Comments

1. nn says

I must say that it makes me nervous.

It seems like they are going to try until they are successful. And if they manage to stop same sex wedding in CA! then they are “taking away rights” (again). Chaos. I hope the court makes it fast and clearly that the right to marry is here to stay in CA

2. Fancy says

I think there were plenty of unbiased legal scholars who questioned whether Judge Walker’s opinion applied statewide. Advocates for banning gay marriage have just managed to find a clerk willing to go along with a suit to test that legal theory.

If, for some reason, Prop 8 were upheld as to all other couples (unlikely), California just needs to put it back on a ballot and get rid of it for good.

3. says

If the two couples who were plaintiffs in the defeat of H8 were the only people in California who had the benefits of the Equal Rights provision of the 14th amendment and the Due Process protections of the 5th amendment, then the San Diego bigot for Jesus might have a points.

In fact the Constitution applies to all, we all have the same rights, and Mr Dronenburg has racked up another loss.

I point at this man and yell Ha Ha.

4. Beekeeper says

What I’d like to know is, who paid for Dronenburg’s futile exercise in bureaucratic wheelspinning? Did us taxpayers of San Diego County pick up the tab?

5. Beekeeper says

6. Armando says

Prop 8 did not effect the defendants in some unanticipated way, it worked as designed. When it was invalidated, it was because it conflicted with the constitution. Does this guy think that every couple wanting to get married needs to go to court?a