Lance Bass is Engaged to Boyfriend Michael Turchin

Bass

Lance Bass is engaged to be married to boyfriend Michael Turchin.

Wrote the singer on Instagram: "He said YES!! Love this man"

Us Weekly adds:

Dating since December 2011, the couple got engaged in New Orleans after Bass proposed to the aspiring actor and model with a black diamond band. He even texted his future husband's parents to ask for their permission first.

"They're such a great couple, everyone is so happy for them," another source tells Us. "Their friends and family are thrilled."

Congrats!

Comments

1. Tim says

Everyone on Yahoo is is saying terrible things about these guys. I posed the question of how many straight marriages were in bragging shape and how much love was flourishing? They then started bashing me. People are so dumb and cruel. I personally think its very cool! Has a better chance than man/wife, frankly.

2. chuckie says

Seems to be some bitter queens stayin’ home all alone on a holiday weekend sharpening their devil tongues with acid. Lighten-up boys. Still some hope for y’all (maybe) Congrats, fellas. Wish you the best.

3. says

Good for them. I hope they will have a great life together.

The struggle to be able to exercise our equal rights has been long and stressful; so what the f**k are you idiots doing raining on anyone’s parade.
    I suggest you negative oafs RU & FO.

4. peterparker says

I think people hate Lance Bass because, in the interview in which he came out of the closet, he referred to himself and his friends as ‘SAGs’ which he said stood for ‘Straight Acting Gays’. He also said at the time that he had no intention of becoming ‘a crazy gay activist’ . And he’s proved that by…well…not doing much of anything for the GLBT community.

In my opinion, the fact that Darren Manzella is dead while Lance Bass not only lives another day but also gets engaged to a pretty gorgeous man is proof that God has a sick sense of humor.

5. Leroy Laflamme says

Seriously guys? what kind of spoilsport takes the time & energy to come here & spew bitterness & hatred? Tomorrow my husband & I celebrate our twenty fourth anniversary together – & the last six of those, legally married. Spoil that, bitches …

I don’t know of Lance & Michael follow Towleroad, but if they do, I, for one, would like to know that there are people who share in their joy.

6. bambinoitaliano says

That’s what the internet is infested with. YouTube, Yahoo, here, people who live in cyber space tend to have little life in the real world. The only validation of their own existence are to troll on internet. That’s the least of the attention they get.

7. Macguffin54 says

I think maybe some of bitterness is because it seems like he takes out a press release every time there is a change in relationship status. Why is he getting the attention when he is, really, a nobody? Do we hear about the rest of his former bandmates love lives? And it isn’t because he’s part of the gay community. RuPaul is a bigger gay celebrity but we don’t have to hear about his boyfriends. Really, who cares who he is dating? More power to him but I don’t think it’s newsworthy. Plus there is the fact that he is, to be kind, rather plain looking and he has been known to have some pretty good-looking boyfriends. So there is also the “why him?” factor.

8. Hagatha says

At least I have an idea who Lance Bass is, Backstreet Boys, right? Most of the people on the cover of Us and People don’t rate recognition. Who really give a flying screw about the mudfuching Kardashians?

9. AngelaChanning says

It is a little weird why so many people dislike Lance Bass, almost the same way folks dislike Gwyneth Paltrow or Anne Hathaway. I realize he made a couple of awkward statements during his coming out period but he seems to be a benign fellow. I can also remember the ridicule he faced when he wanted to go into space.

10. alex says

@PeterParker: “And he’s proved that by…well…not doing much of anything for the GLBT community.”

Lance has worked with GLSEN in the past. He also is an Executive Producer on a documentary about a horrible Evangelical Christian school were “troubled” teens (including gay kids) are sent to be “transformed into healthy Christian adults”.

Remember: Just because someone isn’t putting out press releases doesn’t mean he or she isn’t contributing to the community.

11. Kevin says

I listen to Lance’s SiriusXM radio show and he seems like a great guy but his fiancé who is also a commentator on the same show seems like a jerk. I don’t think this relationship will last. Just my opinion.

12. Ryan says

Huge congratulations….

but texting permission to marry someone???

I can just imagine how that went…

“Sup Mr. & Mrs. Turchin, u kno i luv ur son & I want to get married. would u let us? TIA. k thx gbye.

Maybe I’m old fashioned. Whatever floats people’s boats.

13. Mike says

Take a LONG, LONG, LONG honeymoon break from SiriusXM OutQ Lance. Start with a nice LONG, LONG, LONG vacation to celebrate the engagement. No, Really. Enjoy your time off. I’ll enjoy it too…

14. mburke says

Mike: Please know that you are not alone. There are people who can help you get out of your abusive relationship. It’s scary…but worth it.

That’s your situation, right? Because it’s the only excuse I can come up with as to why you can’t shut off the radio when Mr. Bass is on. Because if you’re not being forced against your will to listen, you just sound like a total jerk.

15. skepticalcicada says

Wow, Lance Bass found somebody to overlook his craving for celebrity, baseless self-promotion, and general disfigurement. Thank goodness HRC gave him that impact award for having done nothing but growl about not being a gay activist.

16. Michaelandfred says

Come on people, must we really add to the 50% divorce rate in this country? These two, along with a whole parade of others lately, have been together about a year and a half. I’m sure they’re happy, isn’t almost every relationship at this stage? We’re already seeing divorces from people who ran out and got married like some kid getting wasted on his 21st birthday.

If they are really solid they’ll be solid two years from now. Nobody’s pregnant, lets take our time and make sure we’re creating marriages, not weddings and great YouTube proposals. I wish them the best and hope it works but the odds are not with them.

