Details of Madonna’s #SecretProject Revealed

Madonna

Madonna's #SecretProject that she has been tweeting and Instagramming and YouTubeing about for months now is a short film collaboration with Vice Media and BitTorrent intended to facilitate free speech around the world.  The film is being released as a BitTorrent bundle, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

secretprojectrevolution is a 17-minute film she co-directed with Steven Klein that will be released on Sept. 24. It will debut in conjunction with the launch of a digital initiative called Art for Freedom, that will encourage others to submit video, music, poetry and photography that addresses persecution around the world and the personal meaning of freedom and revolution.

"My goal is to show by the example of secretprojectrevolution my creative commitment to inspire change in the world through artistic expression," Madonna said in a statement. "I hope my film and other submissions to Art For Freedom will be a call-to-action and give people a place to voice their own creative expression to help fight oppression, intolerance and complacency."

BitTorrent is trying to show it is not about piracy and says that the new 'Bundles' business model allows commerce to be "baked in" to the content 'Bundle', and fans will "have an opportunity to connect directly back to the publisher."

The project, which is set to premiere on September 24, will also be broadcast via Vice's The Creators Project.

Comments

1. Gagarules says

Sorry, Old Madge whose fans are dying of HIV every day. Lady Gaga is IT right now. She is our Queen. She is our Hero. She is the number one female superstar in the world. Go away. You need to check into Shady Pines Nursing Home.

2. Richie says

@GagaRules – young, bitchy queen who clearly has no idea about his gay history.

Those Madonna fans you poke fun off paved the way for you to enjoy the freedoms you have today

Have some respect

Oh and if Gaga read your comments she’s be ashamed to have you as a fan

3. Jack M says

Sounds like a great idea, and much in keeping with Madonna’s belief system.

And remember children, Madge was here first!

4. jacek says

you people are pathetic. if you don’t like her, don’t read or post about her. the fact that she is still doing things to try and better the world /raise awareness and creating in the process, and embracing new technology and distribution channels/social media -especially since she started at a time when the industry was very different- is quite amazing and inspiring. i don’t understand why you have to be so hateful. you have been dismissing her since 1984.. give it up. she will go away when she wants to go away and when she feels that she has done all there is to do. that is a true artist. the lady gage comparisons are dumb. there is room for both. your nasty words are more a reflection on you as a human being than her or anyone else.

5. Tom says

The best part of this is it’s participation element. I’ll be interested to see how other filmmakers respond to this.

6. tinkerbelle says

Hard to believe, but everybody is going to be old one day, and hoping to be as active as Miss Madge is (however manic and ego-driven—we all need our own “raison d’être”).
    Gay audiences launched her career, I was there, and I don’t think she ever let us down and probably helped open more doors than Gaga ever had to (different time, different generation). That said, I am neither a current Madonna fan and definitely not a Gaga fan (but not a Gaga basher either, she’ll eventually learn by her mistakes), and I have now totally lost my train of thought so I’ll leave you all with this… too much information?

7. MIke says

Oh, Gagarules, you couldn’t even pull your #1 Queen past Katy Perry in the Itunes war. Didn’t Perry outsell her by a factor of 3 to 1?

8. Fancy says

Not just past Perry, but Miley is on top of both of them right now. Embarrassing.

I think this is a great idea. Why not? Madonna doesn’t need your money. She is in a position to do whatever she wants.

I support and commend her for this. Go Madge!

9. Mike says

Why is it that any troll who pretends to be a Gaga fans and flames Madonna/Katy/Britney/xtina, just to get a rise out of you all, works as planned every single time? I see the reverse in Gaga threads. Jesus Chrissy the internet is just too easy for trolls.

10. MIke says

I just read Gaga’s appearance on the Andy Cohen show didn’t even have a pulse in the ratings. Apparently other nights from the same show scored higher last week. His audience wants their Housewives.

11. Geoff says

Okay. I’ve never been enamored of Madonna, but if this particular piece helps to shine a light on injustice and brutality then I’m all for her and it.

12. Christopher says

I like Madonna. . . and Gaga, so I can’t join in that conversation. I am wondering, though, why there’s a photo of Marlene Dietrich attached to this post?

13. says

When cowardly posters are using “her fans are dying of HIV” as a weapon to club celebrities online — and among celebrities with largely gay audiences! — you know we’re in trouble. That remark took me right out of the enjoyable silliness of this debate and reminded me that HIV stigma is such an ignorant, cruel device.

I’ve lived with good health and joy with HIV for the last 30 years, from the time Donna Summer was our diva. And I’m not going anywhere, people.

Mark S. King
    MyFabulousDisease.com

14. cymbaartpop says

Gays have rights today because of our Mother Monster. That is a FACT. Old hag Madge never did anything for gay rights.

15. Mike says

@cymbaartpop nice try troll. Gaga fans are well aware of Madonna’s significant contributions to the gay community.

16. Bob says

Gay men who suck up to Madonna are sycophants. What has she ever done for gay rights except utter some vague statement at about the same time she has a new album coming out? She used lesbianism to titillate sleazy straight guys and not to help the GLBT cause.

17. Derrick from Philly says

@”…why there’s a photo of Marlene Dietrich attached to this post?”

I know where you’re coming from, Christopher. She looks more glamorous than she did 25 years ago.

I was never much a fan, but I appreciate people who maintain their physical beauty or enhance it. She’s got magnificant facial bone structure. Unless it’s…what’s that you youngins’ are always using? Photoshop?

18. David From Canada says

@DERRICK: I must disagree. In the photo Madonna looks like Bette Davis when she was starting to age, wearing a blond wig. I honestly thought it was Bette at first. Not Madonna’s best.

19. Billy says

Never been a fan of Madge, and guilty of an eye roll when I hear her music. But gee guys why so much negativity. Let her fans queen out over this, while we queen out over something else.

20. Marc says

This sounds wonderful. I applaud Madonna for using her career and name to promote the uplifting of humanity.

And for those whose negativity can’t see past this, I feel sorry for you. Some people want to enrich the world — and those people receive my full respect and support.

You go, Madonna.

21. Mark says

Crikey. I kind of want to like Gaga’s “Applause,” but the flop-sweat-drenched mania of the Little Monsters makes it impossible. Do they know how many potential fans they’re turning off?

22. Bosie says

Totally AWESOME! Look at these comments…these people love to bully. Nothing good to say yet they open their mouth to speak hate. Atleast someone is doing something…like it or not its a cool vid.