Barney Frank | Egypt | Hillary Clinton | John Barrowman | Madonna | News | Science | Sports

News: Madonna, John Barrowman, Hillary Clinton, Rutgers, NASA

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Waco's Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee vote to add LGBT anti-discrimination ordinance.

Madonna6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Madonna's very first album turns 30 years old.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Aaron Paul isn't afraid to get up close and personal with his fans.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Barney Frank is now officially part of the Twitterverse.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi One-time world champion boxer Emile Griffith, who ESPN says "described himself at various times as straight, gay and bisexual," has died.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi John Barrowman on the vicious hostility he experienced after the announcement of his wedding: "I don't get it. Some of the comments were outrageously vile. Quoting lines from the Bible. I won't tolerate it. People like that are banned on my Twitter account. I tell them to f**k off...People have a right to their beliefs but it doesn't mean they have to be nasty and deny other people their human rights. The world is not going to change and fall apart because a gay couple got married."

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Naked Juices can no longer claim they are natural.

Julie6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Newly hired Rutgers athletic director Julie Hermann comes out as gay: "I'm really blessed to have a wonderful family, and we're excited to become part of the Rutgers community."

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Instant language translation on the go? "Google is working on prototype devices, which, hooked up to your phone, would enable you to receive real-time translations from a foreign language speaker."

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Jailbreak: 1,000 prisoners have escaped in Libya.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi Diane Lane cast as the lead in NBC's just announced miniseries about Hillary Clinton: "(NBC President) Bob Greenblatt said, 'it’s going to be all of those things.' Clinton is 'not going to be involved at all' in the project and 'I don’t know if she’s aware of it,' he said." She is now.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi More violence in Cairo around rioters supporting Mohammed Morsi.

6a00d8341c730253ef0191046aeec2970c-800wi NASA believes that the centaurs which orbit the sun might actually be comets.

Comments

1. Um. It's "Libya."

Posted by: VSo | Jul 27, 2013 4:21:09 PM

2. I don't understand why various media are saying that the new Rutgers coach "came out as gay in her bio" simply by allowing the sentence: "Hermann and her partner Dr. Leslie Danehy are the proud parents of a seven-year-old son, Aidan."

Leslie is a unisex name. The bio says nothing suggesting Dr. Leslie is not a man (and without any pronouns, one would guess from "he" probably is.)
    If it had said, "Her wife, Leslie is a doctor and SHE works at so-and-so, then that would have been different.

The type of non-gendered language used is actually exactly the type of language a lot of gay people use when they are semi-closeted at work: "Yes, I am married. My other half's name is Pat and we're on the South side of town."

Posted by: GregV | Jul 27, 2013 7:43:54 PM

3. I worked in a record store (actual vinyl!) in high school when Madonna's first album came out. Based on a rave review I'd read before the release I bought it on the first day. I hated that wispy-voiced tw@t the first time I heard her and I hate her still.

Ah, misty water-colored memories! (And I don't like Barbra either.)

Posted by: Caliban | Jul 27, 2013 7:56:07 PM

4. Julie Hermann also abused her student athletes, calling them “whores, alcoholics and learning disabled.”

Her sexuality should not be allowed to be used by the school to cover their past mistreatment of students.

Posted by: Shawn | Jul 27, 2013 9:51:34 PM

5. Caliban: Did you finish high school? Thanks for sharing. You're an idiot. Madonna went on to become one of the greatest performers of all time. We know you hate Baabs too, but Helen Reddy speaks to you I bet. You hate too much.

Posted by: Jerome | Jul 27, 2013 11:14:26 PM

6. Shut up Jerome. Caliban can be unimpressed by anyone he doesn't particularly like. What's it to you?
    He has his own response, you're just part of the crowd.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 28, 2013 9:22:02 AM

7. Uffda, didn't you get the manual about how to be gay when you came out? In the manual, it dictates that you MUST love Madonna, Diana Ross, Babs, Judy and a bunch of other straight divas AND you must know every bitchy line uttered by Bette Davis and Joan Crawford!

:-)

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jul 28, 2013 11:17:05 AM

8. HenryHolland/UFFDA - I think it's hilarious that losers like you get all butt-hurt about those divas. Sad pathetic excuses for men who blame pop icons and the gay men who love them for the fact that your own balls never dropped and you'll die alone in your closets.

Posted by: Trolls | Jul 28, 2013 3:48:55 PM

9. Hey, I offered my own personal opinion of Madonna. If you like over-produced, lip-synching coochie dancers, that's your prerogative. ;-)

It has NOTHING to do with being "closeted," self-hating and or any other silly accusations, but at least in the past there was a whole list of singers, movies, actresses, etc. you were "supposed" to like because you're a gay man. Guess what? I actually DO like some of them. But some of them I don't like, even detest. There IS no "gay card" and dissent is allowed.

Posted by: Caliban | Jul 28, 2013 4:26:42 PM

10. Caliban, marry me!
    No, wait....I do love Babs...so never mind.

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jul 28, 2013 4:50:54 PM

11. Oh for the love of God. Nobody, no gay people ever, say that you have to like anything to be gay. Only anti-gay straight people say that nonsense, and then stupid gay men who are scared of straight people repeat it, and then blame/attribute it to other gay men.
    So if you wanna trot out that crap and pretend there's some monolithic gay community telling gay men what to like and not like, go right ahead; it'll only make it obvious that you're one of those homos who still fears what Straighty thinks.

Posted by: Brayden | Jul 28, 2013 4:58:39 PM

12. When you find yourself drawn to Streisand at age 9 you have to wonder if there is some connection.

Posted by: Gary | Jul 28, 2013 5:56:46 PM