Example | Music | Music Video | News | Pet Shop Boys

Here's the Pet Shop Boys 'Thursday' Video: WATCH IT

Tennant

In a decision that will thrill many Pet Shop Boys devotees, the duo's next single release will be "Thursday", on November 4. Tennant and Lowe dropped the video for the track, which features UK rapper Example, and was shot on the exteriors of Shanghai.

Remixes for the track will come from Tensnake and Eddie Amador and with them will come two new Pet Shops Boys songs, "No More Ballads" and "Odd Man Out".

Watch the "Thursday" clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Example

Comments

1. thanks PSB, you've been lifting our spirits since the 80s so keep rocking. Many thanks.

Posted by: Cd In DC | Sep 30, 2013 9:01:09 AM

2. Just saw them in Montreal last Tuesday! Fantastic!

Posted by: Michel | Sep 30, 2013 9:04:08 AM

3. "Thursday" is actually my least favorite track on an otherwise stellar album. The rap verse is just downright embarrassing.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 30, 2013 9:18:04 AM

4. LOVE this song. Fabulous (absolutely)!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Sep 30, 2013 11:17:02 AM

5. I love the PSB, loved West End Girls (when I was a teenager. I'm old).

But the PSB have never evolved musically or creatively. It's the same sound with the same lyrical style and vocal delivery.

Posted by: QJ201 | Sep 30, 2013 11:23:33 AM

6. Fantastic album, fantastic live show, great song too. And I had no idea Example was so cute :-)

Posted by: EO | Sep 30, 2013 11:41:42 AM

7. Fantastic album, fantastic live show, great song too. And I had no idea Example was so cute :-)

Posted by: EO | Sep 30, 2013 11:41:42 AM

8. @ QJ201,
    Have you been living under a rock just after they released West End Girls?
    They have EVOLVED in major way throughout their catalog!
    This particular album is the closest they have come to imitate the music they made from 1985-1987.
    Other than that they have been putting out a lot of creative and evolving music throughout their career!

Posted by: ElCid | Sep 30, 2013 5:48:38 PM

9. How do you follow up the statement "I love PSB" by saying they lack any creativity and their music has not evolved? If I felt this way about a band or musician, I wouldn't "love" them.
    Anyways, Pet Shop Boys have produced music for everyone from Ramstienn to Shirley Bassey, written musicals and ballets, as well as a soundtrack to a silent Russian film. They've done acoustic/guitar driven albums, all out pop, and all out club/dance tracks. 1987's Introspective was stylistically and structurally nothing like their first two albums. 1990's Behaviour was a further departure, moody and slow, working with people like Angelo Badalamanti.
    Not only are Pet Shop Boys creative and progressive with their music, but there are few other performers in the world currently who can rival them. I would counter anyone who takes issue with Neil's vocals probably just isn't much of a fan in the first place.
    Oh, and Thursday is fantastic. The track has a lot of space instrumentally and the rap by Example is perfect.

Posted by: Jesse | Oct 2, 2013 12:49:19 PM

10. How do you follow up the statement "I love PSB" by saying they lack any creativity and their music has not evolved? If I felt this way about a band or musician, I wouldn't "love" them.

Posted by: Jesse | Oct 2, 2013 12:49:19 PM