Neil Patrick Harris | News

Here's Neil Patrick Harris's Showstopping Opening Number from the 2013 Tony Awards: VIDEO

Tonys_nph

Neil Patrick Harris, Mike Tyson, and the cast of Broadway's top shows brought down the house with a magical opening number at tonight's Tony Awards.

Check it ou, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Killed it. Bravo.

Posted by: Aron | Jun 9, 2013 10:45:36 PM

2. *Swoon*

How can anyone not love this man?

Posted by: Rick in Cincinnati | Jun 9, 2013 10:54:39 PM

3. I've replayed him jumping through the "Pippin" hoop over and over. I still can't believe it.

Posted by: Jamie in Las Vegas | Jun 9, 2013 11:18:49 PM

4. love it!

Posted by: Reality | Jun 9, 2013 11:22:15 PM

5. This seemed a very mediocre "showstopper". I did like the Macklemore-like rapping, but nothing stood out. I've pretty much forgotten it already.

Posted by: will | Jun 9, 2013 11:28:38 PM

6. Amazing.

Posted by: yuninv | Jun 9, 2013 11:30:52 PM

7. Just a note - after the number and the costume change NPH was sporting quite the peen outline. We were watching on a plasma 54" and everyone in the room couldn't miss it. Thank you NPH! :-)

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jun 9, 2013 11:36:24 PM

8. NPH is an incredible host. He didn't miss anything.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Jun 9, 2013 11:38:42 PM

9. To Mike Ryan: LOL I too noticed the 'outline', and I was watching it on an iPad (!)...;)

Posted by: Max | Jun 10, 2013 1:01:34 AM

10. That, friends, is what they call star quality.

Posted by: SC David | Jun 10, 2013 1:13:48 AM

11. Give that man an Emmy for hosting the Tony's.
    AND.....let him host then next Oscar show!

ALL the musical numbers were excellent too bad ticket prices to these shows are outrageous.

Posted by: Max F. Grump | Jun 10, 2013 1:53:08 AM

12. The number with Neil, Andrew Rannells, Megan, and Laura I think was a better one -- light & funny, not as bland as the opening showstopper:

Posted by: will | Jun 10, 2013 1:56:47 AM

13. We get it Will, you weren't impressed. Thanks for your two cents. Don't you have milk to sour or baby kittens to depress or something?

Posted by: RJP | Jun 10, 2013 2:05:48 AM

14. LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM!

I actually wish I WAS NPH!

Posted by: J.R | Jun 10, 2013 2:08:20 AM

15. Niel Patrick Harris makes me proud to be in the same community as him. One of the most talented men in Hollywood.

Posted by: USC TRojans Fan | Jun 10, 2013 2:08:50 AM

16. God I love NPH. Everything about him. This was incredible!

Posted by: Damon | Jun 10, 2013 2:09:08 AM

17. This guy represents why I stopped watching reality t.v. No joke. I watched NPH in an interview discussing all the work he does and I realized I need to support the arts. And true artists like him. I stopped watching my useless reality t.v trash and started watching more sitcoms, attending plays, reviewing worthy films.

Thanks for all you do for the arts, NPH.

Posted by: IonMusic | Jun 10, 2013 2:11:32 AM

18. He's a family man. A brilliant performer. Funny. Smart. Can act, sing, dance, perform, and make anyone smile. And he's got a rescue dog, two adorable kids, and a beautiful man by his side. NPH is everything Harvey Milk fought for.

Posted by: Two Dads | Jun 10, 2013 2:12:40 AM

19. That might be one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Very very cool!

Posted by: Leo | Jun 10, 2013 2:35:55 AM

20. I have now watched the opening number four times...and it is still totally A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. NPH jumped through hoops, balanced on the cheerleaders shoulders, got from the stage to the back in 10 seconds (I counted), remembered every lyric for his patter, sang, danced, played guitar.....and barely broke a sweat.

How can anyone be that talented?

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jun 10, 2013 2:50:26 AM

21. That was one hell of a performance !
    It was simply extraordinary......and to be in that audience and see it live must have been exhilarating.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 10, 2013 3:31:26 AM

22. Wonderful!

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 10, 2013 3:59:14 AM

23. There isn't a more entertaining awards show around - the others could learn a few lessons. And whoever decided to give NPH a chance to host for the first time deserves some special award. He owns this!

Posted by: Bill | Jun 10, 2013 6:07:54 AM

24. great...amazing...wonderful.!!!

Posted by: alexxyxx | Jun 10, 2013 7:00:43 AM

25. One of the finest, funniest, foremost entertainers of our time! Is there anything he can't do? Did I mention REALLY likeable? Oh, yeah - I hear he might be 'a gay', too. (SNARK!)

Posted by: Geoff | Jun 10, 2013 7:50:36 AM