towleroad

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad to be Honored by the Stonewall Community Foundation: Please Join Us

UPDATE: Since so many of you have expressed interest in attending but the ticket price didn't fit your budget, Stonewall is offering a special discount to Towleroad readers if you buy your ticket through THIS LINK.

LAST Chance! This event is tomorrow night and we would love to see you there.

Vision-logo-300x258I'm thrilled to share the news that Towleroad is going to be honored by the Stonewall Community Foundation next Wednesday, June 19, at its annual Vision event for our efforts to report on, galvanize, and mobilize the LGBTQ and allied communities.

Michael Goff (in a rare East Coast appearance) and I will be there accepting the honor and would love to see as many friends, readers, and supporters as possible!

Stonewall Community Foundation is a fantastic organization, offering investment and guidance to help strengthen LGBTQ organizations throughout NYC's five boroughs.

VisionPlus, the party will be a blast. It's not a stuffy sit-down dinner but a cocktail event with food, live jazz, and entertainment!

Tickets start at $250. We realize the price doesn't fit all budgets but if there's room in your giving budget or you can expense it, we would LOVE to see you.

More info on the event is HERE. And tickets are available HERE.

For over 20 years Stonewall has helped to create a solid foundation of LGBTQ leadership in New York by providing grants and training to new and emerging organizations that serve our community. Thanks in great part to funds raised around the Vision event, the Foundation has proudly distributed more than $16 million to over 500 organizations since 1990.

Comments

1. Congratulations! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Towleroad!

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 13, 2013 10:26:53 PM

2. Andy, your blog was the only GLBT NYC-based blog I read that promoted the IS THIS MY BEAUTIFUL LIFE forum last month at Baruch College, which coincided greatly with my trip to NYC. Congrats on this amazing honor.

Posted by: Bobby | Jun 13, 2013 10:27:30 PM

3. Congratulations Andy.
    Hope you have an amazing time in NYC but remember to be safe so that you can come back with lots of videos, photos, and stories to tell those here who won't be able to meet you there.

Posted by: JONES | Jun 13, 2013 10:50:47 PM

4. Hmmm, since the price of some airfare to New York and a hotel there would have to be added to the ticket price, I don't think I'll be making it to the party. I'd seriously consider it otherwise, though - and big congratulations! An honor well deserved.

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 13, 2013 11:00:28 PM

5. Be sure to take some pictures of Andy Towle. He's the mystery man around these parts. Congratulations on the award. I hope you reported the 16 million to the IRS, and no bringing back Boy Scouts to your hotel rooms. Seriously, pictures of the illusive Andy-- without his wig and Spanx. :) Do 46 proud! Good work!

Posted by: gb | Jun 13, 2013 11:47:47 PM

6. A few question about Andy (True or False)

- Andy is a Vassar Girl
    - Andy loves marine life
    - Andy was a poolboy at The Boatslip in P-Town
    - Andy is shorter than he looks
    - Andy has a unique sweet voice
    - Andy has a boyfriend
    - Andy is classically handsome
    - Andy glances briefly at the comments of the week (hopefully)
    - Andy always can tell who's writing what
    - Andy's read it all. Nothing phases him.
    Congratulations on your award. You give Gays a good name.

Posted by: Gary | Jun 14, 2013 12:16:09 AM

7. Congratulations on a well deserved honor!

Towleroad really is a indispensable mix of LGBT news, issues, commentary, culture, and more. But, I don't know how many people may mispronounce the name!

Posted by: nick | Jun 14, 2013 12:37:41 AM

8. congratulations - well deserved. I look forward to the coming changes !

Posted by: mattman | Jun 14, 2013 12:55:56 AM

9. I would pay $250 just to see some of the regulars in the same room with each other. What, it would be 5 minutes before it descends into a brawl.

Posted by: Happy To Oblige | Jun 14, 2013 1:16:20 AM

10. Congrats!

Posted by: Sam | Jun 14, 2013 1:44:26 AM

11. Congrats, Andy. You deserve it. Your efforts are greatly appreciated every day, at least by me. Keep up the good work, kiddo!

Posted by: millerbeach | Jun 14, 2013 2:37:45 AM

12. As a 72 year old gay activist for more than half my life, I am SO glad for Towelroad which keeps me in touch of our Gaying Nation and especially much younger gays. You send me to bed every night with a smile and sometimes tears of both joy and sadness.
    On occasion, so angry I cannot sleep so I get up and send emails until my frustration is purged. I am so proud and happy for you, but mostly because I am a Subscriber!
    Since July 4th is coming up, Andy, LONG MAY YOU WAVE!

Posted by: Malcolm Blue | Jun 14, 2013 3:50:15 AM

13. Well done Andy.
    I've loved your blog since I have come across it.
    You deserve the proper recognition of the gay community for keeping us aware, and riled-up on our rights issues.
    But you also balance the somber with the amusing and entertaining.
    And you have highlighted fundamental issues with a fearless tenacity, issues such as DADT, Bullying, legal Rights issues etc.
    And of course your highlighting of the legal arguments in the Prop.8 and DOMA cases have been truly enlightening (thank you Ezra too).
    So congratulations, well deserved.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 14, 2013 4:12:46 AM

14. Congratulations, your efforts are part of gay history now and do post pictures of the event and of yourself. We like looking at you.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 14, 2013 8:21:03 AM

15. Yes, Congratulations Andy and everyone that contributes to Towleroad!

Posted by: Dave in PA | Jun 14, 2013 9:29:31 AM

16. Congrats but maybe they can make the price lower so some of your loyal avid readers could attend the event. By being $250 there will be a significant fan base that will be absent and that's unfortunate.

Posted by: guynyc | Jun 14, 2013 9:35:06 AM

17. Congratulations! WELL DESERVED.

Posted by: Donny with a "D" | Jun 14, 2013 9:37:14 AM

18. Congratulations, Andy! Well-deserved I would say. I can't imagine life without Towleroad. Thank you.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 14, 2013 11:17:09 AM

19. Again: Congrats!

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jun 14, 2013 11:28:46 AM

20. I echo Jamal49. I can't imagine life without Towleroad. It is a big part of every day for me. Thanks and congrats.

Posted by: Mikey DallasM | Jun 14, 2013 3:25:33 PM

21. congrats indeed.

Posted by: Jeton Ademaj | Jun 14, 2013 5:46:50 PM

22. Congrats Andy! You say so much with such class.

Posted by: Tom & Carol Grant | Jun 15, 2013 10:26:03 AM

23. Well deserved! Thanks for always bringing me current,relevent,comedic,fascinating world news EVERY DAY!
    Luv ya and only wishing you every award worthy of your site.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jun 18, 2013 2:13:57 PM

24. well met. proud of ya, brother!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 18, 2013 2:16:59 PM

25. Yeah, sounds like the breeding ground of the mother of all cat fights. Mroooow… But as this is the only gay blog I can bear to read (and I love even the snarky trolls), all I can say is have the most fun ever.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jun 18, 2013 2:29:39 PM