Film and TV | News | Reality TV | Survivor

BigGayDeal.com

New 'Survivor' Season Will See the Return of Gay Republican Villain Colton Cumbie: VIDEO

Colton 1

Every season of Survivor brings a new twist, and this fall's (the show's 27th!) is no different. Titled Survivor: Blood vs Water, this season will consist of ten returning players each competing against their very own loved one. Included in this list is the infamous Colton Cumbie, the gay Republican bully of last year's Survivor: One World, now accompanied by his finacé Caleb Bankston.

Check out a video of the couple, AFTER THE JUMP...

Colton 2Survivor fans will no doubt remember Colton as the racist, elitist contestant whose manipulative antics squandered his all-male tribe's early victories, paving the way for an all-female final five that season.

By the second week, Colton had secured his place as the season's big vilian by convincing his tribe to give up their immunity idol (a no-no in the game of Survivor) so that he could vote out fellow tribemate Bill (pictured left), whom Colton considered "ghetto trash". At that night's tribal council, Colton told the African-American stand-up comic to "get a real job" before listing all the Black people he interacts with in his everyday life (i.e. his housekeeper).

Later in the season, Colton showed his insensitivity to little people by calling Leif an "Oompah-Loompah" to his face and saying "that little Munchkin needs to get knocked back to Oz." In the end, Colton was pulled from the game on the 16th day due to appendicitis, getting the premature and unceremonious exit he deserved.

Hopefully his fiancé Caleb will be able to keep Colton's aggressive personality in check this season...

Survivor: Blood vs Water premiers Wednesday, September 18th.

Comments

1. He was hilarious on the show and and ruled his tribe like a demented Bloody Mary, having the washboard abs men having to grovel before him to not be selected for elimination. I quit watching when he left, and he was right in the reunion show: when he left, ratings tanked.

Posted by: MIke | Aug 21, 2013 9:09:31 PM

2. He was awful, but awesome to watch. Hope he doesn't try too hard to be a changed man.

Posted by: Mellotron | Aug 21, 2013 9:14:31 PM

3. Total queen, yeah? Not a big survivor fan much less a gay Republican fan and believe I will pass...

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 21, 2013 9:16:02 PM

4. I remember. I'm disgusted they brought him back. The only one who could give Russell a run for his money as the most horrible contestant ever.

He was horrible to watch and couldn't wait for him to leave and I don't know if I'll watch because of this.

Posted by: Will | Aug 21, 2013 9:20:26 PM

5. I remember on an initial show one contestant did something like when the Survivors has to take off their shoes, he was clever enough to steal them all (he became a fan favorite) and if it had been Colton, oh! What a nasty queen! And he did that to black people!

Posted by: MIke | Aug 21, 2013 9:22:45 PM

6. I guess Richard Hatch was ineligible since he's already been back once?

I'll take people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire for $200, Alex...

Posted by: Jerry | Aug 21, 2013 9:30:51 PM

7. That was different and I still don't like that Rupert did that. But it's very clear Rupert is a great guy at heart. Colton is not.

Posted by: Will | Aug 21, 2013 9:31:55 PM

8. People you do relise this is all staged right? I doubt he's really this nasty it's all for show.

Posted by: Lee | Aug 21, 2013 9:40:24 PM

9. Survivor's 27th season. Newton Minow, Kennedy FCC Chairman, thought that TV was "a vast wasteland" way back then. Little did he know,that by comparison to today, it was a Golden Age of TV.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 21, 2013 9:55:30 PM

10. Survivor is still on...I guess my question is: Survivor survives? Seriously? I don't know a single person who watches this show and I really didn't know it was still on the tee-vee.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Aug 22, 2013 1:39:27 AM

11. People you do relise this is all staged right? I doubt he's really this nasty it's all for show.

POSTED BY: LEE | AUG 21, 2013 9:40:24 PM

It's still sick that such nastiness is staged in the first place. Survivor is shameful, and so are the people who watch it.

Posted by: Zeta | Aug 22, 2013 4:35:54 AM

12. I'm really disappointed that they're featuring returning "cast members" (again) instead of introducing new people. Like other shows of this nature, "Survivor" has stopped being about the GAME and become all about the PLAYERS.

I'm disgusted that Colton was asked to return. I thought he was an obnoxious embarrassment to gay men, white people and Republicans alike.

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvations | Aug 22, 2013 9:27:27 AM

13. " Colton was pulled from the game on the 16th day due to appendicitis, getting the premature and unceremonious exit he deserved " # kARMAISTHEMOSTBEAUTIFULTHING

Posted by: beaunic | Aug 22, 2013 11:32:26 AM

14. Ewwwwwww. When oh when will they stop putting gay men like this on tv freak shows? It's only holding us back. And how do you think it makes gay kids in isolated areas feel? It'd make me feel like killing myself.

Posted by: trg | Aug 22, 2013 3:20:17 PM

15. Very important secret US spy video not available in Canada.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 22, 2013 5:03:04 PM

16. Hopefully Caleb's fiancé will keep Colton's aggressive personality in check with repeated Durex covered tranquilizer inseminations... er,... I mean injections. Sorry, Folks of Towleroad... I really am a Lady... I swear!

Posted by: Koskalaka Maricón | Aug 22, 2013 7:14:57 PM