Comments

1. says

I like Ben Affleck. He seems deeply committed to growing and to the quality of his work, and that commitment shows, imho, in the evolution of that work. With “Argo,” he nailed it as both performer and Director. I’ll bet he delivers something with this Batman iteration that surprises and resonates.

2. David From Canada says

I though Argo was overrated, and his following movies were not very good. He’ll make a great Batman and be involved in a big hit movie. Yay for Ben, Haters go away.

3. Leroy Laflamme says

Maybe it’s just me, but every time Ben Affleck cracks a grin, I just wanna lick his teeth. And Jimmy Fallon, every time he grins, I melt. Is that bad of me?

4. jjose712 says

I remember Daniel Craig’s backlash when he take the role of James Bond, it was mockery every day.
    Now nobody remember that because he owned the character.

Frankly this internet overreacting about an actor taking a role are a little pathetic

5. Bob R says

I like Affleck and must agree wholeheartedly with KILE OZIER’s comment. I especially liked him in “Sum of All Fears”, I think he did a good job as a young Ryan. I think he’ll be fine as Batman. I’m sure it’ll be better than “Daredevil”!

6. Lucas H says

I will admit, I had a negative reaction to his casting. But… he is pretty talented, and he has the right look for the role sooo… I’m going to try to be cautiously optimistic about it. Affleck has given us plenty of reasons to be highly skeptical, but enough reasons to make me think he *might* be able to pull it off.

7. Butch says

I hate to admit it; I can rarely sit through an entire movie, but I made it through Argo and loved it. I doubt very much that I’ll see this new Batman movie, but backlash against a casting decision? Seriously? People need to get lives.

8. Leroy Laflamme says

Oh, and remember when Anne Rice had a cow because Tom Cruise was cast as Lestat? And everyone else on the planet had a cow too, if memory serves me. In the event, he did a great job, everybody made money & the earth continued to turn. Sic transit gloria mundi.

9. Leroy Laflamme says

10. tinkerbelle says

I loved Argo, but only watched half of it (I have stress issues). Ben Affleck can’t be any worse as Batman than Christian Bale (I only saw The Dark Knight recently on French TV and finally got how good Abed’s impression on “Community” was). BA frankly has never left me with any impression, either good or bad, so… good luck to him.