Lady Gaga | News

Lady Gaga Runs Naked Through the Woods, Wants to Chew Her Arm Off

Arm_gaga

Lady Gaga has been pushing her upcoming ARTPOP release with some typically wacky bits of promo. This week she posted a (work-unfriendly) video in which she screeched and ran naked through the woods at legendary performance artist Marina Abramovic's Institute. Check it out HERE.

She also tweeted the photo above, saying, "i am listening to the album...I know maybe this upsets you, as you'd very much like to hear it...i share these personal feelings because IF I HAD TO GO ANOTHER MONTH WITHOUT PLAYING THE NEW MUSIC I THINK ID CHEW MY ARM OFF...THIS IS THAT ARM"

And released an image from the set of her upcoming clip:

"I can't wait for you to see the 'Applause' video, directed by my darling friends INEZ & VINOODH"

Inez_gaga

Comments

1. Screeched? A moan is hardly a screech. Ran? She clearly stepped slowly. Wacky bits? Not sure why the Gaga posts on Towleroad have started to veer from it's typical objective tone.

Posted by: Tom S. | Aug 9, 2013 8:44:30 AM

2. That photo makes me never want to hear another word about her.

Posted by: Butch | Aug 9, 2013 8:52:16 AM

3. Oh, Gaga. Adele will win every time. Shock is boring.

Posted by: MIke | Aug 9, 2013 9:27:52 AM

4. It isn't about shock, and she's absolutely adorable.

Posted by: John Conolley | Aug 9, 2013 10:10:36 AM

5. Yawn

Posted by: Omar | Aug 9, 2013 10:42:42 AM

6. I realize she's exaggerating for effect, but the narcissism of the idea that she's so obsessed with her own music that shed cew her arm off if she couldn't listen to it is akin to her statement that Born This Way was going to be the greatest pop song ever... If she could learn some humility, maybe she wouldn't be so insufferable. I like some of her stuff, but she's not the greatest pop star ever. The more she speaks about her music, which is often "reductive" as someone famously said, the more I can't abide her. You can promote your own music without sounding so over the top egotistical.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Aug 9, 2013 10:55:56 AM

7. @Tom: Andy is not a Gaga fan. Two blogs to avoid on Gaga related stuff if you enjoy her: Here and Boy Culture.

Posted by: Duncan | Aug 9, 2013 11:24:01 AM

8. "she screeched and ran naked through the woods" isn't really a good description for Gaga's human performance piece with Marina Abramovic. Seems condescending and unwarranted.

Posted by: reality | Aug 9, 2013 11:57:59 AM

9. Inez Lambswool and Chicken Vindaloo are the two biggest stoners in French fashion today. Darling.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Aug 9, 2013 1:52:36 PM

10. Gaga is taking chances and being vulnerable in ways few of us are doing in our own lives. The video at the Marina Abramović Institute (MAI) is evidence of that. Who knows if she's coming from ego, as some are saying. I'm sure she deals with that on a daily basis, considering her current standing in pop culture. How much ego is warranted and how much is necessary in order to thrive and know your own worth? I'm sure she, like all of, are exploring that balance.
    I think this is commendable. I'm in love with both of these ladies.

Posted by: Marc | Aug 9, 2013 4:12:08 PM

11. Bjork took chances and still does. Gaga follows at best.

Posted by: Artflop | Aug 9, 2013 8:47:06 PM

12. Nice hip, I mean, plastic surgery.

Posted by: brion | Aug 10, 2013 1:08:43 AM

13. Nice hip, I mean, plastic surgery.

Posted by: brion | Aug 10, 2013 1:08:43 AM