Marriage isn’t going anywhere people. Divorce isn’t fun or easy. Work on creating a lasting marriage. A year and a half?!

17. Paul R says

I’m not against Lance Bass (I really don’t care either way), but I’m with MichaelandFred. I was in a relationship for 17 years (from the age of 19), and even though we loved and continue to love each other deeply, marriage would have been a horrible idea. I wouldn’t even consider it to someone new until being together at least 4-5 years.

Marriage equality is great. The marriage industry is annoying, expensive, stressful, and kind of unseemly. I can’t imagine being a person with an average income sending out 100-200 invites and expecting them to attend (since many would be from out of town) and/or send gifts. I’d have a small affair. Even a fairly basic marriage and reception can easily run $20-40K if you insist on a lot of hoopla. (Lance’s will cost a lot more than that.) Then there’s the honeymoon, which I would skip ahead to.

I’d prefer an intimate affair with a justice of the peace or nondenominational officiant so it doesn’t have the feel of a performance.

That said, I too wish them the best.

18. vikson says

@Michaelandfred: I read a study somewhere that found couples who co-habitated for a lengthy period ( I think over 5yrs) actually had a higher divorce rate. I think 1.5-2 yrs is enough to know if you wanna spend your life with someone.
    Also the number one cause for divorce is financial stress, at least for straight marriages.

19. datlaw214 says

Congratulations to him. Shame on some of you here. Been out for a long time and have encountered some of you bitter and negative queens. I’ve handled each one of you appropriately in my everyday life. Hope Lance knows how to disregard you as well.

20. MIke says

Engagements can last days, months, or years. I suppose I dislike Lance because I picture him coordinating the wedding with US or People magazines. And with his partner needing some publicity…..

And I’m not a “bitter old queen” so hold your breath.

21. Matt says

@Sam

Sam wrote: “I was unaware that Lance Bass ever had a career in the first place”

Bass has a net worth of 22 million, how’s your portfolio? Jealous loser!

22. JohnAGJ says

Beats me why there’s so much bashing of Lance Bass. Can’t say I’m a fan of his but I don’t hate him either. Seems like a nice enough guy and pretty typical for a lower-grade celebrity (not intended as an insult). I wish him and his beau all the best. In fact, I hope he has a “Hollywood” marriage like Paul Newman and not say Brittany Spears, which would mean many years of happiness.

23. skepticalcicada says

@ Johnagj

One part, he’s just a gay version of Bieber. Untalented kid shoved down our throats as a celebrity based on nothing but selling teenie bopper garbage to undiscriminating children.

Another part, having to be dragged out of the closet and then insulting half the community by boasting about being “straight-acting” and calling all activists “crazy.”

A third part, accepting a ridiculous award from HRC for having done NOTHING but the aforesaid insulting of half the community.

A fourth part, constantly shoving himself down our throats to service his emotionally dysfunctional craving for attention. This is just more of the same. “Look at me! Look at me!”

24. Matt says

@skepticalcicada

You couldn’t be more wrong, but nice try anyway! lol!

Clearly you’re a bitter old queen too! My CD collection is void of any N’Sync music, it’s never been my thing. I just like to call out the pathetic losers that make comments about someone’s career when the person they are talking about has been successful with millions to show for it.

Now go ahead and make another incorrect assumption…

25. Chase says

Really, shoving himself down our throats, skepticalcicada? I guess you haven’t figured out you have the ability to not read “that” article or watch “that” video of someone you’re envious about, huh? Give it a try!

26. Clark says

Ignore skepticalcicada the troll, Matt. A quick Internet search on skepticalcicada’s numerous comments on various blogs shows his comments are incendiary, inflammatory, argumentative, ignorant and irrational to an extreme degree. You can’t fix stupid!

27. Merlinslover says

Lance Bass is a former member of now defunct nsync (although they got together for a split second to be Justin Timberlakes’ backup band when JT got some award recently. He was never a member of the Backstreet Boys.

28. skepticalcicada says

Wow, Clark, you’re quite the stalker. Do I need to get a restraining order against you, nut? Next time, try responding to anything in my comment instead of just leveling personal attacks. What are you, 12 years old?

Poor Chase and Matt. You can’t come up with anything better than some children’s line about envy? Sorry, boys, but I like having my advanced degree, real career, and accomplished spouse of two decades.

I find a self-promoting nobody who smears gay activists offensive. And, yes, Chase, I am perfectly capable of ignoring stories about him or about Calvin Klein’s nobody ex. It doesn’t make their dysfunctional craving for attention and constant popping up in front of me any less annoying. Nice try though, fanboys.

29. skepticalcicada says

30. stanhope says

Just like Lance Bass to buy a silver ring with black diamonds which costs about the same as swarovski crystals from the Paris Hilton collection. LOL I’m sure a dude like that is going to get a prenup. To extemporaneously look for a ring in New Orleans is another trip. Lance doll, you live in or can get to Los Angeles or NYC. Cartier, Harry Winston, Graff or even Jared’s would have presented a more reasoned choice. I hope every New Orleans person spits on you for saying there are no guy’s rings to be had there. Perhaps not at the thrift store where you likely went. Saks??? To buy a commitment ring? Doesn’t Ms. Reichen have a jewelry line? LOL LOL LOL LOL She could have given you a deal for old time’s sakes. After all she has merchandise to clear out.

31. stanhope says

I just checked Miss B, Reichen’s FLY NAKED jewelry line is 2/3 off for the budget minded gal. If you can wait, I hear Honey Boo Boo is doing a jewelry line for She by Sheree.

32. Cassie says

First of All, they have been together for Two years. as a fan of NSYNC and of Lance, I should Know. since I follow both on twitter and all. They have been together 2years. enough time to be together then get engaged