"Ex-Gays" | News | News Clips | Pat Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson: 'We're Not Anti-Gay'...Gays Are Simply Confused Or Sick - VIDEO

Pat Robertson

Towleroad is no stranger to Pat Robertson and the many outrageous and bigoted comments that he has made over the years. Just earlier this week, the televangelist expressed a desire for a "vomit" button on Facebook, to be used for photos of same-sex couples.

Now, Robertson is expressing his disapproval of LGBT activists labelling him as "anti-gay", and came to his own defense during an episode of The 700 Club.

“I am very pleased that we have many, many, many homosexuals watching this program and many of them are looking for love and acceptance and help, and I’m glad to report that we have thousands of these people who are saying, ‘yes we want to follow Jesus, we’re not happy with the lifestyle we’re in and we want to have a better way,’ I think it’s wonderful that that’s happening.”

Pat Robertson GrinRobertson did not delve into any specifics at to how he obtained data about these supposed gay viewers who managed to convert via watching his program. That didn't stop hiim, however, from explaining precisely what the actual root causes are to alternative sexuality. According to Robertson, people develop same-sex attraction...

“because they have forsaken God, it’s not something that is natural and when people reunite with the Lord, the Lord will get their priorities the way it is supposed to be…. You work through it and if you meet the Lord it should be, it can be instant.”

For those not satisfied with this explaination, Robertson offered a more pseudo-scientific one:

“A lot of people are into this homosexual thing because they’ve been abused by a parent, abused by a coach, abused by a sibling, abused by a friend, they’re little boys and little girls and they don’t know any better and then they somehow think, ‘well I must be gay,’ they aren’t they are heterosexual and they just need to come out of that.”

He also conceded that it is possible that gay people “maybe got some chromosomal damage that’s different from heterosexuals," but that it is still possible to change. Now that Exodus International has officially thrown in the towel, he claimed that it's not up to another group to come in and fill the void and "help people who want out.” Apparently, Robertson does not see these erroneous statements as hateful, and must instead believe that he is simply offering gay people an alternative.

Watch the video, via Right Wing Watch, and decide for yourself AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. So then, are Lobstermen and Tattoo artists also confused?

Posted by: John Normile | Jul 11, 2013 5:48:02 PM

2. Wow! Lying's a sin isn't it? Double-speak is an Orwellian practice and a Satanic one. Apparently the Devil talks through the great revruhnd.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jul 11, 2013 6:00:04 PM

3. His entire viewing audience is gay and abused.

Posted by: Kev C | Jul 11, 2013 6:06:13 PM

4. Let's not wish dear Pat any harm or bad karma. Let's just wish him a LGBTQ grandchild who he loves more than life itself.

Posted by: Pietro | Jul 11, 2013 6:21:42 PM

5. There's a reason he looks like the evil dude from the Poltergeist movies. He's in league with the DEVIL!

Posted by: Tollendyr | Jul 11, 2013 6:22:32 PM

6. “A lot of people are into this homosexual thing because they’ve been abused by a parent, abused by a coach, [yadda, yadda, yadda] then they somehow think, ‘well I must be gay,’ they aren’t they are heterosexual and they just need to come out of that.”

That's some real scientific stuff there, Pat. "They just need to come out of that"...

WTF???

What about the millions of men and women who were NEVER abused at all and are perfectly normal, loving humans who have lives that are full and great without Pat's brand of hateful, repressive religion?

This man has such a tenuous grip on reality, let alone psychology and how the human mind is wired and what sexuality is really all about.

It's sad to see him spread such horse crap around and what's sadder is how many old men and little old ladies are eating it up and believing it.

Posted by: johnny | Jul 11, 2013 6:32:49 PM

7. I can't wait for this old fossil to finally kick it. I am going to track down his grave and drop a hot brown rock on it.

Posted by: Bollux | Jul 11, 2013 6:35:43 PM

8. so now I need Pepto Bismol so I don't puke at Mr. Robertsons's foolishness....he is very delusional and is NOT in reality............

