Bill Nye | Dance | Dancing with the Stars | News | Science

BigGayDeal.com

Bill Nye Geeks Out in First 'Dancing with the Stars' Routine: VIDEO

Nye

To "Weird Science", naturally.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Bill seemed to be a good dancer backstage but left it there when it came down to the real thing. That corny science-lab opening actually hindered him and his moves. Better luck next time!

Posted by: David From Canada | Sep 17, 2013 11:11:20 AM

2. Um, not very scientific but a nice try, in theory anyway.

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 17, 2013 11:22:37 AM

3. I've never watched this show before and won't start now... but I'd watch clips of Bill Nye dancing to Weird Science any day of the week.

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 17, 2013 12:02:34 PM

4. That wasn't nearly as bad as I'd heard and the audience LOVES him so he'll be around for awhile no matter what the judges say.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Sep 17, 2013 1:20:01 PM

5. Most people do badly on the first night; I think it may be a deliberate attempt to give them room for improvement later in the show. Nye has a reputation as an avid swing and ballroom dancer, and supposedly he's pretty good, so this lackluster performance was likely either strategy or nerves.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Sep 17, 2013 1:28:00 PM

6. ..agree with most comments....again - the 1st time out there...nerves etc....we've all said - after doing something....awe, I knew I could do better if I had to do it again....

Posted by: disgusted American | Sep 17, 2013 1:51:36 PM

7. ..agree with most comments....again - the 1st time out there...nerves etc....we've all said - after doing something....awe, I knew I could do better if I had to do it again....

Posted by: disgusted American | Sep 17, 2013 1:51:36 PM

8. Surprisingly good footwork in the beginning, I like his loosey goosey approach—hope they give him a chance.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Sep 17, 2013 2:15:19 PM

9. Aaaaw, he seemed to be having fun. Obviously he can dance to a certain style but for a beginning. We've seen much worse.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Sep 17, 2013 4:32:54 PM