Mikhail Youzhny | News | Sports | Tennis

BigGayDeal.com

Mikhail Youzhny Destroys Tennis Racquet in French Open Rage: VIDEO

Youzny

Russian tennis player Mikhail Youzhny was so upset about getting destroyed by Tommy Haas 6-1, 6-1, 6-3 in the fourth round of the French Open today, he felt the need to destroy something himself.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Spoiled brat-nik.

Posted by: misha | Jun 3, 2013 11:52:34 AM

2. Tennis players are such assholes. It's a sport that draws the biggest brats.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 3, 2013 11:52:56 AM

3. What Misha & Mike said. If I were his racket sponsor, he'd have some 'splaining to do. Love him sobbing like a babby under that towel, though.

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Jun 3, 2013 12:29:42 PM

4. Bravo. Bien ouej.

Posted by: gwynethcornrow | Jun 3, 2013 12:35:50 PM

5. When I used to compete, the 1st seed player on my team threw a huge tantrum and smashed his racket to pieces after he lost a game, just like the guy in this post. It completely turned me off to playing competitively, and now I have so much more fun playing socially and teaching my friends instead.

Posted by: kevin | Jun 3, 2013 12:39:08 PM

6. If I were his raquet sponsor, I would be proud. Most racquets would have broken with less. (Federe once smashed one with a single blow)

Posted by: Nirgal | Jun 3, 2013 12:46:35 PM

7. What a drama queen. Who does he think he is, Joan Crawford?

I only act like that when the liquor runs out and I forgot to get another bottle. Then I have to take another bath, put on my clothes and run out door to try to get to the state liquor store before it clo....oh, nevermind.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 3, 2013 12:52:44 PM

8. Fortunately, the sport of men's tennis is currently dominated by gentlemen, so this sort of outburst is the exception.

What a baby.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 3, 2013 1:03:14 PM

9. Easy Mike, as in life, there are always a few bad apples that spoil it for everyone else. Tennis has some bad ones, but a lot that are good ones too!

Posted by: Tom | Jun 3, 2013 1:08:54 PM

10. Oh, you damn tedious people. Never at a loss to MORALIZE any action presented on a thread. It's just presented as light, throwaway entertainment. Don't pontificate.

Posted by: will | Jun 3, 2013 1:16:34 PM

11. I vote with Will. But keep believing you are better than everyone and have all the answers.

Posted by: Kyle | Jun 3, 2013 1:39:53 PM

12. @Derrick,

No, he thinks he's John McEnroe. Those were the days where, like BB players, they wore short shorts:

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 3, 2013 1:40:57 PM

13. At least this time he didn't destroy his raquet against his head (it wouldn't be the first time).

He has a beautiful game, but unfortunately his mentality and temper are not the best for being a top player.

And frankly, i find annoying the constant moral superiority than some people spread in this comeents. I'm not condoning his behaviour, but smashing a raquet when you are having a very bad day on court is not a crime against humanity

Posted by: jjose712 | Jun 3, 2013 2:33:26 PM

14. Give the man a break. He's human just like the rest of us.

Posted by: jay | Jun 3, 2013 3:14:05 PM

15. Give the man a break. He's human just like the rest of us.

Posted by: jay | Jun 3, 2013 3:14:06 PM

16. This type of behavior could be curtailed quickly if the Tennis Association would fine and suspend a player for such inappropriate behavior. Slap a good $75,000 fine on the fool and ban him from further competition will guarantee the next time he/she goes to raise that racket in anger they think twice. That's just plain bad sportsman-like behavior.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jun 3, 2013 3:51:38 PM

17. Does he get sent to Siberia for losing?

Posted by: Mastik8 | Jun 3, 2013 4:26:31 PM

18. Oh my God, you guys are acting like he beat up his wife and not his tennis racquet. Has no one here ever been so upset that you thought breaking something would release some pressure?

Chill out.

Posted by: Thomas | Jun 3, 2013 4:44:03 PM

19. Damn, now I had to reach for an old Ilie nastase video (there are several)

I blame you, ratbastard.

Posted by: Chtiown Kev | Jun 3, 2013 5:55:15 PM

20. Damn, now I had to reach for an old Ilie nastase video (there are several)

I blame you, ratbastard.