I'm Gay | News | Raven Symone

BigGayDeal.com

Raven-Symonè Comes Out of the Closet: 'I Can Finally Get Married!'

Symone

Cosby Show actress Raven-Symonè, who blew up Twitter in 2012 when she declared "my sexual orientation is mine to know" decided to be a bit more forthcoming today, tweeting "I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you"

Symoné has never said publicly if she is gay but addressed the rumors previously in response to a National Enquirer article that reported she was living with an America's Next Top Model contestant in New York City.

Said Symoné at the time:

"I'm living my PERSONAL life the way I'm happiest. I'm not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I'm dating. and I shall not start now....My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I'm datings to know. I'm not one for a public display of my life...However that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I'm not harming anyone...I am a light being made from love. And my career is the only thing I would like to put on display, not my personal life. Kisses!"

Comments

1. Good for her. I think she's hilarious. I may have watched an episode or two of That's So Raven. Okay, I watched every damn episode.

Posted by: daws | Aug 2, 2013 6:32:31 PM

2. Good on her. Now if she can officially transition into an actual adult acting career the way some of the other Cosby kids have...

Posted by: Jerry | Aug 2, 2013 7:44:22 PM

3. good for her

Posted by: Moz's | Aug 2, 2013 7:53:54 PM

4. oh and DAWS

LOL didn't watch every 1 but did watch a lot of them. Probably a big reason on her being closeted earlier = Disney Contract....cough cough jonas brother

Posted by: Moz's | Aug 2, 2013 7:57:29 PM

5. I grew up on Raven, I have so much love for her! Happy to see her feeling more comfortable with her sexual orientation being known to the public.

Posted by: JMC | Aug 2, 2013 8:03:35 PM

6. Well, she was never really closeted. It was basically Anderson female version with Raven. With that being said, I'm very happy she's made it official and can put the rumors behind her now.

My brother was big on That's So Raven and had a crush on Raven. Wonder how he'll take the news....

Posted by: Francis #1 | Aug 2, 2013 8:21:25 PM

7. I can't believe one of the Cosby kids is gay. Cliff and Claire...WTF? Oh well, the show was stale during her seasons anyway.

Posted by: Matt Kuksa | Aug 2, 2013 8:26:12 PM

8. I AM HAPPY THAT SHE IS HAPPY ! CONGRATULATIONS !

Posted by: AndyTowlette | Aug 2, 2013 8:28:29 PM

9. OMG! That's solo Raven!

Posted by: Marc C | Aug 2, 2013 8:57:12 PM

10. Fu@k spell check.

Posted by: Marc C | Aug 2, 2013 8:58:26 PM

11. I never watched Cosby and wouldn't know her from Adam, but I like her spirit. The lady has class.

Posted by: MajorTom | Aug 2, 2013 10:03:03 PM

12. Congratulations to Raven Symone! May her life be happy and filled with joy! I just hope that this news will fire up even more people to support Freedom To Marry--look it up on-line--and to make sure that all Americans can have the same freedom that she now has.

Posted by: RonCharles | Aug 3, 2013 5:59:17 PM

13. Raven rocks!

Posted by: Zeta | Aug 3, 2013 8:06:01 PM

14. I loved her show and I love her. Her being who she is will help SO MANY LGBT youth who can have her as an inspiration to look up to. Talented, brave and real. Thank you raven for authentically being you!

Posted by: Junior | Aug 4, 2013 6:29:25 AM