for Henry Cavill. I've had my eye on him ever since the Count of Monte Christo, and at one point he was the 'unluckiest Man in Hollywood', being down to the last 2 when casting Cedrik Diggory in Harry Potter, Edward Cullen in Twilight (both of which went to the frankly wierd-looking Robert Pattinson), Superman in Superman Returns, and apparently it was between Cavill and Daniel Craig for Casino Royal. There are also rumours he was nearly cast as Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins. So glad he has finally caught a break. (I also think he is a shoe-in to take over when Daniel Craig hangs up the Tuxedo).

Posted by: Peter Hargmier | Jun 7, 2013 8:47:23 AM

20. ""Oblivion" and "After Earth" have bombed. Early reviews of "World War Z" have not been good. The luster may be off of the blockbuster."

Nope. Iron Man 3, Star Trek, and Fast & Furious 6 are huge hits. Blockbusters are doing just fine. It's the movie star that's gone out of fashion. Tom Cruise and Will Smith can't be counted on to carry movies any longer.

Posted by: ripper | Jun 7, 2013 8:59:53 AM

21. The Christopher Nolanization of American Pop Culture continues -- we now get Dark Gritty Bummed Out SUPERMAN after Dark Gritty Bummed out BATMAN.

Next Up: Dark Gritty Bummed Out LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: EDDIE HASKELL'S REVENGE!! With a cast of English Actors! And Thudding Percussion Soundtrack! And directed by Zack Snyder!

Posted by: Roscoe | Jun 7, 2013 9:13:22 AM

22. I'm kind of interested in seeing this but my concern is with the director. "300" and the "Dawn of the Dead" remake were two of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 7, 2013 9:26:45 AM

23. I'm seeing a lot of slam-bang mayhem, but the previous trailer (with Kevin Costner) seemed to create more of an emotional mood--what it's like to be a boy who's been orphaned, and doesn't know how to fit in, and is unsure what his gifts mean. When I think of the '78 "Superman," I don't immediately focus on Lex Luthor and his schemes and the protracted disasters at the end of the movie; I think of Christopher Reeve's masterful performance, and his chemistry with Margot Kidder especially in their interview/flight scene. I'm reserving judgement on this until I read some reviews.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 7, 2013 10:21:59 AM

24. @Joe

..but Watchmen is brilliant.

Posted by: Peter Hargmier | Jun 7, 2013 10:23:32 AM

25. Oh wow, yet another trailer. They lost me at the "Official NOKIA Trailer." (I'm not making that up.) Enough already. You'd think the Rapture was happening. Just show the damn movie, please.

Posted by: Micklest | Jun 7, 2013 10:55:37 AM