Posted by: Bernie | Jul 11, 2013 6:37:35 PM

9. says the man who cut business deals for blood diamonds in africa

He should be in jail for crimes against humanity for willfully financing part of/ profitering from the blood diamond trade

Posted by: Moz's | Jul 11, 2013 6:45:27 PM

10. Oh Pat, Pat, Patty-boy!

Abuse doesn't make one gay, although gay kids may have a higher propensity for being abused because many may already be exhibiting behaviorial tendancies that may make the adults in their lives suspect homosexuality...and thus they are perceived as more vulnerable and easier targets of abuse. Your argument is so 70s!

And speaking of arguments, love the "chromosonal damage" theory, Paddy! But I'm willing to follow along with your logic if you are willing to admit that religiosity is a sign of mental illness that can be treated with therapy and medication. Chromosonal damage...how tired!

For someone whose initials are PR, you would think your mouth would be a little more eloquent and sensitive when it opens. But since it isn't, lets just say...

Its not that we are anti-Christian, we just think you are sick, sick people and we really just want you to get the help you do desperately need.

Posted by: Jay | Jul 11, 2013 6:54:26 PM

11. If anyone is qualified to identify "sick and confused people", it would be Pat Robertson.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jul 11, 2013 7:14:09 PM

12. can we stop giving this jerk space...i rather here dumb models talk about the pain of being a model than read this idiot's words....make his voice silent.

Posted by: Bosie | Jul 11, 2013 7:25:30 PM

13. And he thinking gays are confused of sick is senility paired with a whole life of ignorance supported by religious bigotry.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUTH | Jul 11, 2013 7:36:53 PM

14. In a NUT shell, Patty-Cakes says: "I'm not mad at YOU, I'm mad at your chromosomes."

Posted by: BearAspirin | Jul 11, 2013 7:57:10 PM

15. His brain is fried like a piece of chicken.

Posted by: David | Jul 11, 2013 8:06:28 PM

16. Dear Lord,

In your infinite wisdom I ask that you call Pat Robertson home beside you. I ask that you do this very soon, but after an extended period of a most painful form of cancer. I defer to your choice of course on what form.

Amen.

Posted by: Marc C | Jul 11, 2013 8:09:19 PM

17. Old Pat was always such a delightful man, spewing hate left and right and offering his condemnation to whatever population he didn't like. Truly a class act :/

Posted by: MateoM | Jul 11, 2013 8:14:46 PM

18. Listening to him makes me wanna barf. No vomit button needed.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Jul 11, 2013 9:36:43 PM

19. please somebody stuff something in the old bastards mouth. he doesnt seem to be able to help himself from talking about gay sex. please pat get a rent boy let your frustrations out

Posted by: walter | Jul 11, 2013 10:13:58 PM

20. I look forward to reading your obituary, Pat Robertson, and I will dance on your grave...

Posted by: Rich F. | Jul 12, 2013 12:11:21 AM

21. If you want sick, try imagining Ol' Pat and his wife engaging in mutual oral sex.

Posted by: Gene Touchet | Jul 12, 2013 2:36:36 AM

22. Ahhhhh.
    I'm so bored with this stuffed windbag.

For the last time; I'm gay, I've always been gay, I am not attracted to females, I was never abused, all my family is straight, I've never had any gay influences, I am in love with my boyfriend, he loves me, .......now you old crab, what part of that don't you understand ?

As the posters say, if you obsess about us and our sexual practices so much go spend some money on a good rent boy.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jul 12, 2013 4:21:40 AM

23. Ahhhhh.
    I'm so bored with this stuffed windbag.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jul 12, 2013 4:21:40 AM

24. I love reading about Pat on this site, and I look forward to every single comment he makes and the comments you guys make as well. Then he will die and it will be the icing on the cake.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 12, 2013 8:11:52 AM

25. die already you old fossil!!!!!!

Posted by: Jenn | Jul 12, 2013 8:25:28 AM